• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Authentic X8 2.5ml Electronic Cigarette Atomizer from Fasttech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sm0kyBlue

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
with the tank off, hold it up to a light and make sure you can still see through the center hole (with drip tip off) if not, you may just have a stinker carto. its rare, but it happens. you can try to open it up a bit with a paperclip so you can see through it. if the poly fill has collapsed, and the paperclip doesnt work, i would try a new carto.

I can see the hole.. its a plastic tube like, down in the center.. the polly looks good.
(normally I use cartos for dripping) if this helps

Sm0kyBlue

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
ok.. I replaced the carto.. (might jerk the filling and plastic tube out to see if I can still use it to drip.. but!)

I think I see the difference now.. the first one, even tho the filling looked clear and clean, and obviously had juice..
(when it was touched, could see the juice in it) I could not see down the plastic tubing.. I opened up another carto, and can see straight thru the tubbing and see "daylight" when held up to a window/light.. the old one, I can not do that.

next I primed it.. I refilled the juice (50/50 @ 18mg), it gurgles when I draw.. and then I push the button on my ego.. inhale.. can taste, exhale.. can see a tiny bit of vaper.. hmm.. better, but not what I expected out of this.. or am I wrong??

kuritaro9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2013
Misawa Japan
its been my experience that tanks require a slower draw, so you dont accidentally start to re-prime the carto. if you draw too hard, then more juice gets drawn into the hole. is the new carto a single or dual coil? it might be me, but i have never liked the dual coils very much at all. my ego just didnt have the power to heat them properly (i feel) and my mod jast made the vape to warm (for me). been pretty happy with 1.7 ohm(ego) and 2.0-3.0 ohm cartos (mod)all single hole, because i tend to draw hard sometimes, and with the single hole, i have much less flooding.

Sm0kyBlue

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
this is weird.. Just did as you said, kuritaro9, till I couldn't blow anymore. Not much came out, but a little bit did.

Put it back on, added my drip tip.. now its acting like a milk shake again, and very little vapor.. I can see a tiny vape, but not much..
Starting to become very sad by this thing.. I thought it would be a decent bit.. due to it uses the cartos.. grrr...

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Sorry to say, I recognize that tank from gotvapes:

(cross-post)

gotvapes copy translated:

I was looking at their new carto tanks:

"Very attractive 3.0ml carto tank, extremely well sealed. You can disassemle (sic) the tank from this unit but it is so well sealed into the top and bottom o-rings that you are instead provided a top knurled screw-in fill port through which you can fill your tank without removal of your cart!"

Translation: You need a wrench to get the carto out.

"Earlier releases of the X series tanks provide a machined hole at the base but no extra screw. Many speculated this was to hold the top screw when refilling so as not to lose it. We surmised it may be there to provide additional air flow control."

Translation: The first version leaked. The second version came with a screw we thought was supposed to stop the leaking, but it doesn't; it also leaks. We don't know what the screw is for. Bob, in sales, speculated, while Jim, in receiving, surmised it has a purpose. (Bob's wife also speculated, which counts as "many.")

"With its clean quasi-steam-punk appearance, stainless tip and highly polished top and bottom caps you simply have a nice sophisticated entry and somewhat low-profile entry into the carto tank market. This is a KEEPER!"

Translation: No warranty; no returns. It doesn't come with directions. You have to keep it no matter what.

Note: Quasi-steam-punk? Sophisticated? Low-profile? I suggest you pick a theme and stick with it. Those descriptions aren't quite synonymous.

"The tube can be removed but it is very tight. You will need to use your thumbnail to wedge at the top of the tube and bottom to wiggle it off. We suggest removing the bottom screw to provide air displacement to make this easier."

Translation: You need a wrench.

"You do not have to use the bottom screw and not using it or adjusting it MAY provide more airflow if desired. We haven't verified this."

Translation: We REALLY don't know what the screw is for.

"We would suggest keeping fill screw in the fill port to provide proper vacuum pull and also to avoid misplacement."

Translation: If you don't use the easily lost fill-screw the tank will leak from the top too.

It was also described as "nifty" somewhere in the listing.

gotvapecartotank.jpg

ETA: I have no idea why you're not getting vapor :(

Sm0kyBlue

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
Sorry to say, I recognize that tank from gotvapes:

(cross-post)

gotvapes copy translated:

I was looking at their new carto tanks:

"Very attractive 3.0ml carto tank, extremely well sealed. You can disassemle (sic) the tank from this unit but it is so well sealed into the top and bottom o-rings that you are instead provided a top knurled screw-in fill port through which you can fill your tank without removal of your cart!"

Translation: You need a wrench to get the carto out. Not true.. removal was not hard at all

"Earlier releases of the X series tanks provide a machined hole at the base but no extra screw. Many speculated this was to hold the top screw when refilling so as not to lose it. We surmised it may be there to provide additional air flow control."

Translation: The first version leaked. The second version came with a screw we thought was supposed to stop the leaking, but it doesn't; it also leaks. We don't know what the screw is for. Bob, in sales, speculated, while Jim, in receiving, surmised it has a purpose. (Bob's wife also speculated, which counts as "many.")

No leaks, I think it helps stop and stablize the tank to the carto.

"With its clean quasi-steam-punk appearance, stainless tip and highly polished top and bottom caps you simply have a nice sophisticated entry and somewhat low-profile entry into the carto tank market. This is a KEEPER!"

Translation: No warranty; no returns. It doesn't come with directions. You have to keep it no matter what.

Note: Quasi-steam-punk? Sophisticated? Low-profile? I suggest you pick a theme and stick with it. Those descriptions aren't quite synonymous.

"The tube can be removed but it is very tight. You will need to use your thumbnail to wedge at the top of the tube and bottom to wiggle it off. We suggest removing the bottom screw to provide air displacement to make this easier."

Translation: You need a wrench.

"You do not have to use the bottom screw and not using it or adjusting it MAY provide more airflow if desired. We haven't verified this."

Translation: We REALLY don't know what the screw is for.

"We would suggest keeping fill screw in the fill port to provide proper vacuum pull and also to avoid misplacement."

Translation: If you don't use the easily lost fill-screw the tank will leak from the top too.

It was also described as "nifty" somewhere in the listing.

gotvapecartotank.jpg

Ocelot!!!! help!!! lmao!! I got this "thang" and bout ready to PIF it.. :laugh:

kuritaro9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2013
Misawa Japan
if you have a needle, try to suck out any jucie from the tank(no need to waste it) then remove the carto from the tank, and vape it. see if you get any vapor from it. if you do, then i would say what the ocelot posted was accurate. its just vapor locking on you. have you tried loosening the top screw a little bit and seeing what happens when you take a drag?

Sm0kyBlue

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
if you have a needle, try to suck out any jucie from the tank(no need to waste it) then remove the carto from the tank, and vape it. see if you get any vapor from it. if you do, then i would say what the ocelot posted was accurate. its just vapor locking on you. have you tried loosening the top screw a little bit and seeing what happens when you take a drag?

Yeps, tried that.. I get more gurgling when I do.. very little vapor.. when tightened.. no vapor and a headache:/

kuritaro9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2013
Misawa Japan
oh wow...

I dunno what kind of core the original had but it's shot..

just pulled the stuffing and tube out and wires came with it.. so much for that idea.. NEXT!! :laugh:

well. looks like that one is screwed...haha
how about the 2nd carto without the tank? do you get good vapor with that?

Sm0kyBlue

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
well. looks like that one is screwed...haha
how about the 2nd carto without the tank? do you get good vapor with that?

nopes.. ahh well.. I am grateful I can drip, and I have that evod, one my friends sent me.. and then I have the 1 pass thru and 3 ego batteries.. (sending my Dad one of the extra batteries too) and I have my diy juice stuffages coming.. it's a shame, but it still leads me to believe.. old school dripping is what I like.. at least now, I have learned my lesson.. and fasttech's batteries is the only thing I like from them. the rest is crap.

Sm0kyBlue

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
well I will just stick to my dripping and my lil evod.. I am happy with those, and at least I can depend on the evod when I go out.

sad, but lesson learned. I just hate not being able to use it all, and the money I have spent. I am on a limited income and expect my things to work for me, not me work for them. big difference!

kuritaro9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2013
Misawa Japan
maybe the cartos you are using are not good for the batteries you have. i tried some boges and smok teks, and found the smoke teks to be better. with the carto out of the tank, you should have a very light airy draw since you are pulling air from the bottom as well as the juice hole on the side.

[EDIT]
by better, i found that the filler in the smokteks was not quite as dense as the boges, so they juice soaked in a little easier.in the long run, the denser filler of the boges might be beneficial, but i am not sure. been happy with the ST cartos ( for tanks and the ego megas(really love these ones)) so until i find something i like better, ill stick with them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread