Status
Not open for further replies.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I was never a smoker. it's 100% vg. no allergies. and my setup is a smpl mech mod with velocity rda with dual coil build each coil is .5 ohms. (sorry if that's the wrong terminology).
Robino gave you the same information i was about to give you. Yoy may consider switching to 60 or even 50% VG.

Welcome to the forum.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I was reading this thread waiting for someone to ask him what he was vaping. PG/VG ratio??? I know someone who had the same experience with using too much VG and switching to 100% PG fixed his issue. I think they are still experimenting with adding a little VG.
He stated, after I asked him (2nd post), that he is on 100% VG (3rd post). My response was to try different ratios to find what works for him (4th post). I also told him that my preference was 70/30 PG/VG (19th post) since he had concerns about PG being in antifreeze (6th post). And I set him straight on that fallacy (also in the 19th post).
;)

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
He stated, after I asked him (2nd post), that he is on 100% VG (3rd post). My response was to try different ratios to find what works for him (4th post). I also told him that my preference was 70/30 PG/VG (19th post) since he had concerns about PG being in antifreeze (6th post). And I set him straight on that fallacy (also in the 19th post).
;)
I was skimming thu and must have missed them. I'm seeing a lot of people who are Vaping but never smoked a day in their lives.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I was skimming thu and must have missed them. I'm seeing a lot of people who are Vaping but never smoked a day in their lives.
It's bound to happen as vaping is the new fad for younger people. Do we judge, as we have been judged and found lacking all our lives as smokers, or do we educate and try to make them safe?

I prefer to give them all the information and have them be safe, or as safe as we can.

The guy is an adult, it is his decision to make. Who are we to tell him what to do? We are fighting those that are trying to tell US what to do.

We have only one life, choose the way you want to live it. It is the individuals choice, after all.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
It's bound to happen as vaping is the new fad for younger people. Do we judge, as we have been judged and found lacking all our lives as smokers, or do we educate and try to make them safe?

I prefer to give them all the information and have them be safe, or as safe as we can.

The guy is an adult, it is his decision to make. Who are we to tell him what to do? We are fighting those that are trying to tell US what to do.

We have only one life, choose the way you want to live it. It is the individuals choice, after all.
I have no problems with non-smokers who start Vaping. I think it's great and I see a lot of young people get into vaping instead of smoking too. High school Kids too. I was dropping my Daughter off at school last week and saw a group of kids making a Ginormous clouds in the parking lot.

Reactions: Tommy-Chi

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Oh ok. So it ain't bad for me?

No, PG is not bad for you.
But using a mech without the necessary knowledge and experience is.
Worse yet for using a mech like the smpl which has no centerpin and centerpin insulator.

I wonder what kind of battery you are using,.

Sgt. Pepper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2011
Hi I'm new to vaping and I'm an athlete. I realized after I vaped I had a heavy feeling in my lungs and when I run I have a shorter breath before vaping. I'm scared and worried my breath won't come back to normal. Please help. Thanks

I've been vaping since 2008. I run 5 miles a day and even more in the summer... and have for years. Fortunately, I don't have that problem. It may be the juice you are using: flavoring, pg, or vg. You didn't mention how long you smoked, how much you smoked or how long you have been running. (Sorry, I didn't have time to read all of the responses) Because I am an x-smoker, my doctor has me have a chest x-ray every 2 years. If you aren't seeing a doctor, I would suggest seeking professional help.

p.s. I had time to read a few posts. What, you never smoked and you're vaping... and you're an "athlete?" If your athletic pursuits are that important to you, just stop vaping. Problem solved. Have a nice day. I'm gone.

Last edited:

Tivaliman

Apr 9, 2016
Hi I'm new to vaping and I'm an athlete. I realized after I vaped I had a heavy feeling in my lungs and when I run I have a shorter breath before vaping. I'm scared and worried my breath won't come back to normal. Please help. Thanks
Hey Devan, wassup?

Are you vaping before a run? I've seen some smokers even take a cigarette break, in between!? If you're juicing with a high nicotine levels, that might suggest an increas in heart rate . I'm no scientist. Maybe something else is causing stress, prior to excercise to lose be breathless

Tivaliman

Apr 9, 2016
Hey Devan, wassup?

Are you vaping before a run? I've seen some smokers even take a cigarette break, in between!? If you're juicing with a high nicotine levels, that might suggest an increas in heart rate . I'm no scientist. Maybe something else is causing stress, prior to excercise to lose be breathless
People who start smoking, usually look for all kinds of reasons to smoke another one . I bet this is the same case for non smokers who start vaping! Lol ... Why not. But yeah get use to it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread