Aside from vaping, why is nicotine available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeadude

Aug 11, 2020
Title pretty much says it. In the interest of the possible ruin of the vaping industry I’m heavily leaning into DIY ejuice. Having said that, if worst case scenario were to happen, is there any other legitimate reason for nicotine to be available on the market the way that it is? I’ve admittedly not put too much research behind this but I’m interested in what the possible answers may be

yeadude

Aug 11, 2020
It's used for other NRTs....patches, gum, lozenges, inhalers, etc.
Used to be used as a pesticide before the EPA stopped allowing it.
I wonder if those products make use of nicotine that is ready to be used in mixing e juice or if it’s a different consistency or concentration.. like for instance our nicotine comes in either a PG or VG dilute to a specific nicotine by volume percentage, I’m worried that those other products make use of nicotine in let’s say a ethyl alcohol dilute or something like that that is not suitable for making e juice

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    I wonder if those products make use of nicotine that is ready to be used in mixing e juice or if it’s a different consistency or concentration.. like for instance our nicotine comes in either a PG or VG dilute to a specific nicotine by volume percentage, I’m worried that those other products make use of nicotine in let’s say a ethyl alcohol dilute or something like that that is not suitable for making e juice
    I would guess they buy their nic at 100% pure nic.

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    I wonder if the average joe can just order a jug of pure nicotine?

Nope. You can't handle it without a lab, a hood and protective gear. Seriously. We're not even allowed to discuss it here per ECF rules. It's pure poison.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    Nicotine - Wikipedia

Nicotine use as a tool for quitting smoking has a good safety history. Nicotine itself is associated with some health harms. Nicotine is potentially harmful to non-users. At low amounts, it has a mild analgesic effect.The Surgeon General of the United States indicates that nicotine does not cause cancer. However, nicotine can react in the mouth and stomach to form N-Nitrosonornicotine, a known type 1 carcinogen. Nicotine has been shown to produce birth defects in some animal species, but not others. It is considered a teratogen in humans. The median lethal dose of nicotine in humans is unknown, but high doses are known to cause nicotine poisoning.

• Informative
    Reactions: Coyote628
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread