Apple reject all of vape apps online since Dec 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

StillMyHeart

Jun 13, 2016
NewYork
vapeam.com
This morning, Apple App Review Team called us for the review issue of our app "Vapeam".
They claimed that they will rejected all of vape apps, including but not limited to cigarettes, pipes, hookahs, and/or e-cigarettes.

And currently, they did not remove the online version on app store, cause they need some time to discuss with it. Once they have figure out the result, they may remove all of vape apps on app store.
My Team and I deeply concerned about this, it would be a disaster for vaping Community and all of our vapers.

Feel so disappointed!

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Ouch!
apple-vs-android.jpg

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
This morning, Apple App Review Team called us for the review issue of our app "Vapeam".
They claimed that they will rejected all of vape apps, including but not limited to cigarettes, pipes, hookahs, and/or e-cigarettes.

And currently, they did not remove the online version on app store, cause they need some time to discuss with it. Once they have figure out the result, they may remove all of vape apps on app store.
My Team and I deeply concerned about this, it would be a disaster for Vaping Community and all of our vapers.

Feel so disappointed!

Stop giving then so much power.

They sell us extremely overpriced crap that is marginally better than other available devices costing 1/10th of the price.

Sound familiar?

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
i'll stick with my canuck BB... both hubby and i have em and i love having my keyboard, since they're android capable i don't miss out on any of the good stuff normally. i just wanted a coil calc, but since i do all my building at home anyhow next to the comp... i don't really need it.

After a bit you'll just know how to wrap with each guage wire to get the coil you want without the calculator.
I havent used one in years.

My Team and I deeply concerned about this, it would be a disaster for Vaping Community and all of our vapers.

Feel so disappointed!

I'm very happy that I bought a Samsung S7 Edge. I don't need any social justice warriors telling me what to do.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
HTC was always a solid manufacturer. I believe their the one who makes the Pixel. I do think the S7 was a big step forward for Samsung to remain the premier builder of Androids. However the Note 7 was a big beating to take and it will take them time to recover the damage to their reputation.

The fact, is really doesn't matter what you have these days. As long as whatever you have works for you and makes you happy you're good to go.

kbeam418

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2015
Toledo,Oh
It probably has to do with people who lack the proper knowledge and end up screwing up their devices then complaining and asking for replacements. I'm sure Apple received hundreds if not thousands of similar complaints when jailbreaks were initially introduced so they had to take necessary precautions. To give the devil its due, I believe iOS is probably the most user-friendly device for people who aren't tech-savvy or those who don't give any attention to the 'technical' side of smart phones, and my parents are an example of that since they find iOS much easier to use than Android. On another note, the Macintosh operating system is superior to Windows from my opinion and experience, and I haven't looked back since I bought my first MacBook Pro back in early 2008.

I have an iPod touch 3rd generation (running greyd00r). Imo Apple makes the best audio players and this is coming from someone who is an audiophile. Apple's audio quality is better than CD, has a flat frequency response, decent power output and has a very easy to use interface that keeps everything nice and organised.

Another thing Apple products tend to stay fast and usable. My 3rd gen ipod is snappy and I have zero issues running Spotify and Pandora. Pretty impressive for a device that's close to ten years old! Sure my battery is pretty much useless but that can be fixed for around $5 if I really wanted to repair it. The macbook series was very good until Apple decided to go with usb-c and stopped using mag safe.

kbeam418

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2015
Toledo,Oh
Doesn't matter to me.. I'm against EVERYTHING MICROSOFT and that includes
Windows PC's. I could care less about using a vape app even if I did own an IPhone.

I sure as hell will never be buying a Windows PC ever again. Those machines are designed to get worse with age, aren't user friendly at all and require BS that I rufuse to deal with.. Part of the reason why I've never liked PC gaming. My Mac and Chromebook... not at all. Sorry Microsoft, but I don't like the way you treat your consumers and your products have been banned from my household on priniple alone. Microsoft just goes against the grain with EVERYTHING they design and do.

And don't even get me started on what they did to their ill fated POS Xbox Brand... yet so many sheep still support them...

Back to topic! :) And to each their own..

Get worse with age? Stop buying cheap windows laptops and desktops and that won't happen. My gaming rig has a cpu from 2010 (AMD FX-6300) still runs very well with Windows 10. Now I do agree with you that Windows is bloated and those $300 best buy specials will have problems after a couple of years. My old Inspiron from around 2011 has issues running 10, my other inspiron 5 series has zero issues running 10 in fact it's faster.

Tldr; Windows computers don't age well with old low end hardware. Just my :2c: now back to our scheduled program.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
To give the devil its due, I believe iOS is probably the most user-friendly device for people who aren't tech-savvy or those who don't give any attention to the 'technical' side of smart phones, and my parents are an example of that since they find iOS much easier to use than Android. On another note, the Macintosh operating system is superior to Windows from my opinion and experience, and I haven't looked back since I bought my first MacBook Pro back in early 2008.

Well remember, OSX on MacBooks is just Unix with a shell. And Unix is nice and reliable. Personally, I'm somewhat the opposite. It's not impossible to get to a command prompt in OSX, but it's not all that pleasant. Despite all the issues with Windows I still prefer it and remember my dos line commands a lot better than my Unix. OTOH, for just a plain phone that does what I need, call, text, handle email, let me easily communicate with my daughter who already has a iPhone, it's just more convenient to go with it over Android.

I had an S3 I loved. Then I got an S5 and felt really let down by Samsung. If I were to go with Android again, it would probably be with a Pixel or another "pure" Android device. Between the carrier and the phone manufacturer I don't like the multiple layers required to maintain the phone and certainly not sit and wait on a security update.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Doesn't matter to me.. I'm against EVERYTHING MICROSOFT and that includes
Windows PC's. I could care less about using a vape app even if I did own an IPhone.

I sure as hell will never be buying a Windows PC ever again. Those machines are designed to get worse with age, aren't user friendly at all and require BS that I rufuse to deal with.. Part of the reason why I've never liked PC gaming. My Mac and Chromebook... not at all. Sorry Microsoft, but I don't like the way you treat your consumers and your products have been banned from my household on priniple alone. Microsoft just goes against the grain with EVERYTHING they design and do.

And don't even get me started on what they did to their ill fated POS Xbox Brand... yet so many sheep still support them...

Back to topic! :) And to each their own..
sounds more like your hate for MS clouds your judgement. not sure what they did to you, but apple is a way worse company with worse hardware and a worse OS. and I have an ipad (personal) iphone (company) mac pro (company, been using macs at my job for 10 years or so) several apple Tvs, my wife has an iphone, my daughter an iphone, and some other apple products and I can say they are pretty much trash. Personally I have a windows 10 laptop and an android phone (galaxy S7 edge) But i do use surface tablets at work. Windows 10 is miles ahead of MAC OS. hell you can't even use an newer AMD GPU in a mac without having to alter the OS and even then the ability to do so was just added about 8 months ago. Gaming on mac is a joke as well. Also as a PS4 and XB1 owner, I don't see what you mean by the XB brand being a PoS? it's a great gaming and the new hardware revision scorpio will pair very nicely with my 4k TVs
Oh and we also have a chromebook in the house. it's crap lol unless all you want to do is surf the internet.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    The FDA has included "vape related software" in the regs.
    Wonder if Apple thinks their product could be a tobacco product?....
    Seems ironic they wouldn't release info to the FBI regarding the San Bernardino attack, due to invasion of privacy, but feel the need to protect the public by banning a vape app.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2014

Feel so disappointed!
    Thanks so much for the heads up. Is there a way for the pubic to communicate with those people or is the wall around their ivory tower too tall? Are there other classes of apps they don't allow? Do you know what they are? I wonder why they think they need to do this. I hope there is a discussion on the forum to figure out the issues from their point of view then may be communicate with them if there is a way. Another way to put them on the spot is to leak the story to the press and see if they are interested. It would quallify as a new angle on the vaping story but may be better to wait a while.

Can you estimate how may vape apps there are in apple and and how many downloads? It would be helpful to know that. I'm anandroid user.

Ardo

ECF Veteran
    Nov 17, 2009
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Not to worry. Apps and app store will be irrelevant pretty soon.

"Google announced last week an upcoming change to its Android mobile phone operating system that threatens the future of its own mobile app store, Google Play. And the resulting shift is likely to threaten Apple’s App Store, too. It is likely that in 2018 or 2019, we will no longer perceive a difference between a website and a mobile app.

The new feature on Android lets users “install” web pages from the Chrome web browser so that, for all practical purposes, they look just like apps downloaded from the Google Play store."

Why mobile app stores are on their way out

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread