Status
Not open for further replies.

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
The FDA has included "vape related software" in the regs.
Wonder if Apple thinks their product could be a tobacco product?....
Seems ironic they wouldn't release info to the FBI regarding the San Bernardino attack, due to invasion of privacy, but feel the need to protect the public by banning a vape app.

This is more than likely the reason. The regs state ALL software used for vaping is deemed a component and my inquiries to them have pretty much confirmed that even coil calculators fall under that.

It's stupid, but as a distributor of that software Apple would have to register as a vape company and that opens up all their other products to scrutiny.

Reactions: puffon

Mojo Cho Cho

Jan 7, 2017
I've only owned Android devices, but I can see why some people get the idea that they aren't as good as iOS. There really are a lot of crapware apps that will suck up all your resources if you don't know any better, and these days Android seems to be very memory and CPU hungry. I went to a Nexus 5X from a Samsung Galaxy S4 (out-of-the box support for Project Fi), and I can definitely feel the limitations of 2GB of RAM with the newer Android releases versus the 2GB that the Galaxy S4 had with older Android releases. Same amount of memory -- way more sluggish performance (the fact that the 5X uses encryption by default doesn't help). Despite this, the 5X is amazing for a <$300 phone. A new iPhone would probably cost you over double that.

Reactions: Eskie

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Not really any vape related apps I would even bother downloading anyways. Almost all are vape store apps from "Vape Boss" and the odd crappy coil calculator (free, but $$$ required to get rid of ads, etc.).

Not cool that they are not allowing new apps at the App Store, but I'm not heartbroken.

P.s. I have a Mac, iPhone, multiple iPads and an Apple Watch, but still think Apple is evil.

P.p.s. Vapeam is kinda cool!:)

StillMyHeart

Jun 13, 2016
NewYork
vapeam.com
Thanks so much for the heads up. Is there a way for the pubic to communicate with those people or is the wall around their ivory tower too tall? Are there other classes of apps they don't allow? Do you know what they are? I wonder why they think they need to do this. I hope there is a discussion on the forum to figure out the issues from their point of view then may be communicate with them if there is a way. Another way to put them on the spot is to leak the story to the press and see if they are interested. It would quallify as a new angle on the vaping story but may be better to wait a while.

Can you estimate how may vape apps there are in apple and and how many downloads? It would be helpful to know that. I'm anandroid user.

The number of vape apps can reach to 500+.

StillMyHeart

Jun 13, 2016
NewYork
vapeam.com
Have a question

I found this thread tonight and checked the AppStore

There is vapeam, vape boss and some coil calculators so are you referring to new apps or it is only in US?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

It just can't upgrade the app since December.
Apple claimed that they may remove all of vape apps by anytime.

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
Thankfully my main device is a Galaxy S7 Edge and I surely am enjoying Vape Tool Pro. :D

I use my iPhone as an iPod in my car most of the time, because in my opinion, that's pretty much what it is good for unless it's jailbroken.
ummm isn't that oops i blew up and caught fire phone? lmao

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
The brilliance of Apple is the inability to use many apps/features on other platforms.

My Apple journey started about 10 years ago with an iPod. Never touched an Apple product before that in my life and I have been in computer/technology sales for 25 years.

Once you have books, music, movies and paid for apps thru the Apple Store, you are basically blackmailed/forced to continue with the platform. I could switch to Android like my wife did, but too much of a pain in the .....

They are evil, but damned brilliant!

StillMyHeart

Jun 13, 2016
NewYork
vapeam.com
Self righteous ......Can't even stand to walk by the Apple store in the mall.......Great marketing , just reminds me of what a Scientology meeting would look like

I like apple, gives me something to aim at.

6e2d15117172ae6d3368d2c30c6ea665.jpeg

LOL.:rolleyes:

Maestro

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Windsor, Ontario
I've never bought an apple product and have never understood why anyone would. I know they make good products, but it a mystery to me why anyone would pay a LOT of their hard earned cash for a product that then dictates how you can use it afterward. Once I buy something, it's mine and I'll do what I want with it. I avoid any devices with proprietary demands. It's the same reason I refuse to buy a kindle. I know I can convert epub files, but I just won't support this type of product.

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
I've never bought an apple product and have never understood why anyone would. I know they make good products, but it a mystery to me why anyone would pay a LOT of their hard earned cash for a product that then dictates how you can use it afterward. Once I buy something, it's mine and I'll do what I want with it. I avoid any devices with proprietary demands. It's the same reason I refuse to buy a kindle. I know I can convert epub files, but I just won't support this type of product.
you forgot they like to replace 2 to 3 times a year and market for you having the device for less than 6 months...

Falco78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2014
United States
I applied to the Samsung Beta Program when it was initiated and I've had Android Nougat for a while now, and I can tell you that you're going to be amazed by the performance and stability when the official version is released. It's much better than Android 6, in my honest opinion, and TouchWiz X is just so smooth.
If you are okay at replacing a ROM on your phone you can really find some amazing ones

sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using MOAR 2.1b ROM running tapatalk

StillMyHeart

Jun 13, 2016
NewYork
vapeam.com
UPDATE NEWS: (REFERENCE)

Yes, Apple just banned vaping, but no, Apple is not making a vape!

As reported widely last week, Apple has told a British vaping website, Planet of the Vapes, that no more apps or app updates relating to vape will be allowed on the App Store.

Apple is known for its opacity when it comes to its business decisions, so don’t expect any explanation or justification for this.

Around the same time, news broke that Apple has patented a “vaporizer”. You can look at this patent elsewhere. This led many people to put two and two together and impugn a highly anti-competitive motive: Apple bans vape apps then moves in with its own iVape to corner the market. After all, is this the kind of thing Apple would do?

Well, maybe but of course, this isn’t what’s happening at all. Firstly, as Macobserver sleuth, Jeff Gamet, has shown that the application most likely relates to manufacturing processes. This is the type of thing the named inventor does (google patents is good for finding this out). So, it’s business as usual. Apple’s not releasing a vape device.

It’s anyone’s guess why Apple have chosen to ban vape from the app store. Most likely it’s down to the still-poisonous politics of vaping in the US, along with horrible offerings such as “Vape Master”. It wouldn’t have taken much from someone anti-vaping to nudge Apple, perhaps pointing out that vaping is now considered to be a tobacco product by the FDA (not very fair on Europeans, of course, for whom vaping is not considered a tobacco product by their regulators).

One thing’s for sure through this: Apple doesn’t care about the health of its consumers. For all the talk about connected health devices, the fact that they won’t support alternative nicotine products speaks volumes about the ethics of this deeply cynical company.

This is madness. Smokers moving onto non-smoked nicotine products will create far more societal health improvements than a bunch connected heart rate monitors ever will.

News Reference From: Yes, Apple just banned vaping, but no, Apple is not making a vape! - Vaping.com - Your One Stop Vapor Shop

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
This morning, Apple App Review Team called us for the review issue of our app "Vapeam".
They claimed that they will rejected all of vape apps, including but not limited to cigarettes, pipes, hookahs, and/or e-cigarettes.
iT's aPple ... hOw cOuld aNyone bE sUrprised?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread