Are my expectations way too high?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjs4269

Verified Member
Jan 23, 2013
pittsburgh
Owner of a Lavatube v2, aga t+, vivi nova 3.5, and a lavatank... Lavatube has a crooked connection at the top so nothing sits perfectly straight, the lavatank is prone to leaks and the vapor is tasteless in the cartos compared to my V2 Cigs kit i had when i first started vaping... My vivi nova tank is oblong, literally looks like an oval when you unscrew the cap and look straight at it, and ine of the heads i recieved in the kit had the wick shredded and the fibers fell into my juice, and when i screw the cap on, i have to center the rubber piece to keep it from kicking to one side and letting juice leak out into the drip tip, plus no drip tipfits well besides the included one... Point is, am i the only person disappointed in the quality of all these devices? I mean, the aga t has barely enough threads for the 3 nuts to fit and theres barely enough room for 3 or 4 wraps... Im just confused why there are reviews of people standing by these products like theyre top quality when they are def not... Can someone please help me find equivalents to these items only with legit solid quality, and available to buy, without finding out you have to wait 10 years or literalky live next door and be friends with people like zen or imeo? Just tired of junk and really frustrated... Losing faith in alot of these items and opinions... Someone please give me some hope, a sign, or some legitamite direction!!! I know you real deal vapor enthusiastes are out there with answers!

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Owner of a Lavatube v2, aga t+, vivi nova 3.5, and a lavatank... Lavatube has a crooked connection at the top so nothing sits perfectly straight, the lavatank is prone to leaks and the vapor is tasteless in the cartos compared to my V2 Cigs kit i had when i first started vaping... My vivi nova tank is oblong, literally looks like an oval when you unscrew the cap and look straight at it, and ine of the heads i recieved in the kit had the wick shredded and the fibers fell into my juice, and when i screw the cap on, i have to center the rubber piece to keep it from kicking to one side and letting juice leak out into the drip tip, plus no drip tipfits well besides the included one... Point is, am i the only person disappointed in the quality of all these devices? I mean, the aga t has barely enough threads for the 3 nuts to fit and theres barely enough room for 3 or 4 wraps... Im just confused why there are reviews of people standing by these products like theyre top quality when they are def not... Can someone please help me find equivalents to these items only with legit solid quality, and available to buy, without finding out you have to wait 10 years or literalky live next door and be friends with people like zen or imeo? Just tired of junk and really frustrated... Losing faith in alot of these items and opinions... Someone please give me some hope, a sign, or some legitamite direction!!! I know you real deal vapor enthusiastes are out there with answers!

What ARE your expectations?
How do you use your stuff? Sofa/Work van/office?
Size? Hit? capacity? Battery life?
I love my AGA-T. 3/4 wrap of 32awg on silica or SS mesh is great flavor and huge clouds... but leaks if laid down.
Lava tank is a carto tank right? So it's the cartos you are using that suck?
Is the VIvi a Vision or a knockoff?
Try a 1000 ego twist and a t3/Mt3/Evod.

Want more?
I

budynbuick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
michigan
I just checked my aga-t & it has plenty of thread & I could wrap ten times if desired. I don't understand what your seeing there. yes I have had some crappy stuff but that is no reason to indict the suggestions of members. When I purchase something I live with the decision(not insinuate others). BTW,my gear is working great so there is good stuff out there. Remember,these are suggestions people are giving & YMMV.

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
The Lavatube is a mass produced China APV. China isn't very good at quality control :glare: There is a trade off between quality and price if one is going to purchase China mass produced APV's. If your Lavatube arrived with a crooked connection you should contact your vendor and ask for a replacement. Hopefully you just received it and its still within warranty.

Your problem with your Lavatank isn't the tank, its the cartos you are using. I'm not a carto fan so I cant help you much there.

Sounds like you have a knockoff Viva Nova or just plain bad Visions Vivi. Again, its a China mass produced product with poor quality control. :glare: I have no problem getting most of my drip tips to fit on my Vivi Novas, the real things and the knockoffs. Sounds like you must be laying your viva on its side for the juice to leak out of the drip tip. If your Viva is an oval instead of a circle I'm surprised you dont have problems getting your cap to screw on. I do understand your frustration, but not all Vivi Nova's have the problems you are describing. Some people love their Vivi's and others are less then thrilled with them. I had used the same Vivi for four weeks without any issues until this weekend when mine started major leaking from the bottom. I took it apart, cleaned it and put it back together and its working like a charm again. But with this said, I do understand that the next one I use "could" give me problems.

