Status
Not open for further replies.

LilyBear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Western NY
I have been a TW customer in the past (love the YOYO sales) but at this time I believe that will cease. I have also recommended them to others ........ Though I do not frequent UKV and do not have an account there I do have a VF one and was able to do a LOT of reading over there today. I am very disappointed in all of this. Though I cannot compare the two situations this bears a striking similarity to the 2009 incident and just because I cannot see the UKV threads does not mean I cannot see what Jason has to say here, VF or on his own "message board". I am just going to leave it at "disappointed" because if I express an OPINION at this point I might also be opening myself up to "litigation" based on my OPINION (and I dont wanna make classy have to clean up after me LOL). My opinions in the past did not hurt your bizz they helped it because I felt i got decent service and product at a nice price...........I passed those words on to others........ they also bought products! *Sigh* I understand the UK might have different laws and things I do not know about but in the USA we have a constitution people have fought to protect not just in 1776 but since then (yes i understand that this is not a USA board and others are here also)! There is a freedom of speech clause in it that yes has a couple of stipulations but says we have freedom of speech, though I do understand this is a message board that has other rules above and beyond that, so I will not spout my feelings all over it and make the mods here have to clean up after me. Jason your responses to this though seem eerily similar to the 2009 VF responses and it has been several years. This is also not the same incident and they seem too close for comfort. I do not believe these kinds of things help though the overall cause of keeping vaping safe and legal in any way shape or form they bring way too much negative attention to it IMO.
Makes me sad to even type this out honestly because if this was over the bus thing I had understood that to be a JOKE. But again I cannot see what set this off so I will reserve comment on that.

So no bashing no reviews nothing other than "disappointed" and hopeful that people can have their space back to express themselves.

dogsofwar

Jan 7, 2012
UK
Wow i just went over to vapers forum and someone posted this screenshot:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...om/topic/26281-very-important-totally-wicked/

Important bit:

“I want no part in your community, neither does my company and to that end i wish no products to be reviewed, talked about in a good or bad light.
In fact my request is total blackout on your forum regarding anything to do with TW.”

If that's the case he has lost a customer for life. Totally Wicked my ..... This company is living up to it's name.

Last edited by a moderator:

Toby

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2008
York UK
www.ivapour.co.uk
UKV should be afraid because this person has way more money than they do and the threat of legal suit when you do not have money to defend yourself, can cause problems for the owners of the Site.

Jackie (who owns the UKV forum) is not wealthy money-wise.

She created the forum out of love and pride of the alternative way of smoking that we all love and respect.

None of the moderators are paid.

There are is no paid advertising (just a vendor's announcements sub-forum, not paid for).

i.e. what she and they are doing is purely a service to the community.

So what does that make the perpetrator, I wonder... ?

I can think of many; but simply can't find all the words to describe... :(

Mac

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
All up in your grill..
brummyjon said:
My turn to ask you to explain. What does 'that band from the NIB CD's name' mean? :p The Bullring was a market in Birmingham which had a lot of interesting shops, and the fruit and veg market was there too. Then they demolished it, and replaced it by a huge shopping centre (for Americans, this should translate as 'a really tiny mall') and they put a sculpture of a Bull outside. I think he has a name. But I can't remember what it is. Does the band from the NIB CD's name make reference to the bullring? And to Brummies?
There was a Black Sabbath tribute CD released in the 90's called Nativity In Black. The rendition of the song entitled "The Wizard" was performed by "Bullring Brummies" A metal super group featuring 2 members of Black Sabbath and with the singer from Judas Preist on vocals. The band existed only to do that one song and boy is it epic:

damselle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2012
New England
Well, since ukv has closed since the OP. i am in the dark about how an incident on a bus involving a smoking bag lead to a vendor threatening to sue a forum, as though that could even happen, and how said forum could close while decided on how to move forward.

I think several members have already asked for clarification and have not received a response, so I won't ask again. It does seem like a bunch of craziness, and it's difficult to make sense of.

I had never heard of TW before this, and knowing what I do now, wouldn't do business with them.

I hope ukv will come to their senses soon, as other, really wonderful vendors, have been impeded by their decision to close.

VapingRulz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Florida
I think it's someone who "falls in line" with the accepted paradigm... I've been trying to decode the meaning behind what he's banging on about and I think what he's trying to say is that we are all blind sheep, doing as we are told by the accepted reality-tunnel we are fed by the media, politicians and others in positions of power...

IE. We are told something. We listen. We believe. We act.

I won't pretend to understand exactly what's going on with the UK forum but I will say that the US is full of these so-called "sequentials" aka sheeple. These are the people who insist that vapor and smoke are the same thing, vaping and smoking will both kill you, ecigs blow up all the time, yadda-yadda-yadda... because they heard it on the news or from a neighbor or whatever. I feel sometimes like I live amongst the Borg.

inter_ceptor00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Minor Details
I won't pretend to understand exactly what's going on with the UK forum but I will say that the US is full of these so-called "sequentials" aka sheeple. These are the people who insist that vapor and smoke are the same thing, vaping and smoking will both kill you, ecigs blow up all the time, yadda-yadda-yadda... because they heard it on the news or from a neighbor or whatever. I feel sometimes like I live amongst the Borg.
you just described a full 1/3rd of the planet's population at least.

Bahiaboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2011
London/Alicante
Just tried to add this Pillbox Guy to my ignore list

It comes up with this "Sorry pillbox38 is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her."

????????????????????????????????????????'

Added by classwife : All Forum Suppliers have moderating abilities in their forums.

purplefowler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
UK
Well, since ukv has closed since the OP. i am in the dark about how an incident on a bus involving a smoking bag lead to a vendor threatening to sue a forum, as though that could even happen, and how said forum could close while decided on how to move forward.

I think several members have already asked for clarification and have not received a response, so I won't ask again. It does seem like a bunch of craziness, and it's difficult to make sense of. .

Basically after the m6 motorway incident a spoof video went up by pillbox pretending to be the guilty vaper basically promoting totally wicked. A member of ukv posted it on the forum with one sentances saying it was on YouTube and the like and dislike buttons had been disabled. The neat reply was an out and out personal attack on the op, followed by an equally personal attack on the forum as a whole. Shortly after it became apparent that there was more going on with talk of nwa, reptillians, and various other end times conspiracies. Half the forum thought he was mad, many others were genuinely concerned about him. The personal attacks continued, both sides came out fighting. The next thing we know, legal action is threatened and the forum closed. I hope that helps clear things up.
I would like to reiterate, totally wicked had equally good and bad coverage on the forum-as does every product and company in the vaping world. You will never please everybody all the time, but equally there were some very happy totally wicked customers (I had counted myself in that group as without them I probably wouldn't have found vaping). There has never been any deliberate hate towards any one vender (as far as I have seen).
This is the story as I see it, but there are always more sides-our truth, his truth and somewhere in the middle is THE truth.

Last edited:

VapeMeStoopid

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
USUK
Well I am saddened to see UKV closed because someone has a little bit of money.

Some reading was brought to my attention and I think I can understand why JC might lose his head for a little while or a long while.

And the twists and turns in THAT reading alone, can lead to a large amount of conspiracy theories.

It was a witches cauldron waiting to bubble over. I think JC's problem needs to be with DV and ECITA ONLY though and that the moderator on UKV who is linked to ECITA, needs to no longer be a MOD. This then eliminates the tie between the DV/TW/ECITA drama. And UKV can happily reopen :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread