Apple reject all of vape apps online since Dec 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Want To Quit

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2015
San Fernando Valley, So-Cal
Doesn't matter to me.. I'm against EVERYTHING MICROSOFT and that includes
Windows PC's. I could care less about using a vape app even if I did own an IPhone.

I sure as hell will never be buying a Windows PC ever again. Those machines are designed to get worse with age, aren't user friendly at all and require BS that I rufuse to deal with.. Part of the reason why I've never liked PC gaming. My Mac and Chromebook... not at all. Sorry Microsoft, but I don't like the way you treat your consumers and your products have been banned from my household on priniple alone. Microsoft just goes against the grain with EVERYTHING they design and do.

And don't even get me started on what they did to their ill fated POS Xbox Brand... yet so many sheep still support them...

Back to topic! :) And to each their own..

Epsilonsama

Dec 26, 2016
As a Linux user I would choose Windows machines over Mac because while Windows is still a pile of crap but at least Microsoft allows you to customize your PC unlike Apple.

Anyway back on topic, this is a bit strange for them to ban vape apps. What kind of reasoning would they have to ban applications that simply calculate Ohms law, TCRs or Nic level?

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
Trying to talk reason to Apple's submission team is like talking to a brick wall sometimes, worse yet trying to get them to cave and change policy that's even harder to get across.

My only advice to the OP is to re-build if possible and make everything browser based in HTML5, you won't have the same level of exposure but at least your work will be safe from Apple's walled garden and their crazy policy changes.

kbeam418

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2015
Toledo,Oh
I've only owned Android devices, but I can see why some people get the idea that they aren't as good as iOS. There really are a lot of crapware apps that will suck up all your resources if you don't know any better, and these days Android seems to be very memory and CPU hungry. I went to a Nexus 5X from a Samsung Galaxy S4 (out-of-the box support for Project Fi), and I can definitely feel the limitations of 2GB of RAM with the newer Android releases versus the 2GB that the Galaxy S4 had with older Android releases. Same amount of memory -- way more sluggish performance (the fact that the 5X uses encryption by default doesn't help). Despite this, the 5X is amazing for a <$300 phone. A new iPhone would probably cost you over double that.

The thing about Android is it runs on many different hardware setups whereas iOS is only made for a few different hardware setups. That's the same reason why gaming consoles can have good graphics with low end hardware.

Just Want To Quit

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2015
San Fernando Valley, So-Cal
sounds more like your hate for MS clouds your judgement. not sure what they did to you, but apple is a way worse company with worse hardware and a worse OS. and I have an ipad (personal) iphone (company) mac pro (company, been using macs at my job for 10 years or so) several apple Tvs, my wife has an iphone, my daughter an iphone, and some other apple products and I can say they are pretty much trash. Personally I have a windows 10 laptop and an android phone (galaxy S7 edge) But i do use surface tablets at work. Windows 10 is miles ahead of MAC OS. hell you can't even use an newer AMD GPU in a mac without having to alter the OS and even then the ability to do so was just added about 8 months ago. Gaming on mac is a joke as well. Also as a PS4 and XB1 owner, I don't see what you mean by the XB brand being a PoS? it's a great gaming and the new hardware revision scorpio will pair very nicely with my 4k TVs
Oh and we also have a chromebook in the house. it's crap lol unless all you want to do is surf the internet.

Sorry pal... I think the Microsoft cult has pulled the wool over the majority of the world's eyes already. Apple isn't anywhere near as bad as that scandalous company ran by 2 bit criminals with no moral judgement.

You don't know what I mean when I say the Xbox brand is a POS? It's because it is.. The entire brand is based around you turns and lies pal.. Sacrificed power for media functionality and never keep their promisies with anything.

Sony has their problems too but it's the superior console platform now. I refuse to settle for sub par standards and ....ty two bit ran through the gutter and back again sub par multiplatform titles. It's like PS3 all over again this gen.. Yes I think it's safe to assume MS ....ed up big time with their launch.. But you really need to review what they did at E3.

I don't game anymore... It's a complete waste of time at 42 so I can really care less. But if you need me to elaborate on how bad the Xbox brand is... perhaps I should refresh your memory at what happened at E3 13...

Let me know if you want to discuss this further in a PM sometime... I can talk about these crooks and their i'll fated console brand all day long! :)

I was there... and they spit in the faces of gamers and consumers with everything they did with their ill fated launch with their jack of all trades master at none weak sauce console.

Chromebook is crap? I don't know about you pal.. but there is nothing I can't do with my chromebook.. besides downloading ....ty Microsoft software and having to use a cloud print. My chromebook is literally the best computer I've ever owned.. No frills, no bull......

In the end, all I care about is simplicity and EASE OF USE. And Windows as an OS just isn't it. It's a POS just like Zune, Bing, Bing Rewards, and their POS Xbox Console.

You couldn't pay me enough to use a windows PC again. Good riddance to virus, error messages and Microsoft scam artists! :)

Get worse with age? Stop buying cheap windows laptops and desktops and that won't happen. My gaming rig has a cpu from 2010 (AMD FX-6300) still runs very well with Windows 10. Now I do agree with you that Windows is bloated and those $300 best buy specials will have problems after a couple of years. My old Inspiron from around 2011 has issues running 10, my other inspiron 5 series has zero issues running 10 in fact it's faster.

Tldr; Windows computers don't age well with old low end hardware. Just my :2c: now back to our scheduled program.

All windows pc's are designed to get worse with age according to my IT guy.. it's the flawed designed that windows is. My previous laptop was a $500 acer with great specs back in 2010... It got slow like the rest of them...

I'll will never buy a windows PC again.. I'm completely done! It's a matter of prinicple as of this point... and well... not ever wanting to support Microsofts underhanded business practices ever again..

Regardless stick with what you know.. but to me they have lost my respect..

Back to the scheduled program! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread