Aspire Nautilus vs Kanger Aerotank Mega & Aerotank Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDaddyQ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Greenville, SC
wow im impressed so far with this nautilus got it yesterday its way better than my old pro tanks not quite as good as a rebuildable but its a good fill n go tank...kinda fragile looking do they make a metal tank section yet..?

Yes, they do indeed make steel replacement tanks for the Nautilus. You can look them up on ebay or several online vendors. There's even one ebay seller that has replacements with stainless steel and pc section that comes in different colors.

seek2

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2014
Chicago, IL
I mainly drip. Have a handful of rdas and mechs.

Do have an rsst, but not really a fan. Combination of always having wicking issues. And there has always been a certain harshness to it. I think its because all the vapor collects in that huge chamber. Kinda like a steamroller. Before I give it up for good, gonna try a silica build.

Also have a bunch of evods. And while I use them from time to time, flavor is terrible (muted, and I swear I taste a hint of plastic), and the amount of vapor I get is not satisfying. Although have been using them from time to time on a small ego to toss in my pocket when I don't want to carry a dripper. And sometimes want a lighter amount of vapor than my rdas give.

I was really excited when I heard about the aerotank mega and mini. I went for the mini. I had no interest in the mega at the time since I can never finish a full tank. So figured the smaller tank would be perfect. And the small size factor seemed nice too.

1) Flavor is amazing. Its right up there with my rda's, if not better since you get the pure flavor of that juice. when an rda there will always be some previous juice that sticks to the cotton. I was shocked to be honest.

2) Vapor production is very good. I get a very satisfying amount of vapor. Nothing like a sub ohm rda, but 10x thicker and tastier than an evod.

3) The bad. There is a ton of wasted space when filling it. On top of the fact it pumps out so much vapor that your juice goes quick. You will be filling the tank several times a day on the mini. Definitely not a deal breaker.

Running it on a evod vv battery which I ordered at the same time. No clue why kanger batteries are so long. So the other downside with the complete setup, is that I feel like I am holding a sword. My atomic rda and 4nine mech is 4.5 inches. The aerotank mini and 1000mah evod vv is just over 7.5 inches.

Another interesting thing is that I was wondering why the mini came with 1.5 ohm coils, and the mega 2.0 out of the box. I figure this is the reason....According to ohms law, and the fact that ego style batteries have a 2.5amp limit. With 1.5ohm coil, at 3.7 volts you are already pushing 2.46666 amps. So there is really point to go over 3.7 (although it *seems* jacking the voltage does give it a bit more kick). And being the mini is ego threaded, it was made with the idea that most will use an ego style battery. Probably going to pick up a 650mah battery to make it more pocket able depending how much I get from this battery. I don't mind carrying a bottle of juice, but definitely need a full day on battery.

Also hooked it up to a mech with a ego to 510 adapter and didn't notice much difference. But with a 1.5 ohm coil, along with the voltage drop from the adapter, the end wattage is probably identical.

Long story short. Great device, highly recommended. I have tried or owned almost every kanger product available. And this is the only one I can give 2 thumbs up. I am sure the mega on a nice vv/vw device would be very nice. If they came out with 1.0 coils, would pick one up for sure and run it on a mech. Hope the next version they find a way to be able to get the tank all the way filled.

EDIT:

I stand corrected. Looks like they will have 1.0ohm and .8 coils!

http://www.vapescores.com/kangertech-subohm-stock-coils/

And yeah, I know you can just rebuild your own. But seems like a total pain, and the whole point behind these, at least for me is to have a no nonsense setup.

Last edited:

Marble

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2014
London, UK, England
Nautilus everyday all day.. So good I have 3 of them, glass tanks and stainless.. You can't get a better tank for the money imho...

image.jpg

CRW78

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2013
San Antonio, TX, USA
I got my Nautilus 2 days ago and am actually contemplating another one so I can swap faster between 2 flavors! Great for mouth or lung hits, I've worked with different wattages on the VTR and air hole settings on the tank. Love it! I have a few other tanks as well; protank 3, protank 2, iclear 30s, and this Nautilus blows them all way out of the water.

Last edited:

nopoison

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2013
Columbus, OH
I've had the Mega for less than a week and its letting me down after a nice start. flooding and gurgling. I like having adjustable airflow to customize my vape, but not to have to play games trying to keep if from flooding and losing its abilty to vape correctly. I thought this would be better than the evods in that regard but im am so over flooding and gurgling and mouthpiece dribble! Vaping through the airhole with it upside down is giving me the best vape right now! :facepalm:
Watch

Last edited:

J_B_86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2013
QLD, Australia
My Mega worked ok for about 2 days and then starting leaking non stop out the airflow hole as well as spitting and gurgling in my mouth. Tried taking it apart and cleaning, tried both the 2 ohm coils that came with it as well as some replacement 1.5 ohm coils, tried putting it all together very tightly, tried putting it together loosely (but whilst still making a proper seal), never secured it to the battery too tight, always used it with the airflow fully open and tried different wattages. Even at 8w it is just hopeless for me, doesn't taste that great and it might work for half a tank and then just leak like crazy.

The heads are the ones with 1 big slot so maybe I just got a bad unit, I cant understand all the great reviews otherwise. Bought a Nautilus a bit over a week ago and am loving it, getting a nice vape at about 10w. Got a mini and some of the BVCs on the way and cant wait to try them out.

Last edited:

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
I love my Nautilus because it holds so much liquid. But I seem to burn out coils fairly quickly for some reason (at 8.5 W on a Cool Fire 1). I'm a heavy vaper and they don't seem to last more than a few days. I also love my Mini. It doesn't hold much juice, but it produces a bounty of flavorful vapor at 3.8 volts on a variety of lightweight vv iJoy and ego type devices which I can just slip into my shirt pocket. I don't like to have bulky things in my pockets. The coils last quite a bit longer than the Nautilus coils. I plan to order another Mini or two so I can keep a different flavor in my pocket when I'm out and about.

I'm tempted to buy a Mega, but tales of gurgling and leaking in this thread have given me pause. I'd be interested in hearing from others about this product.

Thanks!

nopoison

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2013
Columbus, OH
There's a lot of hoopla about the new Nautilus mini coils because they are totally different. They are single vertical coils configured somewhat like a cartomizer and youtube is showing lots of huge success with them. They are supposed to be 100% compatible with the full size Nautilus and thats the direction I would go next if I was you. Just my :2c: :)

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
i have all three and the best , by far, is the.....joyetech delta. better dsign, better capacity, better flavor, and heck, just plain better all around. get one and vape next to all those others and you will finally find out how good a pre-built coil/ tank can really be...the delta is the only one that realistically can be compared to a kayfun and such- for a lot less work. better coils make for a better vape and the delta has it...you can listen to everyone else(including me) argue which is the best or you can try them and make up your own mind. if you do that you will really find out why the delta is far superior...

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
But I am also not much of a Kanger fan.

I vape high VG and Kanger coils have been just awful. Ditto the aspire BDC coils.

i have all three and the best , by far, is the.....joyetech delta. better dsign, better capacity, better flavor, and heck, just plain better all around. get one and vape next to all those others and you will finally find out how good a pre-built coil/ tank can really be...the delta is the only one that realistically can be compared to a kayfun and such- for a lot less work. better coils make for a better vape and the delta has it...you can listen to everyone else(including me) argue which is the best or you can try them and make up your own mind. if you do that you will really find out why the delta is far superior...

I was wondering about them. The Deltas I mean.

Have you ever used the Joyetech CC clearomizer that came out right before the Delta? I may have to gie the Delta a try, I am a huge fan of joyetech products.

I completely gave up on the dual coil stuff like kanger protank 3.....is it my imagination or do these "newer" tanks seem to consume juice like there's no tomorrow? I've been vaping for 2 years, I DO know how much I vape, and I've never vaped more than 3-4ml a day. With these newer tanks it's turning into more like 6ml and even more!

Maybe it's all designed to get you to spend more.....the tanks themselves are becoming as expensive as some of the cheap mods.......

Last edited:

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
I vape high VG and Kanger coils have been just awful. Ditto the aspire BDC coils.

I was wondering about them. The Deltas I mean.

Have you ever used the Joyetech CC clearomizer that came out right before the Delta? I may have to gie the Delta a try, I am a huge fan of joyetech products.

I completely gave up on the dual coil stuff like kanger protank 3.....is it my imagination or do these "newer" tanks seem to consume juice like there's no tomorrow? I've been vaping for 2 years, I DO know how much I vape, and I've never vaped more than 3-4ml a day. With these newer tanks it's turning into more like 6ml and even more!

Maybe it's all designed to get you to spend more.....the tanks themselves are becoming as expensive as some of the cheap mods.......

i think the tank joyetech made before the delta was the cylo(?)...i loved the flavor that produced even though it was overly complicated, messy,and a real pita to refill and clean. but the flavor is still fantastic...
i have had the opportunity to use the delta for over a month now and it has become my adv without any hesitation. i have compared it to all the kanger tanks(except the giant) and the aspire nautilus(both regular and mini). i can easily say it produces the best tasting vapor of all the tank systems i have compared it to- in fact, i have found it is so easy to enjoy that i no longer bother with my rdas/rbas. my kayfun/russians are collecting dust because i can't be bothered to waste time fiddling with them anymore. granted it wasn't too difficult to maintain them but why bother at all when it is so easy to screw in a new coil , fill, and vape in a few seconds? depending on the liquid, vaping the delta from 12 to 24 watts produces some excellent flavor. it really takes advantage of the newer high powered mods that produce 30+ watts. yes, at those levels the batteries drain a little faster but the juice use , i have found, is a wash. it uses more juice but i actually vape less and actually put the mod down- with the other tanks i seem to never put them down and chain vape all day.
the closest thing to the delta in terms of flavor would be the nautilus mini with the bvc coil- i like the form factor but hate the mini in terms of use- it is impossible for me to re-fill the thing without needing some pliers. it is messy and a true pita with some decent flavor. YMMV
i vape for the taste and other factors, but the taste is always the top priority- the delta is the best right now for flavor- add in the ease of use, the nice capacity(6mm) and the fact that it can handle any juice being steel and glass, well, it is the best right now. even the air flow design is better than the kanger or aspire designs-a simple twist with a ring that stays put without trying to figure which hole is best. this can adjust to any point along the opening from tight to airy- no pre-set points just whatever you want. simple and effective solution to an often overlooked part of vaping- airflow is critical , especially at he higher watts.
as you can tell, i really like the delta- the only negative for me is the price of the coils. joyetech as always been higher than the others but the quality is there and really, it is still so much less than cigs. the coils do seem to last longer (for me and my 50/50 juice) than the kanger/aspire coils- i am still using the first coil after 4 weeks. try that with a kanger/aspire coil.....not!
try the delta at the correct power settings and you will not be disappointed....

I own both the Nautilus Mini with the BVC configuration and a Kanger Aerotank Mega Dual Coil. They are both exceptional tanks imo; however, that said, if you forced me to pick just one of them, I go with the Nautilus Mini w/BVC all day everyday and twice on Sundays. As Oldseer so aptly put it,

"Remember this when you think you're looking at a brand new product from Kanger... the mini or the mega...
Though they've put their coils inside a tank... have they REALLY changed anything???
you can enlarge AIR HOLES on the side all you want... but when the AIR goes in where does it travel too...
In the cases of the Mini and the MEGA if follows the same path as the old dual coils of the Kangers bdcs
right straight down!"

In my experience the Nautilus consistently produces a superior taste and a greater vape volume than the Kanger Dual Coil. Initially that probably seems a bit counter intuitive but Oldseer has nailed it on the head. The inefficiency of the Kanger dual coil config caps it's seemingly unlimited potential. Don't get me wrong, the Kanger is decent. I promise I'm not bashing it. It's well built. Nice and solid. It has a much greater 'drag' range than the Nautilus, even if all that extra air isn't doing a whole lot. Plenty of folks really like that they can dial the air-flow in just the way they like it... so it feels 'right' to them. The Kanger is a solid performer. Unfortunately, we're comparing it to what I believe is probably the best tank/clearo on the market right now. The Nautilus Mini/BVC may well be the best production (non-custom build) tank/clearo ever built... to date, anyway. Right out of the box it is 100% reliable and performs remarkably. I think that's why I've seen so many VERY experienced vapers with years of modding and building under their belts using the Nautilus Mini BVC as their daily driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread