They're on their way and guess what...
e2e8de82.jpg
2.0Ω!

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Here's the link for the Mini 801s. They're not LR so I haven't tried them.

MINI-801

If you can get the same thing in the LR 2.0 version that would be fantastic!!! :D Of course 801 cartomizers would be cool too LOL I don't want much!!
Hehe done and done.
Wow, I haven't been to Vaprlife in awhile! They got some stuff going on over there. The Vyper sure is sexy....

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
If you cut a standard 801 down you won't be able to use any kind of tip. The body of the 801 is tapered. Cutting off the top will leave the opening too big for a cart or drip tip to fit into.

Yep, that's what I found out last year, after I cut one off in the lathe. Took 20mm off the length; now the tip just rattles around in it and it's too short to tailpipe (which I never liked to do anyway).

Thought of making a bushing for the hard tip mouthpiece but never got around to it.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
WOW WOW WOW You are soooooo good! But everybody already knows that :) Thank you!!!

I almost got the Lady Vyper, but got the Chameleon instead and I'm really happy I did!!
:blush: Thank you Wway! Really happy you did too!!!All of Jesso's work is brilliant and elegantly designed.I have a Vp2! :laugh: it was my goto all time fave device, The Led was just awesome!

When do you think you'll get 'em in Isaac? and will it be only the LR version?
Hey Switcher!
Typically it takes about 2 days for Slb to give us a tracking # once they do it takes approx 2-3 days to get here, so we're still looking atleast a we ek for them. The first set will be in 2.0 and if the run is successful, we'll step it up a few notches

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey
Now that I was able to calm down from excitement and start thinking clearly again, I'm wondering something else. Since these short atties will be for dripping only, is it necessary for them to have a bridge and a wick above the coil? Also, wouldn't that bring production costs down due to less material and labor? Just curious.

Edit/Add on: Any chance that the black bottom ring could be made in silver/chrome color to match the color of the atty (like on BE112)? I may be the only person who cares about this stuff but it's worth asking.

Last edited:

keon718nyc

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Hey Iken, Any idea when the 2.0LR 901's are going to be back in stock? man i hope its not too long becouse a bunch of friends i turned onto them and i need around 10. I hope you can keep these in stock longer then they were. I want to keep these going with new people trying them out when they really love them~ Any help appriciated!

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Now that I was able to calm down from excitement and start thinking clearly again, I'm wondering something else. Since these short atties will be for dripping only, is it necessary for them to have a bridge and a wick above the coil? Also, wouldn't that bring production costs down due to less material and labor? Just curious.

Edit/Add on: Any chance that the black bottom ring could be made in silver/chrome color to match the color of the atty (like on BE112)? I may be the only person who cares about this stuff but it's worth asking.
You are definitely not alone Vman. I can't modify the current order because they already started production and if i mention a word of modifying, they'll cease production and start anew without question and we can't have that! I'll definitely ask about the bottoms. As for removing the bridge and wick. Can you link me to where this trend started? I'm curious on giving it a try and maybe if all is well take it to the next level.

Hey Iken, Any idea when the 2.0LR 901's are going to be back in stock? man i hope its not too long becouse a bunch of friends i turned onto them and i need around 10. I hope you can keep these in stock longer then they were. I want to keep these going with new people trying them out when they really love them~ Any help appriciated!

Hey Keon,
Yes sir, just a few more days should do it for that order. Thats great to hear!! Thanks buddy! I want to work on a system where the prices will be reduced by their respective quantity's. We can't go too low because $7.99 for an atom is a Great price as it is! :laugh:

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
You are definitely not alone Vman. I can't modify the current order because they already started production and if i mention a word of modifying, they'll cease production and start anew without question and we can't have that! I'll definitely ask about the bottoms. As for removing the bridge and wick. Can you link me to where this trend started? I'm curious on giving it a try and maybe if all is well take it to the next level.

It is really not necessary IMHO. It started off as cure to the burnt taste some folks where getting when they allowed their atty to run too dry. The wick would burn and once it was burnt would give off a burnt taste.

The rationale was if we are dripping why drip on the bridge and not directly on the atty? It does make a certain amount of sense, but... there are draw backs. We have moved away from what ecigs once were, and have come to find out that our modified vaping habits no longer permit the use of our equipment as originally designed:

• Originally liquids were PG based, they wicked and flowed well with design batting, under moderate use. Some folks vape like chimneys, e cigs were not designed for that. Some will argue well let's make the equipment perform so we can. That argument has some merit, but OTOH did you smoke a cigarette in the same fashion some vape? The answer is no, or you would wind up with what we called a "heater" and we all remember those when sharing a cigarette. I would often give up on that cig;
  • If vaped properly, a couple of toots, a minute or 2 pause, a couple more toots etc... a standard 510 with stock liquid and batting performs well. The wick will not burn nor will the batting, until it is vaped dry. An average person can vape 10-20 hits once a cart is empty. During this time the atty is not being cooled and overheating will occur naturally. The wick and cart filler may and will often fail, to include but not limited to the PTB mod, where one can immediatly notice when the PTB has been exposed to excessive heat.;
  • Then we come to find that VG increases vapor production, and started to add this to our liquids. In the process we changed the original viscosity of the liquid. This new liquid did not flow as well, with stock filling, which led to pre-mature burning of the wicks (providing the burnt taste) and cart filler;
  • Carts were modified to accomodate this e.g the BFM, which when appropriately sized would hold the liquid in suspension while allowing it to wick freely. I do personally do not like the BFM, and found it more of a pain than what it is worth;
  • What was never done, was to reduced the viscosity of the VG to accomodate the increase in vapour production. VG cut at a rate of 4/1 renders a liquid that has pretty much the same viscosity as PG based liquids, which in turns flows and wick well with standard cart materials, without any vapour production loss. I use the HighPing modified cart plug. I tried many cart mods, but prefer this one and use it solely. This one holds the liquid in proper suspension, delivers it to the atty adequately and the cart can be vaped dry. Knowing when to top off is important. Once you get use to it, I immediatly know when my cart is no longer flowing;
  • The HP cart mod can be varied (qty used) to accommodate VG based liquids, to a certain extent;
  • Because of all this fuss, folks started dripping. Dripping was not without it's draw backs. Less viscous liquids would leak (using too much) or the atty was vaped to dry. We started to use heavily viscous liquids to compensate for leakage at a cost to flavour. When flavour was loss, we dripped more etc... flooding the atty. Firing an atty is a flooded state is just as bad as firing one in a dry state and both lead to premature atty failures, AAMOF it is my learned opinon more so when flooded that dry;
  • I used to say to folks who complained about flooding. If you flood you are either driping too much or not vaping enough;
  • High VG concentrated liquids do not provide as much wetness perse and IMHO leads to pre-mature atty failure;
So is all this necessary? IMO NO! Learning how to properly vape and drip is more important than some quirky innecessary modification to our shortfalls. Use your equipment right, for it's application and it will render trouble free vaping. Personally, it is getting very difficult to be able to find exactly what I am looking for, as previously discussed, many vendors do not indicate where there stuff comes from.

I know wher to get my reg 510 attys. I now know where to get my SLBs. I know where to get my 510 cartos etc... Do I know need to know where to get 'em without wicks and bridges? No! They are already out there, they are called low bridge attys. And...

... if that is not doing it for folks, then maybe folks need to learn how to properly vape. :toast:

Edit: Taking 8-10 second hits off a LR atty is not vaping responsibly! Neither is taking 5-6 sec hits at HV without pulsing the switch.

Last edited:

WitchWay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Texas

I remove the ring, but if I was to leave it on, I agree, Silver to match the atty would be so much better. The black is just not right.

Please DO NOT make attys with the bridge removed. I tried it and it was horrible at least to me. People that want it out can take it out, but you can't put one in if it's not there.

snipped for space, see post above

Very well put! I am probably one of the worst people for wanting something to work the way I want it to work, instead of learning to use it the way it was meant to be used, but you are right in what you are saying. The longer I vape and the more I ruin attys and burn cartos, the more I go back to the way I should vape. If I had good habits from the start I wouldn't have gone through so many attys and cartos.

Happy Vaping!!

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I remove the ring, but if I was to leave it on, I agree, Silver to match the atty would be so much better. The black is just not right.

Please DO NOT make attys with the bridge removed. I tried it and it was horrible at least to me. People that want it out can take it out, but you can't put one in if it's not there.
Absolutely! +1

I like the idea of the 801 minis. I do not do 801s in public because of size. A Chameleon fitted with an 801, draws too much attention. It goes nice with a "stick" though, which I use for stealth applications in public, vaping straight PG based liquids as VG lingers too long (comment from my better half)

WitchWay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
Absolutely! +1

I like the idea of the 801 minis. I do not do 801s in public because of size. A Chameleon fitted with an 801, draws too much attention. It goes nice with a "stick" though, which I use for stealth applications in public, vaping straight PG based liquids as VG lingers too long (comment from my better half)

I don't ever take the penstyle out in public. I use the LPV1 with a carto for that. I am totally excited about the mini 801s at 2.0 ohm though! My Chameleon might just get to go out in public with one on :) I've run a 302 or 801 on the Chameleon for so long that the size is normal to me. The other day I decided to change things up and put a 306 atty on the Chameleon. That thing looked so itty bitty after having the 801 on there it was funny. I kept picking it up and missing my mouth :lol:

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey
Perhaps I should explain reasons for my previous suggestions.

From what I understand, the bridge above the coil in the atty does two things: #1. It protects the filler material in the cart from reaching the coil and being burned by it and #2. It enables the liquid from the cart to get down to the atty. Since that is the extent of it's functionality, it seems that it is not a necessary component for those who drip exclusively.

Of course, it is absolutely necessary to have the bridge in the atty if using carts and all atties are designed with that in mind, however, we are talking about a "new" atty which has been created/modified and should be used only by those who drip exclusively and should never be purchased or used by those who prefer using carts anyways. I agree with Switched that many people vape in excess and abuse their atties but this would not be "some quirky innecessary modification to our shortfalls" since those who don't know how to vape and/or drip properly will not be affected by this design no matter what. Those who haven't mastered the art of vaping and dripping will keep on flooding their atties or letting them get too dry regardless of the bridge and its presence.

If there is some technical reason why the bridge needs to be there even for those who don't use carts, if atties with a bridge perform better for some reason even for those who only drip, please let me know. If not, why pay more money to intentionally add a component that doesn't need to be there. The bridge has to be placed it the atty by something or someone and there is a cost associated with that process. One could speculate that the cost per atty could go down if it was less labor intensive.

I understand that there are many people who like their atties just the way they are. But I also know that many people take the bridge out of their brand new atty before they ever use it. Since Isaac is in the rebuilding-atty-from-ground-up mode, I just thought he should consider it and make his decision after researching all the reasons on why or why not.

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey

Sorry WWay, I missed this earlier. What didn't you like about the atty once the bridge was removed? Was there an actual change in the way it performed? Thanks.

WitchWay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
Sorry WWay, I missed this earlier. What didn't you like about the atty once the bridge was removed? Was there an actual change in the way it performed? Thanks.

It's hard to explain and it's a personal preference, there are a lot of people that swear by it. I think Thy does it and likes it. It just seemed more harsh to me. The juice didn't always seem totally vaporized and it changed the flavor. There was more vapor over all, but it just didn't feel or taste right. I did a couple different brands of 510s and a 801 and a 302. It wasn't for me. Once it's out you can't put it back in. I believe it started when there was a rash of 510s that the material on the bridge was burning and I'm sure removing it made it better in that regard.

The shorter tube on the mini will give warmer vapor as is also. Ok just my :2c: YMMV give it a try :)

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
I don't ever take the penstyle out in public. I use the LPV1 with a carto for that. I am totally excited about the mini 801s at 2.0 ohm though! My Chameleon might just get to go out in public with one on :) I've run a 302 or 801 on the Chameleon for so long that the size is normal to me. The other day I decided to change things up and put a 306 atty on the Chameleon. That thing looked so itty bitty after having the 801 on there it was funny. I kept picking it up and missing my mouth :lol:

Now that I'm figuring out how much foam to stuff into an 801 cart, I'll definitely be taking this thing out in public! I just stuffed my first cart with foam today. Had to trim it down a little from my first attempt, but its working well now. I still have a little fine tuning to do, but once done, the LR801 could very easily be my std setup. Foam filler is looking like the answer for me.

But if I were a dripper, those shorty LR801s would be the cat's meow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread