Not open for further replies.

lorderos33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2011
FL
Hey vapspaz,

I've been using Genny's almost since raidy unveiled it. I've tried all sorts of things(silica, ceramic, cotton, microcoil, etc.), and I am happy with them for a little while, but inevitably end up going back to a Genisis device (more often than not modding the new piece into a Genisis style device). I almost always go back to my G-tank or Orion v2.1 or Katana or the original Hybrid Mini. As much as I love all f the different mods in my collection, the most used piece is still my Orion 2.1.

savagemann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
California East Bay
Between my russian 91%, immortalizers and various other drippers, I don't see myself touching my agat2, rsst or I-atty gennys much. I'll probably part ways with them.
They're just taking up space as far as I'm concerned.
I gotta say, the kayfun/russian devices are everything I ever hoped and dreamed vaping could be.
Only problem is I didn't get one sooner.

ronpaek100

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Between my russian 91%, immortalizers and various other drippers, I don't see myself touching my agat2, rsst or I-atty gennys much. I'll probably part ways with them.
They're just taking up space as far as I'm concerned.
I gotta say, the kayfun/russian devices are everything I ever hoped and dreamed vaping could be.
Only problem is I didn't get one sooner.

what if you use your genesis atomizers with micro coils and cotton do you get as good as flavor from them as a kayfun / russian?

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
I started with carto tanks, went to kayfun 3.1, fogger v2, then gennis, I'm getting great taste from a pulse genny @ 0.8 0hm eco sleeved cable wick, And a REDUCER . The kayfun is definitely bullet proof, doesn't leak, always works great, tastes fantastic, easy to setup, oh yeah and ALWAYS WORKS GREAT.

I will say that I'm having more fun playing with the gennys tho, and they keep getting better n better w each build.

Last edited:

vapspaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
SC
Well... I'm about a month into using my newest set-up (KFL+ w/ Paps v2.5 SS). Even though I'm still loving it, I just can't seem to leave my beloved Provari and mini D14 at home while I'm at work. There's just something about the "sharpness" of the flavor coming off my gennie builds that I like for my all day vape. That plus the provari and D14 are a much lighter set-up.

I still use my KFL+ when I'm around the house but I must say that changing out the cotton wick (as easy as it is) every tank or so is getting a little old. Thankfully it's a fast process so it's not super time consuming, but if I could get away from this aspect of the Kayfuns and at least go a week before changing out the wick I'd be a happy camper.

I tried some silica in hopes that I could get the same great flavor as I get off from cotton but that was a miserable FAIL so I went back to cotton. Sure would be nice to go at least week between re-wicking.
What can I say, I'm a lazy ........ :D

lorderos33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2011
FL
Well... I'm about a month into using my newest set-up (KFL+ w/ Paps v2.5 SS). Even though I'm still loving it, I just can't seem to leave my beloved Provari and mini D14 at home while I'm at work. There's just something about the "sharpness" of the flavor coming off my gennie builds that I like for my all day vape. That plus the provari and D14 are a much lighter set-up.

I still use my KFL+ when I'm around the house but I must say that changing out the cotton wick (as easy as it is) every tank or so is getting a little old. Thankfully it's a fast process so it's not super time consuming, but if I could get away from this aspect of the Kayfuns and at least go a week before changing out the wick I'd be a happy camper.

I tried some silica in hopes that I could get the same great flavor as I get off from cotton but that was a miserable FAIL so I went back to cotton. Sure would be nice to go at least week between re-wicking.
What can I say, I'm a lazy ........ :D

This is exactly why I have been vaping Gennis for so long. With 28ga kanthal a-1 wire at about 1.2 ohm and mesh wrapped 7x19 316SS cable wick I go months and months between changing coil/wick with dry burns whenever it gunks up. It's hard to beat and the flavor and the performance is stellar and consistent :).

There are certainly many nuances with Gennis but I've been using them so long I don't even give it a though anymore. Because of that, of course everyone will have different experiences with them, but for me, Genisis has been the game changer.

FDKRYAN

Sep 30, 2013
Eugene, OR
I got a KFL and have all but retired my gennys. I do have to say that it's mostly because of portability. I could never really take my gennys out and about without leaking. That being said I think that a good genny build provides just as good vape quality as a KFL. I'm happy that I have both. Half the fun of vaping for me is researching and trying the new hottest thing though!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
I have my Aqua clone tuned up and I still prefer Genesis style.

The Aqua clone can compete with my gold standard IGO-F and defeat my large chamber volume RTAs from vapor quality stand point. My cloud tuned RTAs beat my Aqua build in regards to vapor production. RTA seems less fiddly to build.

If I had to choose one RBA I'd pick a small diameter glass tank Genny style RTA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread