Average price Per bottle E Liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, you can lose a bit of flavor if you want. That's kind of up to you. The DIY forum and some other sites provide excellent advice, starter recipes review and discussion of individual flavors and how they perform and etc. You may WANT to lose a bit of flavor as you start learning flavors and etc. I flavor around 8% usually, commercial flavorings can be up to 20% ! To me, that's crazy (now that my tastebuds are back) and I have CHOSEN to lose some flavor.

However, you won't "lose" flavor in the sense that it HAS to be worse. It doesn't and I consider it better, probably 99% of the time. I'd imagine some folks still have that "magic" couple of commercial flavors they still love (I just won a flavor I will be buying 120 ml of from a brick and mortar near me. I like it enough to say, heck, I'm going to get some.

But, how much flavor you "lose" is entirely up to you, and I often feel that I have "gained" flavor in the sense that I enjoy my flavorings as much as a commercial site's offerings, sometimes more.

The money saved and self sufficiency is absolutely awesome. But, you don't have to "lose" anything, is my point. A person can get good enough to mix their own liquid equally well as a commercial outfit.

What special thing do you believe that commercial outfits have, other than more volume, and usually a "mixologist" (I'm not thinking there is any kind of "degree" involved, either) who is creating and mixing the flavors, sometimes with assistants?

Anna

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I DIY most of my juice.

There are some very good budget juice vendors. eliquid-depot has a very nice line of good juice. They're $13-ish for a 120ml bottle. Cloud, Beard, Dusk and Throne are all very tasty. Broke Dick is very good, too. 1st, 15th and Dollar Menu are great. They're also in the $25-ish for two 120ml bottles.

DIY will always be cheaper. Find a few recipes you likew, get only the styuff you need to make them and cost is pennies per ml. My last 60ml of a donut recipe cost me $2.30 in ingredients.

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
I pay around $0.40 per 30 ml of Unflavored 24 mg and a high end of $1.09 for 30 ml 3 mg of my high end blueberry muffin that took me 5 months of testing to perfect it to the blueberry muffin you get at a hotel continental breakfast. ;) DIY is the way to go!!

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
I pay around $0.40 per 30 ml of Unflavored 24 mg and a high end of $1.09 for 30 ml 3 mg of my high end blueberry muffin that took me 5 months of testing to perfect it to the blueberry muffin you get at a hotel continental breakfast. ;) DIY is the way to go!!
:offtopic:I’d be interested in seeing that recipe!:laugh:

Reactions: stols001

Gratch

Jul 9, 2017
Ooh i would love a decent blueberry muffin vape. I have tried many types from B&m and they are all horrible. For some reason they all use this nasty perfumy blueberry flavouring urgh.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
lo0cation is critical. regulation varies wildly inside and outside the US. in minnesota for example it is an extremely good price, but we have a 95% excise tax here

Once our mighty fine Canadian government figures they can't stop the runaway vape train they are going to tax the chit so vaping is just as if not more expensive than smoking. I keep thinking to give flavorless a try but too complicated of a recipe to sit down and make some. I don't know the local small town price for juice but it isn't cheap trying to keep a thirsty baby beast or some other power hitter satisfied with juice.
My 3 years of DIY using Canadian nic is less than a nickle a mil using 7nic and 5% flavoring, mostly tobaccos. My last FB juice win I had to cut the vendor juice down to 20% so I could vape it and still sickly sweet. I still gave it all away.
Using a lower nic usually comes with a better delivery system but I do know that the longer you DIY the less flavoring percentage you begin to use in your mixes.

Reactions: NatashaTMT

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Most decent juices can be from $7-$18 for 30 mls.

Naked 100 seems to be popular right now and it goes for about $19 for 60ml. You can find for as low as $12 on some sites.

Most of the Naked 100 is $9.90 60ml on this site.
Naked 100

Too bad it wasn't that cheap back when I was buying eliquid. The Naked 100 is pretty good stuff. The flavor is good

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I feel like you might not get good flavors when doing your own juice. Correct me if I'm wrong but It feels (at least for me) that buying from a company you will get a better taste

I had a hard time finding commercial juice that tasted good. I found one, then it was discontinued.

My diy - not every test is good, but when they are, they’re fabulous.

So, do I lose flavor? Do I compromise? No and no. If I don’t love it, I don’t vape it. I give a lot of juice away because usually someone else will love what I don’t.

Plus, aside from saving money, no shopping all over to find exactly what I want pg/vg and nic wise in my favorite flavors.

And I get that it’s not for everyone, but it’s working like a charm for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread