Authentic Ravens moon RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

FictitiousFreedom

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2014
WV
Sweet, i hope you enjoy it as much as i am, I honestly will probably be using it in the 7ml tank mode for years to come, so for me it is totally worth the price. I love that i can fill it up and not have to worry about it for most of the day, and for it to vape like a dripper but with better flavor is just unbeatable.

I have probably wicked it every which way possible already and the way i did it last night is the best ive found. I completely expected this to not work at all but it happened to be perfect, ill try to post a video very soon. What i did was feed the wick through like i had been doing but instead of just cutting it as close to the hole as possible, I cut it about as short as i would for a dripper than i just push the wick through and with a really small screw driver i tuck it down as well as possible. So technically im just wicking it the way i would any tank its just a bit more difficult but it works perfectly.

When you first receive it you'll probably have to try a few times to get it right. Also remember to build as close to the deck as possible because there isnt much room at all. Now that ive gotten the wicking down i really want to try and get some different builds to work, just for fun, because honestly i dont know if i can get the vape any better. I honestly believe you could build down to as low as .0 something and it would vape fine, or you could put a 1.0 build in and get it to work, it just takes some tinkering but the freedom to get everything just right makes the difficulty totally worth it because no matter how you build or vape you can find a way to get it to work perfectly, the only people i wouldn't recommend it to are people who are not experienced enough, but i doubt that is who would be planning to buy it anyway lol

godfatherI

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2015
georgia
Cleaned, coiled and wicked it today (got #34). Great vape and very, very smooth like you noted. Get some leaking on the topfil of the juice control isn't closed fairly tight despite my loading it up with cotton. That seems bit nuts because I am using stash eliquid and its very thick. No leaking during use though.

Sticking with the 4 ml tank for now until i get this one down as to not waste too much precious juice!

Overall; love the vape and the looks are killer. Pictures don't do it justice.

Reactions: dems86

FictitiousFreedom

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2014
WV
Im glad your enjoying it, its even smoother with the 7ml tank. Make sure the airflow is closed off when you fill it, that is why those black balls are down there lol Ive noticed if everything in the airflow section is all juicy than it doesnt create as tight of a seal when top filling so ill usually take it off and wipe the bottom down. Just keep at it because its taken me a little while to get it to stay clean and not be at least semi messy, but ive gotten it pretty much perfect and have had no leaking since i started getting the wicking right, its just about getting the wick tight but not too tight, and loose but not too loose lol Im still planning to post a video just haven't had the time yet.

godfatherI

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2015
georgia
Figured a new way to wick this bad boy today. With the chimney off, thread the wick then trim slightly shorter than the side of the atty. push the wicks up, put the chimney on, and then (ever so carefully) push the wicks into place from the top of the chimney. Works like a dream and absolutely no leaking. Best flavor I have gotten and wick stays juicy even while chain vaping.

On a side. Note, I kinda wish it wasn't gold plated brass on the deck. I think it is made of brass and wearing off of the plating worries me a bit.

Edit: asked raven's moon (they got back to me in 20 minutes or so!). Lead free brass, nickel plated, and then gold dipped. Again, great vape with this one!

Last edited:
Reactions: dems86

rdisano

Apr 11, 2013
Sault Ste. Marie
godfatherI has the right idea for wicking this tank. Cut wicks flush with deck edges and push up. Carefully replace chimney and gently cover the wick holes with a screwdriver from the top chimney hole.

As with any super wicking tank, this one is NOT a topfiller. For the life of me, i cannot even understand why they included this option. Market demand i guess. You will NOT be able to topfill this tank unless you pack your wicks so tight you get a dry sparse vape. Bottom fill only. Unless you enjoy an initial 1-2ml juice waste. Prove me wrong if you like, but that will require a video for proof.

OH!! and fyi, those black balls were actually never meant to be an airflow seal at all, since they dont prevent air escaping from the bottom and top seams of the ring. Nope, these are nothing more than friction bearings meant to supply the required turn friction that all airflow rings need. (as suspected, using Fictitious Freedoms tip by turning the ring to "seal" airflow yielded the same 1-2mL leakage. Indeed the only way to prevent is to ridiculously pack the cotton, or bottom fill) A little tip, to increase the airflow rings friction, slice an oring width-wise PAPERTHIN into 4 sections. Place one piece UNDER each rubber bearing. The rings tension may be modded in this manner. I found it to be a tad on the loose side, as it came stock.

Last edited:

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
I top fill the tank all the time without leaking. Wick it as I describe above. The best way I have found to make sure the wicking is "secure" is to look through the top of the chimney while holding one of the juice flow holes to a light. If you see light, you will get leaks.
Ok. I have one on the way and will give your setup a try!! Thanks bud!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread