Status
Not open for further replies.

asnider123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
The Original ModFather, USA
I have always used Trustfire Flames but I was given a couple of AW's .. they work wonderfully in a 3.7v PV, but whenever I use them in a pair in a VV, I blow a carto. This has happened 3 times now, on 3 different VV's I have made.

Why is this happening? The voltage set is the same as with Flames, but it seems like the AW's are a lot hotter or something. Guess I should stick to single-batt mods with these batteries.

:(

Dalton63841

Moved On
Feb 14, 2011
Maine
What is the current capacity of Trustfire flames? From a quick google they appear to be 1.5C. IF that is the case then 900mAh * 1.5 = 1.35Amps.

2.4ohms @ 5v = 2.08Amps

It could be that the protection is kicking on and off and causing a greater voltage drop. Did you check loaded voltage again after putting in the AW's, or assume it would be the same? You may indeed need to readjust the POT to get it back to the right loaded voltage.

asnider123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
The Original ModFather, USA
What is the current capacity of Trustfire flames? From a quick google they appear to be 1.5C. IF that is the case then 900mAh * 1.5 = 1.35Amps.

2.4ohms @ 5v = 2.08Amps

It could be that the protection is kicking on and off and causing a greater voltage drop. Did you check loaded voltage again after putting in the AW's, or assume it would be the same? You may indeed need to readjust the POT to get it back to the right loaded voltage.

That's a really good point, bet you're right, the over-current protection is kicking in with the TF flames. I am ashamed to admit that I have been setting voltage with no load, just using probes in the atty connector. I will have to open the mods and check voltage levels with a load.

Thanks much, Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread