Attack of the Hana Modz Clone. Let's wait together!

Status
Not open for further replies.

truskme

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2013
cali
10320387_719026008136087_6982979103073937060_n.jpg

posted by vapor teck

looks like the dimensions according to the paper is
LENGTH 1.94'
WIDTH 1'
HEIGHT 3.43'

the exact same as the authentic... suspect?

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Good point that I over looked lol, I saw voltage drop and with the hotcig dna20 clone situation I was jumping to conclusions, I'm all screwed up now because I have a buck boost chip haha. However I accepted your challenge cause it made me curious, I get a .5 volt drop at .2 ohms at 30 watts and a .1v drop at .3 ohms at 30 watts on the sx350. I cant check a genuine dna30 for a few days until I have another mod completed because I sold both my personal dna20/30 and am now using this exclusively, great chip just wish it had power up/down buttons.
Quite respectable figures. Is this referenced against the battery voltage or the chips setting? Inline meter?

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
On the missing reverse battery protection:
I agree that it needs it, we are dealing with Murphy's Law here. On my Taifun mod the positive contact on the PCB is recessed requiring a nipple top to connect to it. I had to buy a couple of batteries but that's some pretty cheap insurance compared with frying the board.

rudedog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2014
toledo ohio
#1237 here, looks like the 3rd round blew up (I imagine there are orders for other things too though, but willing to bet it's a majority of clone orders). I ordered pretty much as soon as the 3rd round came back. I'm sure they'll get them out quickly though, this is a highly anticipated item. How many do you think they can mail out in a day?

order #1066...and I was in 3rd round.

Gunner83

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2012
US
Nobody has actually attached a meter or an oscilloscope to this device, how do we know what wattage it's actually firing at?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I would like to see this as well. Just out of curiosity. I mean, as far as what I've seen so far, I will be happy with the mod either way.

kurtus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Nanaimo, BC
Quite respectable figures. Is this referenced against the battery voltage or the chips setting? Inline meter?
This was just pertaining to voltage loss at the 510 with an inline meter and I double checked with my true RMS greenlee meter to verify at my rsst posts. Voltage drop at the batteries is minimal as well but my mod uses dual 18650 batts, I think it was showing around .3v underload but I will have to double check if what the screen is showing is correct on that figure.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
In elev8's video we see the Cana modz firing a .3ohm coil with about 3.4-3.5 volts. This equates to about 40 watts.

So both the voltage readout and the ohms readout appear to be off.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

The voltage is right in the range it should be as the device has reached it's amps limit.

Last edited:

mbliffert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2014
Ocean Springs, MS
The voltage is right in the range it should be as the device has reached it's limits.

Are you saying the device can't regulate voltage lower than 3.4-3.5 resulting in the increased wattage?

Or are you saying it has reached its limit of 30 watts? In the video it is pushing much more than 30 watts.

I'd be interested in seeing the Cana fire a 1ohm coil throughout its wattage range just to see its accuracy.

While I'm happy it can even fire down to .3ohms, I'd like to see it do more in the way of accurate regulation. Having to verify settings with an ohm meter and a volt meter to really see what is happening takes away from the appeal of a variable wattage device in the first place.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Are you saying the device can't regulate voltage lower than 3.4-3.5 resulting in the increased wattage?

Or are you saying it has reached its limit of 30 watts? In the video it is pushing much more than 30 watts.

I'd be interested in seeing the Cana fire a 1ohm coil throughout its wattage range just to see its accuracy.

While I'm happy it can even fire down to .3ohms, I'd like to see it do more in the way of accurate regulation. Having to verify settings with an ohm meter and a volt meter to really see what is happening takes away from the appeal of a variable wattage device in the first place.

More in the area of amp limit.
I am concerned about the device not getting the ohm readings right as this is how the chip decides how much voltage to supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread