The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Are you serious! Hana Modz Clone??????

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by lilstan, Mar 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. brekec88

brekec88 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 14, 2014
    US
    I bet they are POS though. Maybe not, but probably. It really surprises me how much junk vapeware comes out of china. I mean they make some very well built stuff in china now a days (Ipad, ps3, xbox, macbook, iphone 5s). They manufacture and iphone 5s but can't make an awesome mod or atty......?

2. spk99

spk99 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 8, 2014
    The B-Lo
    Maybe. But they put that .... out because there's a demand and the American manufacturers can't keep up. Plus they are rather expensive. Hanas are what, 275? I was watching one on eBay that went for 500, used! Nuts !

3. Bad Ninja

Bad Ninja Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 26, 2013
    God's Country
    I doubt it.
    I dont think he plans on selling them.
    i know this time he only ordered one for me to see what's up with build/chip quality.
    Plus, I asked for it. :)
    Love it or hate it....I knew you guys would want to see what it's all about.

Damn, after I typed that I realized how geeky it sounded.
    I have officially become a vape nerd.

4. Cloud Junky

Cloud Junky Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 6, 2014
    Texas, USA
    Its going to cigarette box wrapped in aluminum foil with a 510 connection on it. It will be the Hanna Montana edition.

5. smgrundy

smgrundy Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 24, 2013
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    While I don't like seeing the original designers name/logo on them, I do believe I have seen a few places that will have these with no Hana Logo on them. Just the same/similar box design, with some kind of 30w chip in it.

I'm quite happy to see the designs themselves copied/inspired/improved upon/etc, but the logo/name should be left off.

I believe the empty boxes can be purchased for under $20.00 as well if you want a go at completing your own with a genuine DNA 30.

**EDIT**
    Snipped from the US Copyright Office -- Artistic logos that contain sufficient authorship may automatically be protected via copyright. The lack of a trademark or registered trademark symbol, does not necessarily make it "free game". It's certainly not morally or ethically correct.

6. chuckie

chuckie Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 16, 2009
    miami fl USA
    A bunch of vendors are offering the clones now for $70.No logos, multiple colors and removable 18650 batt. Glad I knew enough to wait at while.

7. a wandering soul

a wandering soul Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Feb 27, 2014
    North Carolina
    Its really up to the schematics/blueprint/process they follow., chinese products can be awesome or sucky.. This has less to do w where its made & more w how the person who made the order to the factory set things up..

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

8. Steakjuice

Steakjuice Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Chinese vendors, correct? I can't imagine these being offered at that price point in North America.

9. chuckie

chuckie Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 16, 2009
    miami fl USA
    No, the 3 vendors shown on vapor Joes forum were U.S I believe.The are set to arrive on Mar 10 from China.I expect once fasttk. gets them they'll be in the 40-50$ range.Patience is a virtue.

10. LastRide

LastRide Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 24, 2010
    Canada
    Someone over at the Canadian forum wackedoutecig has a group buy on them, $83 Canadian. Shipped this week.

11. blueGrassTubb

blueGrassTubb Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 21, 2014
    The Bluegrass
    I'd be willing to bet that these particular clones will function just as well as the Hana MODs. China does put out a lot of junk, but they are getting better when you don't look to the cheapest crap on Fast Tech. Hcigar has been putting out quality clones for a while, many of which are virtually indistinguishable from the originals in how they look and how they function.

My Hcigar Kayfuns are awesome. They never leak, and perform better than my authentic Russian.

12. blueGrassTubb

blueGrassTubb Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 21, 2014
    The Bluegrass
    ^^THIS^^

If you provide the exact components and build schematics, a Chinese factory is every bit as good as an American one. It's when you leave some of the details up to the Chinese factories that things start to go awry.

13. yellowrider

yellowrider Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 22, 2012
    MN
    im buying one to stuff the actual dna 30 into.. Never liked the name "Hana"... lol

14. mbliffert

mbliffert Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 16, 2014
    Ocean Springs, MS
    I'm hoping these become available without the Hana logo. I rather like the design of the box, but after the SSVape fiasco I don't want to sport their logo on anything I own.

15. Steakjuice

Steakjuice Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Wow, I really wasn't expecting China to undercut to this extent. I just found the wackedout thread and while $83 is a fair price, I'll wait for the first wave of tester feedback. They don't have it in SS, anyway.

Edit: I don't think the wackedout thread is for a Hana clone. It's for whichever DNA20 box mod comes in a plain black box.

Edit 2: Correction - it appears to be the Hana clone. Unsure if it'll accept an 18650. I wonder how many different versions of this are being made?

16. inanitydefined

inanitydefined Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'm all for it. Had the original designer made better business decisions this situation wouldn't exist. Good for china for stepping up and supplying the demand

now if this chip turns out to be good, I'd be all over a ChiNA30 tube mod for $50-70

17. SavePaperVapor

SavePaperVapor Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2009
    Minnesota, USA
    My buddy got a Hana Modz on release from the facebook page. When it arrived it was already scratched up pretty good. Hana modz told him to pretty much eff off. I hope these Chinese clones take that dude out of business.

18. MikeA5

MikeA5 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 29, 2011
    Methuen, MA
    Here's a link of them without Hana logo
    http://.........blogspot.com/

Scroll down and Vapor Joe has a link of a few places. Lowest price ~$70 with May 10 availability

19. mbliffert

mbliffert Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 16, 2014
    Ocean Springs, MS
    No logos! Sold!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

20. Fathomrock

Fathomrock Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 3, 2011
    Costa Mesa ca
    Just ordered a green one from elev8vape.com full size no logos and accepts your own 18650 vtc5!!!!! Woot
    The store is expecting there package to arrive May 10th!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.