Atomizer's with the Wetbox????

Status
Not open for further replies.

smilin0117

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2010
Northwood OH (NW OH)
Have the 510...wondering if anyone has tried an atomizer with it. I though I saw a thread on it, but after searching I cant seem to find anything.

Just got it, tried it this am for the first time with the carto....not to sure i like it. Seems to always give me that dried out/burnt taste. Maybe i'm just not preparing it right.

Everyone seems to love the wetbox...I want to too...lol. HELP

coolone1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2009
Spring, TX
Ya need to fill the carto as a usual carto before starting and then squeeze every 5 or 6 toots.

I have also found that topping it off once in a while if you vape heavy also helps. I love my WetBox. I also give it a couple of squeezes with out vaping to let the filler soak up the juice.

ACM

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
These are all good tips for using cartomizers, but the initial question remains unanswered. Can you use a 510 atomizer with a Wetbox? One thread on this forum says "Missy has approved 510 atomizers for the Wetbox" in one sentence and "Use at your own risk" in another. That's confusing.

The fact is, cartomizers are OK, but they don't last. I usually get 2 days out of one (last night I got 3 hours before it barely produced any vapor) but my experience with atomizers and other e-cigs has been MUCH better. Usually a month or more before they die.

So while I like my Wetbox, I would prefer not to use cartos with it, if possible. Can anyone clarify Missy's stance that atomizers are fine to use but at the same time not so fine?

ACM

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
I think the tube is supposedly short enough to clear the atty, but when I looked around on other forums, I found that tube length is inconsistent. Some are too long to fit, and others are too short to adequately wet the atty bridge.

Some bottom fed mods, like the Ail'i, are designed to work with atomizers. I would think the Wetbox should work, too. One potential issue I read about is that the use of atomizers leads to more juice leaking onto, and shorting out, the switch.

All I know is that cartomizers (at least the ones I bought from Nhaler) kind of stink, for me anyway. I like the idea of them, but the short lifespan is frustrating. I bought the Wetbox for convenience, so I did not need to carry lots of supplies with me. But after only a few hours of use, I find that I get greatly reduced vapor and little throat hit, so I need to carry a few cartos around with me every day. No big deal, but when you're really dying for a cigarette, you need the Wetbox to really work.

Zurd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Montréal
This is a cool idea. Thanks for posting. My only problem is that the needle on my Wetbox is considerably shorter than the one on yours, Smokie. What's up with that? I'm not so sure this would work with my Wetbox.

There's 2 kind of needle for the wetbox, one for the cartomizer and one for the atomizer, I have both because I've had a 510 needle ship to me by mistake, it's a little bit shorter than the cartomizer needle. Now if I could just buy a 510-901 adapter and a 901 atomizer I could try this. Lately I received new cartomizers after months of using the same ones and now I can taste the burn taste in them after only a week of use :(

ACM

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
There's 2 kind of needle for the wetbox, one for the cartomizer and one for the atomizer, I have both because I've had a 510 needle ship to me by mistake, it's a little bit shorter than the cartomizer needle. Now if I could just buy a 510-901 adapter and a 901 atomizer I could try this. Lately I received new cartomizers after months of using the same ones and now I can taste the burn taste in them after only a week of use :(

One thing I've been lucky about is the lack of that burn taste. Once in awhile I kind of get it, but I flood the carto and it goes away.

How can I be sure which needle I have? Is there a measurement for each kind posted somewhere? I'm assuming mine is for cartos, since I am not having any problems getting juice into my cartos. But if I have the wrong one, and I should have a longer needle, my performance might not be a good as it "should" be.

Zurd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Montréal
How can I be sure which needle I have? Is there a measurement for each kind posted somewhere? I'm assuming mine is for cartos, since I am not having any problems getting juice into my cartos. But if I have the wrong one, and I should have a longer needle, my performance might not be a good as it "should" be.

Here's a very bad quality picture taken with my very bad digital camera.

Attachments

• IMAG0010.jpg
    IMAG0010.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 45

ACM

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
What they need to do is supply you with both size tubes, I mean how much could they be

I totally agree. The profit margin on these Wetboxes is high and customer confidence is low. A nice compliment of useful accessories would do a lot for public perception, not to mention that it would be the right thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread