Are you serious! Hana Modz Clone??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
^Tell him to be careful.. if they have that trademarked logo on it, he could get into some legal trouble selling in shop.

37, ph0n3 h0m3.
I doubt it.
I dont think he plans on selling them.
i know this time he only ordered one for me to see what's up with build/chip quality.
Plus, I asked for it. :)
Love it or hate it....I knew you guys would want to see what it's all about.

Damn, after I typed that I realized how geeky it sounded.
I have officially become a vape nerd.

smgrundy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Las Vegas, NV, USA
www.vaporality.com
While I don't like seeing the original designers name/logo on them, I do believe I have seen a few places that will have these with no Hana Logo on them. Just the same/similar box design, with some kind of 30w chip in it.

I'm quite happy to see the designs themselves copied/inspired/improved upon/etc, but the logo/name should be left off.

I believe the empty boxes can be purchased for under $20.00 as well if you want a go at completing your own with a genuine DNA 30.

**EDIT**
Snipped from the US Copyright Office -- Artistic logos that contain sufficient authorship may automatically be protected via copyright. The lack of a trademark or registered trademark symbol, does not necessarily make it "free game". It's certainly not morally or ethically correct.

How do I copyright a name, title, slogan, or logo?
Copyright does not protect names, titles, slogans, or short phrases. In some cases, these things may be protected as trademarks. Contact the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office, 800-786-9199, for further information. However, copyright protection may be available for logo artwork that contains sufficient authorship. In some circumstances, an artistic logo may also be protected as a trademark.

Last edited:

a wandering soul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
North Carolina
I bet they are POS though. Maybe not, but probably. It really surprises me how much junk vapeware comes out of china. I mean they make some very well built stuff in china now a days (Ipad, ps3, xbox, macbook, iphone 5s). They manufacture and iphone 5s but can't make an awesome mod or atty......?

Its really up to the schematics/blueprint/process they follow., chinese products can be awesome or sucky.. This has less to do w where its made & more w how the person who made the order to the factory set things up..

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

chuckie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2009
miami fl USA
Chinese vendors, correct? I can't imagine these being offered at that price point in North America.
No, the 3 vendors shown on vapor Joes forum were U.S I believe.The are set to arrive on Mar 10 from China.I expect once fasttk. gets them they'll be in the 40-50$ range.Patience is a virtue.

blueGrassTubb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
The Bluegrass
I bet they are POS though. Maybe not, but probably. It really surprises me how much junk vapeware comes out of china. I mean they make some very well built stuff in china now a days (Ipad, ps3, xbox, macbook, iphone 5s). They manufacture and iphone 5s but can't make an awesome mod or atty......?

I'd be willing to bet that these particular clones will function just as well as the Hana MODs. China does put out a lot of junk, but they are getting better when you don't look to the cheapest crap on Fast Tech. Hcigar has been putting out quality clones for a while, many of which are virtually indistinguishable from the originals in how they look and how they function.

My Hcigar Kayfuns are awesome. They never leak, and perform better than my authentic Russian.

blueGrassTubb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
The Bluegrass
Its really up to the schematics/blueprint/process they follow., chinese products can be awesome or sucky.. This has less to do w where its made & more w how the person who made the order to the factory set things up..

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

^^THIS^^

If you provide the exact components and build schematics, a Chinese factory is every bit as good as an American one. It's when you leave some of the details up to the Chinese factories that things start to go awry.

Steakjuice

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Toronto, ON Canada
Someone over at the Canadian forum wackedoutecig has a group buy on them, $83 Canadian. Shipped this week.

Wow, I really wasn't expecting China to undercut to this extent. I just found the wackedout thread and while $83 is a fair price, I'll wait for the first wave of tester feedback. They don't have it in SS, anyway.

Edit: I don't think the wackedout thread is for a Hana clone. It's for whichever DNA20 box mod comes in a plain black box.

Edit 2: Correction - it appears to be the Hana clone. Unsure if it'll accept an 18650. I wonder how many different versions of this are being made?

Last edited:

MikeA5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Methuen, MA
I'm hoping these become available without the Hana logo. I rather like the design of the box, but after the SSVape fiasco I don't want to sport their logo on anything I own.

Here's a link of them without Hana logo
http://.........blogspot.com/

Scroll down and Vapor Joe has a link of a few places. Lowest price ~$70 with May 10 availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread