Attack of the (Kayfun Mini V3) Clones!

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
This is the drip tip mouthpiece I'm currently using on my KF Mini V3s. Because otherwise the regular SS kayfun drip tips just run too warm for comfortable chain vaping. This makes a big difference, as I can run at higher watts, with a higher top temp limit in TC mode, than I otherwise would be able to - and yet do so more comfortably. On the other hand, this drip tip (of which I have several of the same exact one, from FT) fits a little looser (only one o-ring), and sits taller in the tank, than I would prefer. There are very few alternate drip tips that'll fit a KF Mini V3, and also work well (at least for this purpose), so this setup is not bad. I just wish it was more perfect. A lower profile drip tip that fit tighter would look nicer, yet also allow for easier screwing off of the top fill cap. With the one pictured below, I have to pop the drip tip out every time I refill, then unscrew the top cap - which is much harder to grip well without that really tight fitting KF drip tip in there to grab onto. On the other hand, the heat insulating characteristics of the below drip tip are really nice, as is the feel between my lips - though visually the setup certainly does look more awkward than I'd prefer.

KF Mini V3 Mouthpiece.JPG

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
Does anyone have either whole Eleaf GS Air, MS, GS (TC) tanks, or bases for those they would like to
trade for a like new KF Mini V3, the nice original branded model? Used for only one fill. The tank is perfectly fine, I just decided to go with the Airs I already had. My SlowTech receipt is for $16 for it.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Reactions: David Wolf

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
I been thinking about getting an ego one battery since that has a 19mm diameter.. Might look nice and fit good on the kayfun mini with a steel tank. I was curious any of you guys know where to get ego one batteries for a good price, or any other batteries u know about that are 19mm?
If you'll find the current Ego One with CLR coils thread, it the past few pages someone took a pic of an Ego one with a KF Mini V3 on it.

[EDIT] About 3/4 down the page.
eGo ONE tank series – CLR coil
Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Reactions: David Wolf

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
Anyone know where I can purchase screws for the kayfun 3 mini? It is a tobeco brand I purchased from vapenw. The screws rusted. I'm disappointed since I thought tank screws are not suppose to rust.

If you just do an online search for Kayfun Mini V3 parts (or parts kit, or replacement parts kit) you should get a couple of hits. What you will typically find are replacement parts kits (both genuine and clone) that include the various sized o-rings, and the screws you need.

I don't know if genuine parts kit screws would fit your device, but I think they probably would. You won't normally find just the screws by themselves. They usually come in a parts kit of some kind.

I know you can get those kits from FastTech and 3FVape, but they are also available more quickly from some domestic suppliers - ones that also usually sell genuine Kayfuns. The kits are not expensive. Maybe $10 with S&H if purchased from a US supplier.

Reactions: Katdarling

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
I been thinking about getting an ego one battery since that has a 19mm diameter.. Might look nice and fit good on the kayfun mini with a steel tank. I was curious any of you guys know where to get ego one batteries for a good price, or any other batteries u know about that are 19mm?

If you'll find the current Ego One with CLR coils thread, it the past few pages someone took a pic of an Ego one with a KF Mini V3 on it.

[EDIT] About 3/4 down the page.
eGo ONE tank series – CLR coil
Bruce in Ocala, Fl

I just saw this, and wanted to say that I bought a couple of Joyetech eGo One CT Batteries - 1100mAh, 19mm width (despite my current moratorium on non-replaceable batteries) because they are on sale for half-price at heavengifts. At least they show up as half-price when I put them in my cart; I don't know if it's global. Anyway, I couldn't resist for ~$10, so I ordered a couple to use with my KFM 3s for the size factor. Just ordered, so I can't say how well they work. But the height listed is just 62mm.

Reactions: Sunray

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Reactions: Katdarling

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
I finally received a 5-pack of POM 510 drip tips from FT that are actually a pretty good replacement for my SS Kayfun Mini V3 clone drip tips. They are SKU#5552800, for the $5.77 5-pack (though they can be bought individually as well, for $1.71). They are a very close size match, other than having a very slightly wider inner bore (by maybe 1mm at the most). They fit fairly tight, but not quite as tight as the SS drip tips that came with my clones. They fit well enough that they allow me to easily unscrew the top cap for refilling without the drip tip popping out on me, yet provide a bit more heat insulation - which is what I was looking for. I only wish they were a touch taller and thicker (slightly tighter inner bore) for my own needs, but I'm pretty satisfied with them just the way they are. The below image is a little blurry and dirty, which I apologize for, but I just wanted to quickly show how the drip tip looks on the Kayfun Mini V3.

Resized KM V3 FT 510 Drip Tip 5552800.jpg

Attachments

• KM V3 FT 510 Drip Tip 5552800.JPG
    KM V3 FT 510 Drip Tip 5552800.JPG
    537.4 KB · Views: 30

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
Back to KF Mini V3 drip tips, briefly (I swear!)...

These also look to be good options from FT that should fit:
SKU 4396200, SKU 4943807, SKU 5223300 and SKU 5223303.

Heck, I think I will order some of each one of these because I'm still only so-so on what I've tried so far.

Hey, what can I say, when you are chain TC MTL vaping on a Kayfin Mini V3 - it helps to have a better drip tip.

Finding good MTL ones that actually fit can be a problem, but I'm working on it!

Reactions: aikanae1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread