Not open for further replies.

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
Got my ego a few weeks ago and am loving it,,so far:rickroll:

bought some smok dual coil carto's..not impressed..i have not gotten very good hits at all from them
even with so much juice it gurgles on the inhale,,and it gets too hot with a burnt metal taste,,so i am not using them at all,,

i am only using VG juice,,pg does not agree with me at all !!!!

Only using the stock cartridge and atomizer that came with the ego starter kit and refilling about every 2 hours..

what are my options for different carto or ???:confused:

Papa Lazarou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2008
UK
Well there's quite a few. Firstly if you are using pure VG juice, for cartomizers it might need to be thinned to work well, depending on it's consistency. If it has a thick gloopy consistency, it probably won't wick very well and that's when you get burning. Distilled/deionised water or vodka can be used to thin liquids that are too thick.

A favourite that is still enjoyed by many is the Boge 510D cartomizer. It's available in low resistance and standard variants. The low resistance (2.0 ohm) type is hotter, and it's probably the more popular option for using with an eGo. Holds approx 1ml.

Another one that is quite popular is the Echo cartomizer. This is a bigger cartomizer, and is said to work very well. Holds around 2.3ml.

A new one available is the Kanger 510 horizontal coil cartomizer. These have proved very popular in the KR808D1 fitting, and more recently are available in a 510 fitting.

Healthcabin have helpfully made a pic showing these (and others) side by side which they put in this thread - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/healthcabin/219956-well-assorted-cartomizers-show.html

Another one that is getting good reviews at the moment is the Bud from Gotvapes.

This is far from a complete list, there are many more available, but these should all work reasonably well.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Great suggestions by Papa! [And I personally appreciate that picture from Healthcabin.]

I'll just add the Smok Tech 1.7 ohm Mega Single Coil. It is aptly nicknamed the "Resurrector" by Crystal Clear Vaping and ReJuvenator by SmokTek, because it brings new life to the 3.2V eGo (and is much more effective than the dual coil at that low voltage).

And I am in love with CigEasy's Elite 808 cartomizer. It is a Kr8-compatible, but works wonderfully on the eGo using an inexpensive 510-to-808/901 adapter (e.g., from Good Prophets). [NOTE: The eGo cone does not fit over this slightly wider carto.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread