Atomizer help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

modeezy

Apr 11, 2009
Denver, CO
Hello,
I've been reading these forums since I ordered my DSE901 on April 3rd. Haven't had much of a reason to post until now.

I ordered 2 starter kits, along with 4 extra atomizers from e-cigarette mart. I started on the atomizer's that came with the starter kits, but a few days in I decided to try one of the backup atomizers and it produced so much more vapor then both of the ones that came with the kit. Every part I received has SLB stamped on the brass connections. One thing I notice different is the ones that came with the starter kit have 2 small silver/gold dots on the side opposite of the air hole, while the other 4 do not. Other then that they all look identical.

Anyways, onto the issue. The first of the 4 backups died in 3 days. Using a multimeter I tested the battery connections to check if it was making a complete circuit. It wasn't and figured I had bad luck on this one. The second of the backup atomizers died in 8 days, after right changing the cart. Great vapor to nothing. Doesn't heat up, nothing I've tried will get it to heat up. Using a multimeter to test it, it does have a complete connection. I've tried using cola on it, lemon juice, today I resorted to boiling it. Still cold. Still going to chalk this one up as bad luck.

Now the remaining 2 atomizers I have both suffer from a different issue. Neither one wicks well. What I mean by this is, it will only draw liquid off the cart that is directly touching the filling. The rest of the cart goes unused. I have to constantly top it off. I switched back to the atomizer (2 gold dots) that came with my 901, and it pulls most all of the liquid from the cart by itself fine, but it produces significantly weaker vapor then the others. I thought maybe it could be a shorter atomizer bridge so I tried adding a thin layer of paper at the very bottom of the cart to give the wool a "booster chair" but even with the wool basically strapped to the steel mesh, it will only pull what its touching. If I drip it works great, but I like dealing with carts better. I've tried searching for an answer to this issue for the last couple days but I haven't found anything.

Any advice?

lachesis

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2009
NJ, USA
2 different kind of atomizers from same vendor? I know that 901s have cousins - or it could be a newer 901b atomizer.

I thought I lost my original atomizer, but it did revive last night after dipping in alcohol for about 20 min and drying. It was similar symptom as yours - stayed rather cold. I really don't have any answer for this - but try to moist the wicks as much as possible without flooding. For some reason, that revived my 901 atomizer after cleaning, and same thing happened with my 4081 atomizers too.

As per your the other ones... I had similar experience with my 801 carts. I changed my cartridge to a new one, and it also sorted itself out. I used to pull out the fillings often to re-fill - but I don't even do that anymore - just straight topping off. It does take little longer than re-filling, but I found fiddling with the filling sometimes decrease the performance... so try using a new cart, and hope it would sort out.

sMuCk_fOg

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2009
Lakewood,California - u$a
that I only put one drop in the cart,and three drops directly into the atomizer and it gives me everything I need ,
(great vapor,throat hit great taste.) I'm not a fan of these carts at all. drip,drip,drip! good luck.

P.S.

I've been using the same atomizers for well over a month without any problems period.

Last edited:

modeezy

Apr 11, 2009
Denver, CO
2 different kind of atomizers from same vendor? I know that 901s have cousins - or it could be a newer 901b atomizer.

I thought I lost my original atomizer, but it did revive last night after dipping in alcohol for about 20 min and drying. It was similar symptom as yours - stayed rather cold. I really don't have any answer for this - but try to moist the wicks as much as possible without flooding. For some reason, that revived my 901 atomizer after cleaning, and same thing happened with my 4081 atomizers too.

As per your the other ones... I had similar experience with my 801 carts. I changed my cartridge to a new one, and it also sorted itself out. I used to pull out the fillings often to re-fill - but I don't even do that anymore - just straight topping off. It does take little longer than re-filling, but I found fiddling with the filling sometimes decrease the performance... so try using a new cart, and hope it would sort out.

Thanks for the response. I tried using new fresh carts but same results. It will use the top like 10% of the cart and then just stop vaping. Works great as long as I drip, just won't wick well from the cart. The one I had that lasted 8 days pulled from every cart great, the 2 I have left look identical to it but neither one want to work well the carts. =/

RazorNribbonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Trapped within my imagination
hmm that is strange... Few things I'd probably do/try... Neither one of my ecigs wic all the juice in the cart...Every once in a while i will flip the filling upside down, my thought is at least the same juice isnt sitting at the bottom of the cart for days at a time lol...I also add at least a little VG to my liquid to make more, thicker vapor....You might also play with the filling a little , fluffing it up ect.. It might be too dense or the oppostie( there is a thread on here somewhere where a few had heated the end of a needle and pierced the bottom of their cart, they said it then wicked a lot more of the liquid- however, no matter how I tried I couldnt pierce the sucker with a needle so I tried a thumbtack lmao that worked really easily but left a major whole, which did not work lol)...

As long as your atty heats up a lil, dont throw it away..check back with it occasionally.. I've had one start working when I primed It a little more ( even though I had primed it, blown it out and primed it again before I parked it on the "wait shelve")...and another my passthru jump started...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread