Status
Not open for further replies.

Akya2120

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
Olympia, Washington
I searched but couldn't find the answers I'm looking for.

So what's the advantages and disadvantages of the different types of atomizers?

I started using the 510. Should I switch to something different?

I am thinking about getting a Buzz. I was going to get it with a 510 connection from notcigs. Anyone want to change my mind? So far I like vaping just VG cause I like vape clouds more than throat hit.

OaklandCA

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
OaklandCA
The Low Resistance (LR) atomizers mimic the effect of a higher voltage (if you have a big battery like an ego or riva) the connector style (510) is less important than the resistance (which has to be factored into the battery voltage delivered). the LR seems to me to be more about hot throat hit but i've only just gotten on to them..the "debridged" versions are supposed to give a cleaner vape. I find them useful for running through lots of samplers to check flavor but irritating for daily use.
there are so many 510 variations out there it doesn't seem worth the bother to get into the other connectors. I tried it initially with a 510 to KR808 adapter. at that point it was hard to find cartomizers for the 510...now i'm overwhelmed with choices.

the key variables i have noticed are
hot--cool some atomizers are very close to the tip and deliver a hotter vape--some like this cuz it is like the analog.
flavor--volume some atomizers burn a little slower but release the taste of subtle mixes more effectively
failure rate--peak performance if you have money to burn some atomizers can deliver an outstanding initial performance that will blow others out of the water. they quickly degrade to subpar and have to be discarded
cost attys can range from a couple of bucks to $15 $20 --skies the limit but i'm too cheap to know how expensive they get.

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
There's a world of difference in each atty. 306 running the hottest to a 801 being the coolest. Juices taste different on each different atty. Then there are LR , Reg. or HV to choose from.

So from what you are saying it sounds like there isn't to much difference between 510, 901, 808, 306 and the other atomizer types? Just quality differences in from who you get them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread