Attys from same purchase with different "hit"

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellraiser

Sep 10, 2010
Glens Falls, NY
Howdy all,
Names Hellraiser, you can call me Hell....its easier that way lol

I am a week into my vaping career, I ordered from cignot.com, great place with fast shipping. However, the first atty i used, and have been using for my main vapeing throat hits better and clouds better than the other one....is this normal for break in? I have perused this forum for the last week....getting my info ready and my knowledge to par...but I figured I would do a two part intro/question.

I already am using Johnson Creek smoke juice, the original pre-filled were just not what i wanted, I will be considering a upgrade mod to the carts pretty soon, different stuffing etc....I wont be getting crazy, just want to have optimum hit and taste...not a fan of what I have seen with the drip or dip approach....I am also considering a PPC for carrying my stuff instead of a damn cardboard box it came in. I do have a glucose monitor that i could toss out to use the soft side as a case, but im a "pack in pocket" type of guy, so i think i will be looking for a basic cigarette case to sate that need for protection.

Well, sorry for the long first post:laugh:

"Make clouds, not smoke.....vape the day away."

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
They do seem to vary from atty to atty at times, I can't say WHY because they are all made the same way - only guess that quality control at JOYE isn't sometimes all it ought to be or its just one of those things that electrical goods seem to do in general (I could tell you some stories about inconsistency in toasters and vaccuum cleaners for example). Could be a sign that the battery isn't able to power it as it should do - make sure you wipe the thread and the plate between battery and atty often; sometimes that makes a difference.
Atties also seem somewhat fragile - not unlike earbud type earphones for iPods, the tiny wires of which seem to break at the drop of a hat for no reason that I have been able to fathom in some cases.
I have some which draw hard (and were new and not really clogged) and others which are wonderful.
Not really a helpful reply but perhaps somewhat reassuring? :)

Java_Az

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2010
Colorado
Welcome to ECF, Atomizers can tend to act a bit differently when new. Usually for me there is a bit of a break in period about a day of use for some. Sometimes they can be really hungry when new. Have you tried putting 2 drips on the bridge and then trying it. Could be it is starving for fluid. I know you dont want to drip but sometimes it will help get a atomizer primed so it will work correctly with carts especially when they are brand new. Might be worth a try.

Bozzlite

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2010
Central Texas
I am using 4 different PVs that I rotate throughout the day. 2 Egos and 2 rivas. Virtually identical devices. Each one has its own "personality". At first the 2 Rivas were light and airy, but after a week or so they mellowed to a normal draw. The Egos were great right out of the box but there is even a slight difference between the pair of Egos. The Rivas still don't produce quite as much vapor or TH as the Egos.

Out of curiosity, I switched attys between the Rivas and Egos. What I found is that the "personality" is in the atomizers. In my case anyway.

I think that this is probably the norm for now until the manufacturers tighten up their tolerances and QC.

Sgt.Taz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2010
Chicago,IL.
www.youtube.com
I believe that they are still made by hand so your bound to get slight differences in the output. I've had ones that just don't hit right and I've found playing with the wick a bit will make them work better. I'm not sure if it's luck but I had one that would not work right at all so I tried an alcohol bath and let it dry for 24hrs. That is one of my best atties now.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
This is a good deal from Welcome to awesomevapor.com -

It's called the Ego Monster atty but it's a genuine Joye Cylinder type B atty with the AV logo. $12.00
This is the bomb for taste and vapor. I tried the cone model but had juice feeding issues with it that frequently dried out the atty. Trim the stock filler lengthwise with a pair of scissors to decrease the width just enough to make it a snug fit without compressing the material any more than it takes to prevent leaks and you are good to go. I started by cutting off about 1/4 of the width and hit the sweet spot the first time.

AVAtomizer.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread