Avid atty tank... I'm getting excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vego

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
pittsburgh, pa
I can't offer anything more specific other than its coming out "soon", but I think this thing has the potencial to rock. It will use the HH357, but my understanding is it can be used with any 510 atty. plus I think the need for punch holes will eliminated.

According to Kevin of vplive, who got a chance to try it, it worked extraordinarily well, and was a perfect marriage between the benifits of both drip style atty usage and the funcionality of tanks. He said it fed well too.... probably the most important thing.

I'm really excited about this product. Hope it proves to be a hit.

Anybody else looking forward to this thing? If you have any info on it, please share.

Vego

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
pittsburgh, pa
SoundCloud Mobile

This is a link to the Click Bang episode with Hanna discussing this tank. I hope it works as its the mobile site. If not, probably just removing the "m." at the beginning should get you there. I can't check right now because I'm on the road away from a computer.

You'll have to wade through about ten minutes of yapping, but you could probably fast forward.

Dan Patrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Texas Forest Country
Yeah I am really interested in it as well since I listened to that episode. I have "the fog" one of the first atomizer tanks and it is better than dripping or carto tanks. Its only draw back is it just doesn't feed well. Of they can get it to feed it will be the best thing since sliced bread. For some reason having an atomizer just sitting in juice instead of only at the top really gets the flavor going.

Vego

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
pittsburgh, pa
Yeah I am really interested in it as well since I listened to that episode. I have "the fog" one of the first atomizer tanks and it is better than dripping or carto tanks. Its only draw back is it just doesn't feed well. Of they can get it to feed it will be the best thing since sliced bread. For some reason having an atomizer just sitting in juice instead of only at the top really gets the flavor going.

I'll tell ya, not being a carto fan, just the mere mention of Hanna's atty tank coming out soon has kept me from even trying a carto tank. I'm holding out for an atty tank.

Btw, what do you mean by the "fog"?

mergryphon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member

The fog was a Imeo design, a smaller version of the AFS for an Ego. It lacks the juice flow control of the UFS models, which make them much better to use.

Dan Patrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Texas Forest Country
Yeah, all I do to control the juice is loosen the top for a split second, then you can go again for a few hits. Really not that bad for sitting at the house, and the flavor is worth it. I have it right now with a Cisco 1.5 901 that is reading at about 1.3ohms on a 18650 Precise +. (using an ego adaptor and lots of vaseline!) Looks like a...I don't know what. Kinda like a dagger? it's crazy long.

I don't recommend them, but basically by using it I know what an atomizer tank could be....and can't wait.

Also it's not as big as some of the other ones, so if you make a mistake you don't have a lap full of juice...just a puddle. I never got the hang of the UFS or AVS but I think I just needed fresh O-Rings and More Lube.

Vego

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
pittsburgh, pa
The fog was a Imeo design, a smaller version of the AFS for an Ego. It lacks the juice flow control of the UFS models, which make them much better to use.

Thanks for enlightening us, Mergryphon. I've always been intrigued - enamered even - by the GGTS/UFS system, both for its beauty and functionality. Unfortunately, its cost makes it prohibitive... for me at least, and I've never been able to try one. This is one of the reasons I'm putting so much stock in the atty tank from Avidvaper. I don't know what the cost will be, but I assume it will be much more wallet friendly. (can't remember if Hanna mentioned the price or not on that interview... been awile since I listened.)

Btw, I really enjoy your videos. I've learned alot from watching them. :)

Vego

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
pittsburgh, pa
I keep racking my brain wondering how their going to accomplish feeding an atty sitting inside a tank. Anybody care to speculate? I've got this vision in my head of an atty drilled through one side and right out the other a few millimeters above the coil. Run a wick in one side, through the coil, and out the other, with a little portion of wick extending into the tank resevoir on each side. Put a nozzled endcap on the tip which fits into a mouthpiece like a Vision Extreme and there you have it.

This is purely conjecture on my part... and probably the most ridiculous thing you've ever heard of lol. What do you guys think?

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
A hole would definitely work, Vego. You can already put a 901 atty in a short tank with no modification needed, would feed through the hole in the side (the same way the Fog and the AFS feed). I've even seen a 306 atty with long drip tip stuffed into a tank, just needed a hole punched for feeding and good to go. Or it could feed through the connector end much like the UFS (through the holes in the sides of the connector).

I haven't heard anything about this tank other than this thread, but I'm curious, myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread