The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Authentic X8 2.5ml Electronic Cigarette Atomizer from Fasttech

Discussion in 'FastTech' started by Sm0kyBlue, Jun 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Sm0kyBlue

Sm0kyBlue Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 8, 2013
    Just got this yesterday and attempted to play with it last night.
    Maybe I am not doing it right, not sure..

here is the link to it:

$7.47 Authentic X8 2.5ml Electronic Cigarette Atomizer at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

amazingly, it has a glass tank.. so when I took it out the packaging, I was like wow!!

I managed to get.. well check my pix.. but I did get some juice in.. let it soak for a bit..

I go to take a vape.. the draw is so stiff.

I can taste my juice, no problem there, but no vapor on exhale..

I am sitting here, wondering what am I not doing, as I am sure this is a sweet lil tank.. :p

hmm **grabs my hallo chocolate coffee and vapes and waits for help.. IMG_20130610_162154.jpg IMG_20130611_071704.jpg IMG_20130611_071744.jpg

*note.. it's sitting on my twist right now, but I did have it on my ego 1300mah.. if that helps..

2. Sm0kyBlue

May 8, 2013
    the funny thing is it's got tiny screws, one to lock in onto the carto, and one to fill the juice..

it's a cute thing, just wished it would be nice to me!! :laugh:

3. Orobas

Orobas Equine Disrespect Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 3, 2012
    Jarhead City
    well it looks like a cartotank, you can probably put your own cartomizer in there if you don't like the one included.

4. Sm0kyBlue

May 8, 2013
    It's not that I don't like it, I can't get any vapor to go right.. :/

can't tell if it's the carto or??

Would I need to enlarge the hole on the carto?? Something isn't working right..

5. Orobas

Jun 3, 2012
    Jarhead City
    um.

Pop the drip tip off. do you see something like this?

[​IMG]

Then it's probably vaping like crap because you need to prime that by dripping some liquid in there.

6. Sm0kyBlue

May 8, 2013
  7. Sm0kyBlue

May 8, 2013
    IMG_20130611_080129.jpg

Not sure if yo can see it.. but it's wet, and looks clean..

8. kuritaro9

kuritaro9 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 23, 2013
    Misawa Japan
    what is the res. of the carto? if you have a meter, stick 1 lead into the ceter with the other lead going to the outside of the threads and that will give you the res of the coil inside. i have found that dual coil cartos suck on pretty much everything i have tried under 5v, so you may have a dual coil carto in there.

9. Orobas

Jun 3, 2012
    Jarhead City
    well then i don't know what to tell you. widening the hole inside the tank won't improve airflow. the air flow is on the bottom, in the side of the connector threads.

10. kuritaro9

May 23, 2013
    Misawa Japan
    i see from the link that they say irs 2.5 ohm. more than likely, its closer to 3 ohm(chinese are notoriously inaccurate on res readings) IMHO. maybe try a single coil carto in there and see how it works.

11. SupplyDaddy

SupplyDaddy I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    I have several and have no problems with them. it's just a tank with a 33mm standard res. carto in it. if you prepped the carto part correctly, it should be working. try leaving the fill screw off for a few drawls,

12. Sm0kyBlue

May 8, 2013
    would I need to pop a hole into a new carto??

I did get some replacement cartos for it, but I also have some other different ones, without holes.

13. Sm0kyBlue

May 8, 2013
    will try that now..

14. Sm0kyBlue

May 8, 2013

it's like trying to suck a watermelon thru a straw :/

15. kuritaro9

May 23, 2013
    Misawa Japan
    for the cartos with holes already, you would just need to install and prime them. for the ones without holes, you would need to punch one or however many you wanted based on juice viscosity. you could try priming the carto in there. remove the tank, cover the hole at the bottom (threaded area) with ur thumb, and give it i few quick draws, and make note of the bubbles coming out of the hole in the carto. that tells u that juice is getting to the poly fill inside. dont worry if you flood it a little, u can always turn the tank upwards (so the hole in the cart is no longer in juice,) and give a few blows into a napkin to get any fluid out of the airhole inside.

16. SupplyDaddy

SupplyDaddy I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    then the carto may be damaged. try one of your spares.

17. Sm0kyBlue

May 8, 2013
    okies I tried that..

Keep getting juice in my mouth.. Not good.. and it's still like a think milk shake.. no vapor at all.. :/

what the heck am I doing wrong??:facepalm::cry:

18. Sm0kyBlue

May 8, 2013
    ok.. will try, but I need a gallon of water first..

19. kuritaro9

May 23, 2013
    Misawa Japan
    with the tank off, hold it up to a light and make sure you can still see through the center hole (with drip tip off) if not, you may just have a stinker carto. its rare, but it happens. you can try to open it up a bit with a paperclip so you can see through it. if the poly fill has collapsed, and the paperclip doesnt work, i would try a new carto.

20. Sm0kyBlue

May 8, 2013
    will try this first, before i replace the carto.. but it will have to wait till this afternoon.. will post back what happens..

thanks for trying to help me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.