I don't own an Aga T but I do know that on many of the RA's there isn't a lot of space for the wire wraps but they do fit and do work very well. It takes some practice to learn how to wrap a good coil, especially within a small space that some require. ;) RA's aren't for everyone and there's nothing wrong with that, but they are worth extra effort to see if they are for you. Don't give up yet, keep trying a little longer and see if you can get the hang of them.

Vaping is not as simple as smoking was. Maybe someday it will be, but that day is still in the future. Vaping has progressed a LONG ways from when I first started. Be thankful we aren't still modding cartridges with tea bags or blue foam :D Vaping requires a lot of patience some days and a good sense of humor. :)

I'm not a fan of China produced APV's. I much prefer APV's made by small US vendors that stand behind their APV's with great customer service when something's not working properly. My preferred juice delivery is by dripping on a 510 atty but that's not always convenient. My favorite RA is my ZAP although I also like the Pheonix dripping atty. Only used them for about a month but I like the Vivi Nova's. Bottom feeders are also a great option for simplicity when vaping. It doesn't get any easier then putting an 18650 battery in and filling a 6 ml bottle of juice and inserting into the APV, add either an atty or a carto and you've got yourself an all day vape. :)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The Lavatube is a mass produced China APV. China isn't very good at quality control :glare: There is a trade off between quality and price if one is going to purchase China mass produced APV's. If your Lavatube arrived with a crooked connection you should contact your vendor and ask for a replacement. Hopefully you just received it and its still within warranty.

Your problem with your Lavatank isn't the tank, its the cartos you are using. I'm not a carto fan so I cant help you much there.

Sounds like you have a knockoff Viva Nova or just plain bad Visions Vivi. Again, its a China mass produced product with poor quality control. :glare: I have no problem getting most of my drip tips to fit on my Vivi Novas, the real things and the knockoffs. Sounds like you must be laying your viva on its side for the juice to leak out of the drip tip. If your Viva is an oval instead of a circle I'm surprised you dont have problems getting your cap to screw on. I do understand your frustration, but not all Vivi Nova's have the problems you are describing. Some people love their Vivi's and others are less then thrilled with them. I had used the same Vivi for four weeks without any issues until this weekend when mine started major leaking from the bottom. I took it apart, cleaned it and put it back together and its working like a charm again. But with this said, I do understand that the next one I use "could" give me problems.

I don't own an Aga T but I do know that on many of the RA's there isn't a lot of space for the wire wraps but they do fit and do work very well. It takes some practice to learn how to wrap a good coil, especially within a small space that some require. ;) RA's aren't for everyone and there's nothing wrong with that, but they are worth extra effort to see if they are for you. Don't give up yet, keep trying a little longer and see if you can get the hang of them.

Vaping is not as simple as smoking was. Maybe someday it will be, but that day is still in the future. Vaping has progressed a LONG ways from when I first started. Be thankful we aren't still modding cartridges with tea bags or blue foam :D Vaping requires a lot of patience some days and a good sense of humor. :)

I'm not a fan of China produced APV's. I much prefer APV's made by small US vendors that stand behind their APV's with great customer service when something's not working properly. My preferred juice delivery is by dripping on a 510 atty but that's not always convenient. My favorite RA is my ZAP although I also like the Pheonix dripping atty. Only used them for about a month but I like the Vivi Nova's. Bottom feeders are also a great option for simplicity when vaping. It doesn't get any easier then putting an 18650 battery in and filling a 6 ml bottle of juice and inserting into the APV, add either an atty or a carto and you've got yourself an all day vape. :)
As usual, I agree with what grandmato5 has to say. She's an experienced and wise veteran that gives good advice.

Also not a fan of the Chinese-made PV's. I prefer something like the Provari or Silver Bullet that are USA made for quality, durability, and US-type warranty and customer service. You'll pay more for that peace of mind, though.

I'm not a fan of any string-wicked juice delivery device; I've found their consistancy to be poor. I use cartotanks almost exclusively; a quality cartomizer and proper methodology of filling a cartotank is essential for enjoying one.

Just got my first AGA T+ up and running for a couple weeks, so I'm still a noobie with those, but I can see why they hold a lot of promise.

Hope that helps some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread