AsMODus Owners Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Gah I finally took a picture of my Asmodus "family" and I can't figure out Office 365 and HOW ON EARTH a WORD PROCESSOR and ETC became a subscription service BAFFLES me. I mean I have an account free for a year with this "computer" but I Hate It SO much.

Will have to get the kid to help me later.

Also if someone gets on here and tells me how "great" Office 365" is, because it can be constantly updated AND LIKE you can back your files up to the nebulous "cloud" I will not be happy.

I need a bigger, better laptop and the sad thing is the one I want was not that much more expensive in fact it may be less. I should not have run out and just bought something, I consider me dumb.

I am going to FISX that just as SOON as I can, I will have you know. Because I DESERVE what I want and it is not 365 and the dang CLOUD.

But not quite yet. Pampering the kid--expensive. Roofers-- expensive. LOL.

Anna

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Gah I finally took a picture of my Asmodus "family" and I can't figure out Office 365 and HOW ON EARTH a WORD PROCESSOR and ETC became a subscription service BAFFLES me. I mean I have an account free for a year with this "computer" but I Hate It SO much.

Will have to get the kid to help me later.

Also if someone gets on here and tells me how "great" Office 365" is, because it can be constantly updated AND LIKE you can back your files up to the nebulous "cloud" I will not be happy.

I need a bigger, better laptop and the sad thing is the one I want was not that much more expensive in fact it may be less. I should not have run out and just bought something, I consider me dumb.

I am going to FISX that just as SOON as I can, I will have you know. Because I DESERVE what I want and it is not 365 and the dang CLOUD.

But not quite yet. Pampering the kid--expensive. Roofers-- expensive. LOL.

Anna
I don't use Office or Excel so can't say anything about those. I used to some time ago. Now I use Pages, Numbers and Keynote on my Mac's. No subscriptions and they just work. I do run Windows on one of my Mac's just to stay "current" with that world and for a handful of apps.

I have some critical files backed up to the cloud in addition to a backup server (RAID 5) I have running in my basement. And because I like to be "safe" with data and backups I rotate out HD's from my server to my brothers house. I used to work with disaster recovery plans for large corporations so I brought that to the home.

As I recall the whole application "subscription" thing started with Adobe and their suite of products. Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator etc etc etc. I won't do subscription apps but I do have the full Adobe suite which was gifted to me a few years ago. Fun to play with but a designer I am NOT.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
I started using TC <TEMP> on my Colossal's a couple weeks ago and I am impressed. Super easy to setup. I don't know why I waited so long. o_O TC works very nicely on the Colossal. Especially when I compare asMODus TC to my dna mods and Evolv's TC implementation. asMODus is right there with Evolv IMO.
Awesome!!! :D

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I started using TC <TEMP> on my Colossal's a couple weeks ago and I am impressed. Super easy to setup. I don't know why I waited so long. o_O TC works very nicely on the Colossal. Especially when I compare asMODus TC to my dna mods and Evolv's TC implementation. asMODus is right there with Evolv IMO.

As @DeloresRose has said, it's kind of the most underrated chips out there.

I'd been pure wattage only when I got my Colossal. But I wanted a preheat in between the H and N settings. I then saw on Vaping with Vic's colossal review, how well the colossal worked in TC mode, and how impressed he was with the chip.

I went into TCR mode, and haven't used wattage since. With the watts set 3w higher than my usual 15w, I got the perfect preheat I was after :thumb:

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    BTW ;)

....jpg

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    I started using TC <TEMP> on my Colossal's a couple weeks ago and I am impressed. Super easy to setup. I don't know why I waited so long. o_O TC works very nicely on the Colossal. Especially when I compare asMODus TC to my DNA mods and Evolv's TC implementation. asMODus is right there with Evolv IMO.

That’s what I’ve been saying. The older AsMODus I have are maybe not quite as good as DNA, but honestly if nobody told me the newer ones weren’t dna, I’d never know, except I’d wonder why they got better battery life and the TCR alone is worth it, even with the Kodama price tags. That can be our little secret though. Those die hard DNA people don’t want to hear it, lol.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Temp mode works great and there is no way that I could tell the difference in a blindfold test between a DNA mod and an asMODus mod running TC.

I have a question on setting the TCR on the Colossal...

I was trying to set the TCR on one of my Colossal's and I cannot get it to step through each digit.

I want to set the TCR at 0.00140 where Daniel, DJLsb on his Colossal YT video, suggests setting it for best TC performance per his tests.

The TCR setting starts off at 0.00000 and when I swipe to the right it goes all the way to the last digit.
    When I swipe left, to go to the next digit to enter 4, it goes back to the first digit (leftmost) instead of the next digit.

Each time I try to step one digit, right or left, it goes to the furthest digit to the right or left. I tried swiping slower and it does the same thing. Even tried my pinkie.

All my Colossal's do the same thing. Certainly I am not doing something right.

So what am I missing or not doing correctly?

I also sent asMODus support an email asking them how to do this.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I am CRAKING. I have to ADMIT IT.

I don't understand all that polished beautiful stabwood around a plastic squeezy bottle. I mean, is there not ANYTHING to be done to make it look better??

Maybe that's why they are cheaper, like, I know it's probably because they are mechanical or whatever, but a big part of vaping is aesthetics too, and I just don't get it. I know you have to squeeze it and everything and I'm trying to think of something that would look better, and I can't.

Apologies to squonkers, I am not one. The other reason I sold my punk (other than it cut my hands) is that you could see the battery inside. Bleugh.

I don't like guts, apparently. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings but IDK, TINT the bottle? Maybe it winds up looking tinted with all the stabowood around it, I would have to see one in person I guess. But, that would mean buying one. Not gonna happen.

How do you make that WORK for you, squonkers? I am genuinely curious here, not trying to be insulting (I hope). :(

Anna

• Love
    Reactions: ShowMeTwice

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    Temp mode works great and there is no way that I could tell the difference in a blindfold test between a DNA mod and an asMODus mod running TC.

I was trying to set the TCR on one of my Colossal's and I cannot get it to step through each digit.

I want to set the TCR at 0.00140 where Daniel, DJLsb on his Colossal YT video, suggests setting it for best TC performance per his tests.

The TCR setting starts off at 0.00000 and when I swipe to the right it goes all the way to the last digit.
    When I swipe left, to go to the next digit to enter 4, it goes back to the first digit (leftmost) instead of the next digit.

Each time I try to step one digit, right or left, it goes to the furthest digit to the right or left. I tried swiping slower and it does the same thing. Even tried my pinkie.

I got mine to go one digit either way. Not sure what I’m doing differently.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA

Mine is working fine, go to the last digit display then swipe to the right and the adjustment should move to the left one digit , each swipe to the right should move you over 1 digit to the left and then make your adjustments.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    I got mine to go one digit either way. Not sure what I’m doing differently.
    Mine is working fine, go to the last digit display then swipe to the right and the adjustment should move to the left one digit , each swipe to the right should move you over 1 digit to the left and then make your adjustments.
    Mine will not move one digit at a time. It's all to the right or all to the left. o_O
    I've cleaned the display and my hands, several times. Everything WAS clean.
    Also tried it with a nitrile glove thinking perhaps I have misfit fingers. I don't.
    It flies from the leftmost digit to the rightmost digit and vice versa. :lol:
    All three Colossal's do the same and it doesn't matter which finger I try. Yes, I tried my middle one. ;)
    I am amused, though it doesn't take much to amuse me.

Phone call time...

So, I called asMODus and their solution is to swipe in the SAME direction. :confused:
    TCR default = 0.00000 --- so swipe right, the cursor goes all the way to the right.
    Swipe RIGHT again and it moves one digit to the LEFT. So on and so forth. That worked, fine.
    It works the other way too. Swipe LEFT to move the cursor to the RIGHT.

Not what I expected, or how yours work, but it works.

Also the tech said there is a bug in asMODus firmware and if a mod of their mods it is NOT hitting as expected under TCR mode, with your settings, to move ALL digits one place to the LEFT.

Also, also ... if one ever needs to RESET an asMODus mod to factory defaults (I asked how to do that too) plug the mod in to your 'puter and do a firmware update. He said it will likely flash the same vsn but it will reset any asMODus product back to default factory settings.

The asMODus tech was very nice and helpful.
    Tech support for a vape mod ... never in my life could I have imagined that. :lol:

My Colossal is now setup in TCR mode with a value of 0.00140. Perfect.
    I tried my other two and they work the same way, weird.

ETA: BigBob, I just reread your post and YES that is it. Duh, on me!!! Head slap.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    Mine will not move one digit at a time. It's all to the right or all to the left. o_O
    Also tried it with a nitrile glove thinking perhaps I have misfit fingers. I don't.
    All three Colossal's do the same and it doesn't matter which finger I try. Yes, I tried my middle one. ;)

Phone call time...

So, I called asMODus and their solution is to swipe in the SAME direction. :confused:
    TCR default = 0.00000 --- so swipe right, the cursor goes all the way to the right.
    Swipe RIGHT again and it moves one digit to the LEFT. So on and so forth. That worked, fine.

Also the tech said there is a bug in asMODus firmware and if a mod of their mods it is NOT hitting as expected under TCR mode, with your settings, to move ALL digits one place to the LEFT.

Also, also ... if one ever needs to RESET an asMODus mod to factory defaults (I asked how to do that too) plug the mod in to your 'puter and do a firmware update. He said it will likely flash the same vsn but it will reset any asMODus product back to default factory settings.

Tech support for a vape mod ... never in my life could I have imagined that. :lol:

ETA: BigBob, I just reread your post and YES that is it. Duh, on me!!! Head slap.

Glad you’ve got it figured out. AsMODus is very helpful. They’ve been very good to me, so I don’t mind buying their stuff. I’ve not had any issues with glitches. Good. Because I hate the thought of hooking my mods up to my ancient pc. Poor old thing.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand

Phone call time...

Congrats on getting it sorted :D It took me an hour the first time I set up TCR mode on my Colossal - got there in the end, through pure stubborness :lol:

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    That is stunning, and Luna the kitty approved :wub:

There was just recently a dog named Luna at a local shelter. I was so tempted, but no more dogs for me right now. And she was already 45lbs, too big for me.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    When the kid's dog he left with us dies I am gonna adopt another (probably adult) shelter dog, but it HAS to be house trained.

I really hate having to go outside to play with the dog but I ALSO hate having to clean up poop and pee, especially That Which is Not Mine.

LOL I got a ton of "I love you mom's" from the kid last night. When he says "bye" to shelter dog number one, I bet he cries. I BET you ANYTHING.

Anna

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread