Atomic Cinnacide for clearos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numanoid

Jan 12, 2010
MN
I've been vaping Cinnacide since before it was named Cinnacide in my 510, then ego. I just tried a Vision Clearomizer and was blown away with the vapor and flavor. Unfortunately it melted the plastic in the mouthpiece within a few days and rendered it useless within a week. I didn't experience any cracking of the tube, but the melting plastic mouthpiece was disconcerting enough.

I assume this is an oil based flavor and it's playing havoc with the plastic being used.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any solutions for me? Are there any plans on updating the recipe (or creating one less acidic?)

Happy vaping!

ninfreak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
burkesville, kentucky
it's not from being acidic....it is from being cinnamon. cinn is really rough on plastics...you can use a polpropolyne clearo with a metal drip tip and be fine. there is no way to circumvent this by changing the recipie cause there is no way to do so. bannana, pineapple, honeysuckle, some blueberries and many many other flavors will do this to plastics

Numanoid

Jan 12, 2010
MN
it's not from being acidic....it is from being cinnamon. cinn is really rough on plastics...you can use a polpropolyne clearo with a metal drip tip and be fine. there is no way to circumvent this by changing the recipie cause there is no way to do so. bannana, pineapple, honeysuckle, some blueberries and many many other flavors will do this to plastics

So I gathered from reading up around here. From the threads here it appears that the oils in the cinnamon are the cause (along with others as you mentioned, although I don't know if all of those are oil based.) Are there any water soluble cinnamon flavorings out there?

I did buy some steel tips which will fix the problem I'm having, but does anyone else have concerns about vaping something that is breaking down plastic? I've read (and can argue) both sides of the coin on this but I'm wondering if people are concerned at all.

TheBlueAdept

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
Northern California
I've participated in and read countless threads on this... I'm personally on the side of "if it's reactive to plastic, I probably don't want to vape it." Folks have pointed out that many substances act as a solvent, including good old water... I am halfway through switching to all pyrex tanks myself, and will later get some glass for long term storage (for the doublers and such), just to be on the safe side. The only flavor I vape that's on "the list" is blueberry, but I've had no problems with dekang or TV blueberry and smoktek tanks...

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
I'm hearing that people are having better luck with the newer non-polycarbonate plastic out there (with cinnamon and citrus, not with honeysuckle). If your clearo is made out of polycarbonate, maybe try switching to the newer style ones (e.g. "CE4+"). A metal drip tip is a great idea. I have no idea what the stock ones are made out of, but I bet it's something really cheap and dangerous.

I personally don't like the idea of vaping anything out of polycarbonate because of the BPA, and the fact that it's not very chemical resistant. I'd be more comfortable with polyethylene/polypropylene type stuff - at least they're food safe and are way more chemical resistant. SI has done away with polycarbonate and is about to come out with a 3ml 2.4Ω bottom-coil T2 type clearo and syringeless CE3s, but it's all 808 threading. But if Pyrex is an option, that's probably the best way to go.

Zaratoughda

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2011
NE Pennsylvania
I've experienced this same thing with a cinnamon based juice from another vendor on a vision clearo... the mouthpiece was kinda like melting. Got puffed up around the edges where the mouthpiece meets the silicone cap, as well as higher up on the mouthpiece, to the point where I was having problems getting the mouthpiece in and out. Got a file and filed it down so it goes back into the tube OK. When I did this the INSIDE ot the mouthpiece seemed OK, it was on the outside that had the problem.

I have AC but have not tried it on a vision but imagine I would have the same problem, like mentioned above.

Z

Zaratoughda

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2011
NE Pennsylvania
So I gathered from reading up around here. From the threads here it appears that the oils in the cinnamon are the cause (along with others as you mentioned, although I don't know if all of those are oil based.) Are there any water soluble cinnamon flavorings out there?

I did buy some steel tips which will fix the problem I'm having, but does anyone else have concerns about vaping something that is breaking down plastic? I've read (and can argue) both sides of the coin on this but I'm wondering if people are concerned at all.

Where did you get steel tips? That would be something worth looking into for me.

Thanks,

Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread