The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Attention-vape vendors

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomizer Systems' started by madstabber, Mar 7, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. madstabber

madstabber Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

When I’m looking to buy a rebuildable atomizer, the most important thing to see is the DECK. So when you have pictures on your product page please include some good shots of the deck from multiple angles and close up please. It drives me nuts when I’m looking at these atomizers and I only see a side shot, from a distance, of the deck. I want to see it from up top and the side, close up so I can even see what type of heads are on the screws. I don’t like having to go to several different sites to see this information. So please vendors, help a brother out.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Letitia

Letitia Therion/Nano Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Amen!

• Like Like x 4
  3. Just Me

Just Me Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 4, 2010
    Agreed!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. catilley1092

catilley1092 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 3, 2013
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    I like these pics also, there's nothing worse than getting what looks to be a great RBA, then come to find out, not all is the land of milk & honey.:)

Since most vendors (on or away from ECF) doesn't have a 100% satisfaction guarantee, defective replacement only & more expense incurred by return shipping, any RBA's that ends up as sour deals are usually thrown to the side or given to someone who can deal with these.

That's why I now review most all of my equipment on 3rd party sites, to include YouTube video builds, then fairly much know what I'm getting for my money.:)

Cat

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I love it when they write 'click for larger photo' and that photo is the same size, lol.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. madstabber

madstabber Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Whoa you get the same size photo!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    When I click I’d swear the pictures are actually smaller. I am looking on my phone though. It’s a 6+ but still. I’m thinking I need to buy a 72” monitor so I can see what’s going on with these decks. Oh well, it’s good to see I’m not the only one thinking this though, it seemed so stupid that they did this I thought maybe something was wrong with me. Maybe they’ll read this and get better photos up. A guy can dream

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I almost always end up going to the manufacturers site.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. catilley1092

catilley1092 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 3, 2013
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Yeah, me too! Sometimes smaller than the original, as madstabber mentioned above & I don't have a smartphone, looking on a 4K 28" monitor & have to inflate the pic by adjusting the browser's zoom option. The downside to that is that the pic then becomes blurry the more the zoom is expanded.

I'll always go the OEM site, as r77r7r stated above, one will often get the detailed tech specs of the RBA, just not enough pics every time. Most times yes, always, no. If the OEM knows a large percentage of consumers are leaving negative reviews/feedback with 3rd party re-sellers (or their own) over the same design flaw, that pic will be conveniently 'left out'. They want the (potential) customer to see the RBA the way they do, perfect engineering & design. Nothing more. From a business standpoint, I can understand this, on the other hand, one bad purchase from an OEM may well overshadow several good ones, especially if the customer isn't locked into one brand for everything. Being honest with with pics from every angle will likely bring that same customer back to try another RBA in the future, we're more likely to chalk it up as us not doing our homework.

That's again another reason why when I'm considering these products, will check out several sites, in particular those that reviews the RBA & at least a couple of YouTube video builds by those of high reputation. The unbiased ones (those I prefer) tend to point out the good, bad & ugly of every RBA (or other hardware) on the market. Through the University of Hard Knocks, learned that seeing a couple of detailed builds & live reviews before purchase is a 'must do' before impulsively whipping out the plastic to purchase.:)

Cat

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    All great points, but yes, I have learned a certain amount of investigation is usually in order (here, and on YT) before I make that buy... anymore. Learned the hard way, I think, but fortunately with some speed... :)

Anna

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.