The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Atomizer issue

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by SilverBraids, Mar 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. SilverBraids

SilverBraids Full Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2009
    Memphis TN
    Anyone else have an issues with an atomizer that kicked on and burned itself out? No kidding here I am at work, vaping away, when I notice my orange tip starts flashing and I'm not taking a drag. I hear a crackle crackle pop and now I get nothing from the atomizer... *Sigh* Looks like I'll be RMAing this thing and having to wait on SE in Florida to send me a new one... damnit...:mad:

2. Sun Vaporer

Sun Vaporer Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2009
    Florida
    What Device are you using? Sounds like the battery fired off its cleaning cyle and killed your atomizer---Sun

3. SilverBraids

Feb 20, 2009
    Memphis TN
    I'm using the SE Gold (3.0). I just got off the phone with them and they said I could send it back and they'd replace the atomizer. I hope it's not the battery...

4. Valgar

Valgar Full Member

Feb 7, 2009
    UK - England.
    Its the cleaning cycle. Best thing to do is quickly disconnect the battery as soon as it starts.

5. JustJulie

JustJulie CASAA Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 30, 2009
    Des Moines, IA
    Ummmm . . . I think the switch in your battery got stuck. Maybe I'm all wet, but I don't know how an atomizer can turn itself on. I mean, the switch is in the battery, right?

Personally, I'd be asking for a new battery, too. Switches sometimes get stuck, and there are ways of trying to unstick them, but if you've got a warranty, then I'd just get them to replace both the atomizer and the battery.

6. SilverBraids

Feb 20, 2009
    Memphis TN
    OK. I'll be sending pretty much everything but my spare battery and cords back because I told them I wanted new carts because they carts did not last the 20 cigarettes they advertised it would. Which after getting on here, I knew better... but hey... free carts to repack and restuff... yay!

7. ApOsTle51

ApOsTle51 Moved On ECF Veteran

Aug 29, 2008
    UK
    cleaning cycle...most auto e-cigs have it...you notice that tip flashing , remove your battery till it stops flashing.

it occurs at certain puff counts and its the battery that does the counting not the atomizer so if your cycling 2 or 3 batteries they're all gonna self clean at around the same time.

8. Apollotrigger

Apollotrigger Full Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Did you plug it in backwards? :evil:

Sorry, low blow, but I couldn't resist. I hope things get sorted out for you quick hun.

9. [Oak)))______)~~~

[Oak)))______)~~~ Full Member

Feb 20, 2009
    my atomizer/light does that sometimes too....

hi all noobie here bringin up my post count

10. SilverBraids

Feb 20, 2009
    Memphis TN
    You know... I could always leave a shopping cart or two at your door step... *Evil grin* a below the belt punch in return.

we'll see what happens when it happens. I may end up getting a new one, since I wanted to get the Old Lady started on vaping... Get like a 2fer deal somewhere... time to shop! Yay!...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.