Status
Not open for further replies.

B94Cast

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2011
Littleton CO USA
Howdy
I must be doing some kind of stupid noob trick here - but I have went through about 5 atomizers this week. Granted, some were older - but a great one I had just on a trade died for no apparent reason other than me doing something that is probably obvious to the vets here.
I was happily vaping away on an ego battery - was fixin to try some sweet stuff, so took off the atomizer, blew it out, and put a napkin in it gently to absorb leftover juice. Put it back on the battery, added 3 drops, clicked - and nothing. :( Ohmed it out, and its at half a meg roughly - what did I do wrong? I know the atomizer was good - it was just working, and had been working all night. Right until I did whatever it was that i did.
Also - if anyone can suggest a US based place to get the 3ohm joye atomizers I would appreciate that - I need to buy some and get them quick - I have some cartomizers left, and only one atty - wasnt expecting my own ability to break stuff. :(
Thanks!
-S

Edit: if it is helpful, was at 4.5v a few hours earlier. Could that be a delayed effect?

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
I just pm'd you about this, but check the center pin on the atty, it might have gotten pushed up and now not making contact. Use your fingernail to move it back down a bit, see if it works again. :)

OH, and try Litecigusa.net for Joye attys and low shipping...they ship fast.

Last edited:

phoenixfire

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2011
Southeast Mo.
5,000 ohms = 1/2 meg. 1,000,000 ohm = 1 megohm . 1000 ohms = 1kilohms. sounds like the atty was on its way out and when you blew it out and used the paper towel on it, it was toast, :-( so sorry. At this range with a 3 ohm atty a precise reading doesn't really matter.

Just a little confused. 1/2 a meg would be 500 ohms?? mega=1000, if you could give me the precise reading it may help. And you say it was 4.5v before? What was 4.5v the ego? Or are you saying the atty was 4.5 ohms? Trying to wrap my head around your post to try and get you some answers.

B94Cast

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2011
Littleton CO USA
Howdy
Yes - half a meg would be 500,000 ohms, or 500K - so its not quite an open, but from the view of these devices it is an open.
I did have it as high as 4.5v on another device, but it was on an ego when it was working and then I did whatever to it to break it.
Well the only logical thing is that the napkin did something. It was working, napkin, then it wasnt. Just dont understand how a napkin would break it - but that is the only variable that cant be reasonably eliminated.
Thanks

rob5482

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
new york
Ah yes kilo=1000 mega 1,000,000:facepalm: You are right Phenix, that voltage on a 3ohm shouldn't matter but was a little confused being he said he was using an ego. Though maybe his pv was driving too much voltage.

More then likely, it was on its way out and your blowing into it dislodged something. The nico can be very temperamental sometimes, especially in used attys.

Only thing left I could recommend is try a hot water rinse followed by an alcohol bath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread