Attempting DIY...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dzlady

ECF Veteran
I have been having a heck of a time finding a good vanilla juice (except one that wants $10/10ml) and thought maybe I would give a hand at DIY. I have purchased Lorann flavorings that I want to try but having trouble finding PG. I ordered some online and some pg nic juice (high mg) but I would like to be able to find some locally. Any Ideas? I went to Walmart and couldnt find any pg. I have been told pg is best for my ego-t no less than 70%, and pg is fine with me, so I am not concerned about vg (which I did find at wally world).

Having trouble though, also finding vanilla flavoring..other than extract, which I have been told isnt what I need. Can someone help a virgin DIY'er?

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Several vendors that sell unflavored nic also sell PG. Here's a link for Box Elder:

Box Elder Chemical Supply

MyFreedomSmokes also sells PG.

Vanilla is truly the elusive flavor that many many of us have spent months trying to get right, and yes, vanilla extract will probably be too weak to make a good juice. For a long time most people thought the best vanilla flavor was Capella's Vanilla Custard flavor, but recently there has been a legitimate concern about certain flavor components called "custard notes" which could potentially cause lung damage. The most famous example of this is diacetyl butter flavor which has been removed from virtually all US based flavors. But other compounds in this family can also cause problems, so...

I recommend Perfumer's Apprentice:

Perfumers Apprentice - Chocolate & Vanilla Flavors

Specifically the Vanilla Swirl, but also the vanillin crystals 10% in PG, and her other vanillas. Here is my current vanilla flavoring, a continual work in progress (this is the flavoring only):

50% PA Vanilla Swirl
20% PA vanillin crystals 10% in PG
20% Lorann Bavarian Cream
10% PA Bavarian Cream

I then make a juice with 10% this flavoring. The vanilla swirl on its own is quite good, very light and airy vanilla. The other flavors in this add more creamy weight and sweetness. PA flavorings are very inexpensive. Get a bunch and have a ball making juices!

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
I went to the Box Elder site, using the link provided here. What is Levonic?

Levonic is their nicotine base. I get it at 48mg in PG, and cut it with an equal amount of VG to make a 50/50 24mg. It doesn't smell, and it has a clean feel to it. Fantastic base, I strayed from Box Elder once and regretted it. Won't make that mistake again, Levonic is it for me.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
The name levonic is short for levo-rotatory nicotine, also known as l-nicotine, the naturally occurring form of nicotine, and the one we want. And davelog is right, Box Elder nic is the least smell and underlying taste in any nic I have bought. It also, even at high nic levels, has very little nose tingle or peppery effect. Consequently it has the least TH of any nic I've used for DIY.

I also agree that you can use water for thinning. That's what I do too. I don't use PG (dries me out too much), instead I add about 10-15% water, depending on the % of flavor I use.

If your farm supply PG is USP, and its cheap, go with that. USP is USP with PG. PG is synthetic...there is no vegetable PG.

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
I went to the Box Elder site, using the link provided here. What is Levonic? As for the pg that they list...I did contact my feed store that I deal with and their 1 gal. PG is soooo much cheaper than that.

Box Elder is only cheep when they put stuff on sale, other then that it is rediculously expensive. Even when their nic is on sale, its still waaay above a lot of others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread