Automatic Rig for Magic Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertdangerbyrd

Nov 6, 2016
I'm a magician, and I presently using a low end $30 automatic ecig to create smoke for a couple of effects by using a foot pump (used to air up pool toys and such) to force air through the ecig, and through my closeup pad where I do card magic. It functions fine, but I want a lot more smoke, and that seems to be what you guys are about. I have poked around and cannot figure out how to do an really powerful automatic (no button the push) so it triggers from the airflow alone. Any assistance would be much appreciated. I don't need to win a contest, I just want a reliable rig that produces a lot more smoke than I can get with what I have now.

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
I have poked around and cannot figure out how to do an really powerful automatic (no button the push) so it triggers from the airflow alone.

I'm not sure how to parse this sentence.

For something with a switch, the inexpensive option is to ask modders how to build your own.

For the "throw money at the problem" solution... the Escribe software allows programmable auto-firing of a connected DNA mod.

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
I like the Escribe option as it seems it would give me access to more options. Where do I start.

I honestly don't have a mental image of what you have rigged up now, or what you'd like to replace it with so I can't be sure that Escribe has the level of control that you'd need. But it just might.
Evolve went an unusual way... wanting to advance the state of vape research, they built in controls for exactly that. But I don't recall what the trigger options are.

However... my Escribe comp is down for the moment and I'm stuck with a very limited tablet.
I'd suggest you go into one of the active DNA mod threads and ask. About twenty users will be happy to have a look at their installation. :D

Or, you could head over to the Evolve site and grab one of the manuals (if it includes the advanced options).

Reactions: dolladave

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
The small ecig I'm using work perfectly for instant smoke on demand, I just need more smoke. So I'm hoping I can construct something that does this.
Only thing I can think of would be flash paper. I don't know of any higher powered ecigs that would be safe to fire like that. Of course any simple set up, power supply, resistance coil, wick and VG would work. Maybe a simple pressure switch as the fire button? (like a telegraph clicky thingy.. lol tech term)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread