Atomic fireball/cinnacide concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.

AltrusianGrace

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2009
Va, usa
I started using atomic fireball with a joye 510 and loved it.
Recently I started using a kr808-1 as fiddling with the 510 was starting to annoy me.
The first problem I had was with discoloration of the mouth end of the cartomizer. This was with the version of the juice that was a dark reddish appearance. This wasnt as big of an issue when the new light yellow/orange formula came out.
The bigger issue is what it seems to do to soft plastic and filler.
I first noticed a problem with the endcap on the cartomizers getting softer, almost rubber-like. When I went to remove the endcap , the bobby pin I used to pull it out ripped through the cap from the center hole to the outside. When I pulled the cap out , the top of the cap separated from the part that snaps into the top of the cart.
I kind of chalked it up to cheap chinese parts, after all , these are meant to be displosable.
A couple of days ago I got a shipment of greencig carts from nhaler.
I really love the design on these. I vaped one down, pulled the plastic cart that holds the filler out and filled it with the new formulation of atomic fireball.
Vaped like a champ for most of a day, when it started tasting funny , I realized it was empty (you really can suck these greencig carts dry) I pulled it out to fill it and noticed the filler had pulled itself into the container about a quarter inch or so.
No prob I think, it just shrinks when its dry. Well, when I went to pull it out , the filler broke when I pulled it. It was as if it was crystallized almost. I had to pull it out in small chunks with tweezers, and it stuck to the sides of the container as well.
I replaced the filler with some blue foam and it is vaping nicely again.
I never had this problem with the 510, though I never let the filler get that dry as I did with the greencig cart.
Havent seen this with any other flavor from tastyvapor either, and I have tried the cafe maciatto, blueberry cheesecake and stone sour
I realize our lungs are different from plastics and there is probably nothing to worry about healthwise with this particular flavor vs any otherand I will finish off the bottle and a half I have left , but I dont think I will order this again. Which gives me a sad as this is one of my faves.
Wish I had pics , but the digital camera is broken.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
That's an interesting observation.

My wife vapes AF (ATC) in a 510 with a 901 whistle tip cartridge. The other day the center insert in the mouthpiece came out (which isn't really uncommon). But when it came out I noticed that it was "soft" and appeared to be chemically "melted". The rest of the cartridge was fine, leaving me to believe that the mouthpiece insert is made form a different plastic blend.

I've never seen this before on one of the 901 cartridges. I'm intrigued.

bornagainst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
Toronto, Canada
www.villagermt.com
I use A/C in my cartomizers, and I think the issue is the complex oil base that makes A/C so damn awesome.

It clogs up the cartos fast, and to be honest, isn't the most carto friendly juice. It's the only juice I have ever used that has actually KILLED a blank carto after one use.

It is SOOOOO tasty though.

I took apart the dead one, as well, i paid for a blank and was darn curious. It was a gummy mess.

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
I mix my AC with TVs tobacco so maybe thats why I havent found this to be an issue as yet (I also use a 510 and drip).
I looked around the net and found info on cinamon being;
a cold remedy
an antioxidant
something which may benefit type 2 diabetes
an anti-microbiatic (as in killing bad microbes)
a food additive
a food preservative
a bronchial irritant

but nothing so far about action on plastics. Perhaps I would need to be a chemist to understand the chemical properties of both better :)

AltrusianGrace

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2009
Va, usa
Yeah , I never had any issues with it in my 510 either.

But the 510 is made of hard plastic , so I guess it is not susceptible.

@bornagainst

Yeah, I've seen the same thing. Most of my cartos I can boil and reuse a couple of times but the ones that had the AF in them seem to shrink the wadding so it doesnt touch the outside wall until I fill it , and then it expands out again. I was hoping the greencig cartos would solve the problem. Well, I guess I'll see how the blue foam holds up in the greencig. If it works out maybe I'll keep vaping it. It is so very tasty.

If I get tired of it maybe it'll strip paint.

I just got a tornado (Amazing BTW) and I was vaping AC on it through one of my old white 510 attys. With the cone on you end up getting some weeping inside around around the atty.

The AC totally stripped about half the paint off the atty when I pulled the cone off at the end of the day! :shock:

Pretty strange I thought. I haven't used the tornado and cone with any other juice because I'm almost always using AC, but I'll have to try something else at some point and see if it does the same thing. ???

I have a standard 510 cart that I drilled out for dripping. No plastic issues and I've been vaping AC for about a month nonstop.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread