Attack of the Hana Modz Clone. Let's wait together!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thepinfamily

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Virginia
I emailed eciggity and asked the specifics of their ship times. They had a date of May 4th listed as the ship date of the Hanna mod. This is the response I received.(very quickly I might add)

Hello, they said they will ship it to us on May 4th so we just added a few extra days in case of any mixups or delays.

They have now moved the ship date on their site to May 12th. I hope no one expected these on may 4th and 5th like these sites are promising. It's all about the verbiage and the verbiage tells me they are expecting china to ship them on May 4th or 5th. Couple weeks for shipping to the US, couple days for testing and packaging and a couple days in the hands of usps. I believe if there in NO hold up anywhere you will see these around June 1st. That's a big ole bummer. I'll have to wait till I return from my trip. I ordered a vaporshark dna 30 so maybe ill still have one before my trip.

HazMatt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Columbia, TN, USA
I pre-ordered a no logo blue from 101vape on 4-14. This is my first pre-order and I am a little nervous. It is my second most expensive piece of vape gear so far, most expensive is a R91.

I was looking to upgrade from my Vamo and SiD to a DNA30 device and almost put myself on the waiting list for a Litt Up mod. Then, Vapor Joe posted about three sites doing pre-orders and my dreams were answered. Well almost. It still has to be assembled, hopefully tested, shipped, etc. Biting my nails in anticipation.

Last edited:

QuikWgn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2010
SnoCo Washington
www.youtube.com
If anyone's really into waiting, vape street has a preorder for the gi2 open

Got in on that even before the Attack of the Clones! I can wait til June/July for one of those.

Your VAPE STREET | Artesia CA | Las Vegas NV
order receipt from April 5, 2014
Order: #3570
GI2 by Grand Innovation 2nd batch preorder
Color: Black

:evil:

Last edited:

lot17ss

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Columbus,Ohio Usa
I emailed eciggity and asked the specifics of their ship times. They had a date of May 4th listed as the ship date of the Hanna mod. This is the response I received.(very quickly I might add)

Hello, they said they will ship it to us on May 4th so we just added a few extra days in case of any mixups or delays.

They have now moved the ship date on their site to May 12th. I hope no one expected these on may 4th and 5th like these sites are promising. It's all about the verbiage and the verbiage tells me they are expecting china to ship them on May 4th or 5th. Couple weeks for shipping to the US, couple days for testing and packaging and a couple days in the hands of usps. I believe if there in NO hold up anywhere you will see these around June 1st. That's a big ole bummer. I'll have to wait till I return from my trip. I ordered a vaporshark dna 30 so maybe ill still have one before my trip.

Exactly

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

lot17ss

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Columbus,Ohio Usa

devilchasnme

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2014
detroit
Im very. Skeptical. How do we know that chip is not ripped out of a Hana? Since it's all soldered and everything?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I have no reason to not trust ......... I believe it's been determined (by others) that these will be Cloupor products and he shows the no-logo mod boxes. He may be monitoring this and other threads on ecf and elsewhere so he got a pic from his source. And again, I never heard anyone knock ......... But that's for others to comment on.

spk99

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2014
The B-Lo
Hi all,

I'm NOT looking to start a debate or insult anyone... Just an fyi.

Recreating a "chip" like a DNA 30 is not remotely difficult.

It regulates a battery, increases/ decreases power, and puts out a display. This is very basic engineering.

It's quality is another question, however these are being mass produced. So, likely done by a combination of robotic tech and humans. Both of which produce a ton of electronics. The result will be consistent. China builds the world's most advanced electronics. Whatever you're reading this on right now as a matter of fact.

I don't get why people think Hana did something so special. They machine an aluminum box, add a DNA they bought, add a couple wires and buttons they bought from China and... That's it. The fact they can't put out enough is either lack of desire or ineptitude.

The person who created the DNA 30 used undergraduate level knowledge and had probably created many boards since or moved on to other things and hadn't thought about this basic thing s/he created.

This isn't proprietary knowledge, lol. It's not stealth technology, it's a freaking simple chip and does something quite basic.

Let's have some perspective.

For those that don't like clones, I hope you have enough perspective to know that's what a free market creates.

If you don't like a free market, that's cool, but that's not capitalism or democracy. Hell I wish we had socialized medicine, so I'm not getting all stars and bars, just saying.

Last edited:

devilchasnme

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2014
detroit
HII'm NOT looking to start a debate or insult anyone... Just an fyi.

Naw, It's all cool... This is just excited people (me included) waiting for their pre-ordered mods with some speculation on whats-what. But there was some earlier discussion about the actual DNA30 board.

Fathomrock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2011
Costa Mesa ca
All I can say is wow! This thread took off quite nicely! I'm very pleased to know that what little we do know about the clone is all good news! This is exactly why this thread was created! And before we know it we will be vaping @ 30 watts with a smile on our faces knowing we paid so little relative to the authentic retail or eBay pricing!

Steakjuice

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Toronto, ON Canada
Hi all,

I'm NOT looking to start a debate or insult anyone... Just an fyi.

Recreating a "chip" like a DNA 30 is not remotely difficult.

It regulates a battery, increases/ decreases power, and puts out a display. This is very basic engineering.

It's quality is another question, however these are being mass produced. So, likely done by a combination of robotic tech and humans. Both of which produce a ton of electronics. The result will be consistent. China builds the world's most advanced electronics. Whatever you're reading this on right now as a matter of fact.

I don't get why people think Hana did something so special. They machine an aluminum box, add a DNA they bought, add a couple wires and buttons they bought from China and... That's it. The fact they can't put out enough is either lack of desire or ineptitude.

The person who created the DNA 30 used undergraduate level knowledge and had probably created many boards since or moved on to other things and hadn't thought about this basic thing s/he created.

This isn't proprietary knowledge, lol. It's not stealth technology, it's a freaking simple chip and does something quite basic.

Let's have some perspective.

For those that don't like clones, I hope you have enough perspective to know that's what a free market creates.

If you don't like a free market, that's cool, but that's not capitalism or democracy. Hell I wish we had socialized medicine, so I'm not getting all stars and bars, just saying.
This is what I suspected, but never had the background to know for sure.

devilchasnme

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2014
detroit

onebadtwo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
Jacksonville FL
you guys got me in trouble, but thanks anyways ;) illvapes order 1011
now to source some batts and try to forget about the wait

I've got a pair of VTC5's coming just for my Clone... And a couple drippers... And a new mech... I really need to stop visiting the local vape meets and this forum!

NAHhhh... Just kidding!!!

Im still saving money and feeling like a million bucks!
Curt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread