Atty bad taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

captiancd89

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Boston, MA
I agree with Cash. It sounds like you don't have enough liquid in the atty. Did you prime both atties? What kind of atties are you using?

I just dropped 8 drops in the stock atty that comes with the v3 took a 2 second drag and felt like throwing up, its tastes like burnt gross crap.

fmx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2010
Seattle, WA

BrockJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2009
Dallas, Texas
When they're new they have a fluid in them (Primer). You have to get rid of that before using them or put up with the taste. If you see the glow it's not wet.
8 drops doesn't matter if it's on the side of the element...

You should start with a lower voltage until you get use to dripping.

Has nothing to do with the fact that it's a V3.
There's a learning curve to dripping...

Are the batteries CR123's (3.7v) or 16340's (4.2v)? If you're hitting it with 8.4v they're gonna get really hot unless they are HV attys...

buGG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2009
brush²
sounds like you flooded it, then overheated it by making it work harder and longer at a higher voltage....and then pop. maybe practice a bit on 3.7V before you jump back in the ring with 6. if you have a 17670 battery for your v3, maybe try dripping two to three drops and vaping until the taste turns just slightly, if it's cool enough, repeat the process. the bad taste was probably "primer" at first, but compounded with excess liquid at high voltage in an atty being overstressed will amount to a pretty bad taste as well...then...it dies.

Twinkie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2009
I'm going to join in and say that I think you're doing it wrong. Just like I was doing it wrong earlier in the week. :)

I'm not sure what, exactly. If you've got a full cart on your atty, it probably is okay if you added a few drops beforehand. If you don't have one already, I'd try a higher-quality atty, or consider a switch to a cartomizer.

Are you trying a new flavor, maybe? One thing I've noticed in particular with the V3 is that 6V definitely can change a flavor. I'm a Johnson Creek fan, and it made Valencia taste like a Creamsicle. The same flavor in the very same cartomizer tasted like orange all-purpose cleaner on my eGo. Tennessee Cured loses some flavor at 6V, but gets incredibly harsh (which I love). Conversely, Max Ultimate from VaporBomb tasted like honey cured tobacco in my eGo, and tastes like honey flavored roadkill in the V3 @ 6V.

My guess is that part of it is just improper preparation, and part of it is expectations being different from what's possible.

FrogHat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
Virginia
I will throw this out there.

Sometimes when an atty acts up and I can't get rid of the burnt taste, there is a fiber that got loose and is just in that bad place and makes everything taste like doodoo.

I have to find that loose fiber/filler and pull it out with some tweezers or something.

Just something to think about in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread