Status
Not open for further replies.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Out of curiosity, how long have you had and used the NXT? Just wondering because I don't have one, and it does call to me.
And some of these "cheaper" devices do give up after a while.
I guess it failing after a reasonable use doesn't bug me as much as the auto firing which was mentioned in a few reviews. I had a mod which auto fired, and it was very disconcerting.

Figs

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2017
Granbury - Texas - USA
In my experience I have found that pods with auto draw, are prone to this issue. On my Caliburn and NXT, I have a brief ritual I’ve added to my nightly routine. I take the pod off, blow through the device (not the pod), and then leave the pod off overnight.

Often when doing this on the NXT there will be a gurgling sound as moisture is being displaced from the air intake channels. IMHO this moisture is what effects the auto draw switch. Keeping it as dry as possible keeps the switch functional.

Doing so, I have never had this problem. The NXT is by far my favorite vape as it delivers the strong hit I like, has large juice capacity, easy to charge and fill, and coils last a long time.

Figs

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2017
Granbury - Texas - USA
There are air holes on the top where the pod connects,at least on the Caliburn and NXT. I literally put the top of the base in my mouth and blow, this forces air through the channel and out the air hole(s) on the side. Thus pushing out any moisture. I leave the pod off at night to further dry it out, pop it on in the morning an go all day.

I know Its strange, but it’s the simplest way I know to keep the air channels clear. Over time moisture can build up and cause problems with the tiny switch inside that enables the draw activated function.

Hope I made it clearer, it’s odd describing this stuff sometimes.

Reactions: newyork13

Figs

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2017
Granbury - Texas - USA
It is the moisture that causes the switch malfunction, so no, I’m not worried about hurting the switch by removing the moisture.

I would also add that there is no guarantee with any draw activated mod that the switch will not malfunction. Mine could mess up today, but IMHO cleaning it out should better my odds. Had my NXT about 6 weeks now, vape 5ml a day through it, and no problems of any kind. Pushing 3 months on a Caliburn, and no problems.

This issue is really the same on any mod, not just pods or draw activated. If juice or excessive moisture get on the switch mechanism, there will be problems.

• Agree
Reactions: newyork13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread