Atomizer storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomochokes

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
USA
I purchase a couple of 801 atomizers that I'm hoping not to use anytime soon. Should I prime these with some juice before using if they have been sitting around for awhile or will they be okay the way they are primed from the factory? Any advise on best way to store these long term? I'm not sure if the factory primer dries out over time.

I don't want to burn one out when I do need to start using a new one but I also hear from a lot of you that you should not drip directly on the atomizer either. I just want to make sure I'm doing it right.

Thanks for your help!

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
I would try each atomizer when you receive them to make sure they are working. I made the mistake of storing several atomizers unused past the warranty period and was unable to get replacements.

It is fine to store the atomizers with the factory priming fluid. If you test them with smoking fluid, blow them out and drain them prior to storage. I would suggest keeping them in a plastic container with snap lid ot a ziploc-type baggie.

To use a new atomizer, drip a drop or two of smoking fluid on the bridge over the atomizer and insert a newly filled cartridge. Wait a few minutes for the juice to seep into the atomizer and mesh material around the atomizer. Start vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread