Ask a PIF mod or vet

Status
Not open for further replies.

analog

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2011
Was it something I said?
Does not count, what? I see it all the time before posts that "does not count" isn't really obvious what doesn't count for what...
Example:
DNC
Heh, I responded in the Classy's... I can hook you up, I have one I'm not using.
or
DNC
Super awesome of you to give to the TC, Jxnbklyn9!
I guess I am rather dense....

pchela

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2010
The only blue county in Texas!
Edit, we posted at the same time, OK, that makes sense now! Does not count as in "I'm posting here but breaking the pif thread, accept/offer flow"? got it. Is this just a PIF term or is it used elsewhere? Most other boards I've been on would just use OT for off-topic....

Exactly. And I've never seen it anywhere but here. Took me a while to figure it out too.

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
I don't even know why it's used in the PIF thread to be honest. Unless you see an offer after it, it's not a "I'll take it"...and there shouldn't be any random comments in that thread to begin with so I say we ban the "DNC" and all random comments in that thread and just put this all behind us. :p

ClayK

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
VA
i don't even know why it's used in the pif thread to be honest. Unless you see an offer after it, it's not a "i'll take it"...and there shouldn't be any random comments in that thread to begin with so i say we ban the "dnc" and all random comments in that thread and just put this all behind us. :p

^^
dnc

;)

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
HEY!! What's with the newbies answering questions! :pervy:

*DNC* (does not count)
Came about when we really had only one thread. There was a lot more socializing on the thread, because we didn't have all the other threads to comment, ask questions, post links, etc. Now that we are a whole sub-forum/social group (and the biggest on ECF, I believe) we have plenty of places to post and leave these 'off topic' comments and conversations.

Basically, it made it easier to browse through the thread, for those looking for the current offering, and not get bogged down in the other comments.

(if I"m not mistaken, Julie and/or Clumsy came up with it... someone correct me if I"m wrong)

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
Can a Accessories Supplier "PIF" trading juice and such and not product?
quoting Elendil
"Suppliers may participate in any thread with the exception of the PIF thread/DIY PIF thread/Deals n steals Thread."
I feel bad I if I can't go in there any more.... I'm a no site Supplier now, just 2 threads.....

Adrena, there don't seem to currently be any exceptions to the suppliers in PIF rule. I can do some asking and see what an actual ECF mod thinks about this question. Currently, no supplier is allowed to participate in the listed threads. I'll get back to you when I know if we can or can't make exceptions for accessories suppliers.

Adrena

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2011
Washington
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread