Attack on UK vapers by TW

Status
Not open for further replies.

plastik

Verified Member
May 29, 2012
Ottawa
Can someone please tell me how someone can send a C&D because they don't like how their products were being reviewed? I don't think it could possibly happen in the US or Canada, but I'm unfamilliar with UK laws.

Or am I missing some type of "bigger picture" here? Admittedly I just heard about this today.

Edit: I should have been more clear. Of course anyone can send a C&D at anytime, but with current UK laws, are you compelled to comply?

Last edited:

Bahiaboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2011
London/Alicante
Disarstar>>>What comes first...Principles or fear people will not buy from me? Answer always has been and always will be my principles.

simple really, i aint a sequential follower. Not suggesting you are. However i would prefer bankruptcy than hand my power away and be harangued. As my company was persistently and consistently by UKV..And the agenda was not pleasant see my forum thread here to see it.

Ukvapers down

Blatant set up that one new Poster lol

Boadacia!

Verified Member
Disarstar>>>What comes first...Principles or fear people will not buy from me? Answer always has been and always will be my principles.

simple really, i aint a sequential follower. Not suggesting you are. However i would prefer bankruptcy than hand my power away and be harangued. As my company was persistently and consistently by UKV..And the agenda was not pleasant see my forum thread here to see it.

Ukvapers down

I don't remember all and everyone dissing TW products on UKV? You can't please all the people all the time, but then you must know this.

If there's truth in your ECITA inference, I'm sure it'll soon come out in the wash, now, eh?

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
Please note the following two points:

1. Insulting other members is not allowed here (unless they are a politician or pharmaceutical corporation executive, in which case we might grant a special exception). I regret that you will need to restrain yourselves or take your dispute elsewhere.

2. Negative reviews of e-cigarette products cannot be placed anywhere on the forum except within the Reviews section - where you can post them as much as you like, since the vendor can freely respond (which they may not do here, for example, as our rules prevent them from doing so).

We will need to remove insults and product-related comments that invite a response from vendors.

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
I feel like a ping pong ball,,,,,,,,,,

I was GOING to say to Pillbox,,,,

DUDE,,,,,,,why don't you just tell us in simple English what HAPPENED and stop insulting people??? Asha is right,,,,,,you're in pain which is why you have flown off the handle,,,,,,I get it. I can understand it. But insulting everyone doesn't make us want to hear you! Most of us don't even understand what happened!

Bahiaboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2011
London/Alicante
I feel like a ping pong ball,,,,,,,,,,

I was GOING to say to Pillbox,,,,

DUDE,,,,,,,why don't you just tell us in simple English what HAPPENED and stop insulting people??? Asha is right,,,,,,you're in pain which is why you have flown off the handle,,,,,,I get it. I can understand it. But insulting everyone doesn't make us want to hear you! Most of us don't even understand what happened!

Seems hard to attempt to get to the bottom of this one but from what I have read there seems to be some sort of Dispute/Gripe between a UK Vendor and some sort of UK ECIG regulatory group ECTAS or something similar (never heard of them myself)
For some unknown reason it has escalated to this current state of Affairs ??

I really dont think a single person on this Forum actually gives a Jot about any UK ECIG organisation ............................... whatever the Vendors issue he /she need to take it up with them !!!!!!!!!

But then again I could be Totally Wrong

Last edited:

asha23

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
London
Pho lots of conjecture on what being insane entails. I seem not to get voices in my head. But do you? If so what do they say?

Might be interesting for you to analyse them, along with the Wigan chap who seems to be looking to meet for a fight. That use to happen at my school, we were 9 maybe 10, then we grew out of it. Is he insane?

Apostle for 4 years parades around as Jesus...Is he insane? Lots of potential insanity around it would appear.

The only voice I seem to have in my head at the moment is yours. It's really messing with my Chi. So please be quiet.

Jixchel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
Indiana
You know have to wonder how many are viewing his products and possibly buying due to this, if this is some kind of don't buy his stuff campaign wouldn't it be easier to just not generate any publicity what so ever? I have this companies tornado ego-c, bought from a vendor that is a few blocks away from me. If it hadn't been for that product I'd have gone back to smoking. I only use the batteries now, and soon those too will be for backup only since I am going to the Reo, but I digress..... wouldn't the best course of action simply be to stop talking about it completely to avoid any kind of publicity.

asha23

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
London
I don't remember all and everyone dissing TW products on UKV? You can't please all the people all the time, but then you must know this.

If there's truth in your ECITA inference, I'm sure it'll soon come out in the wash, now, eh?

Nobody was. We were all just bemused at the odd, out of context rantings and insults.

dogsofwar

Jan 7, 2012
UK
Seems hard to attempt to get to the bottom of this one but from what I have read there seems to be some sort of Dispute/Gripe between a UK Vendor and some sort of UK ECIG regulatory group ECTAS or something similar (never heard of them myself)
For some unknown reason it has escalated to this current state of Affairs ??

I really dont think a single person on this Forum actually gives a Jot about any UK ECIG organisation ............................... whatever the Vendors issue he /she need to take it up with them !!!!!!!!!

That'll be ECITA, they're trying to stop the UK government and I think the EU from banning e-cigs or introducing heavy regulation. They're also responsible for maintaining and setting standards across the e-cig industry in the uk. they can actually string a coherent, intellectual argument for e-cigs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread