AW Batteries & RM2 replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

InTheClouds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2013
Murphy, NC, USA
Has anyone heard anything recently regarding the AW battery factory? I tried the LG batteries that someone else said work great and I have not had such good luck with them, I have to keep taking them out and putting them back in. I'm not sure why but they stop working and if I take it out and put it back in it works fine, this is even on a freshly charged battery. I use two REO Grand LP's.

On another note the ceramic in my last RM2 cracked and the screw could not be tightened. I bought a couple different bf rba's and the one I liked best is this:

Speed Revolution Mini Style BF RDA Silver 316SS 14mm Squonk Atomizer

It is only $6.99 and I have been really happy with it. I don't chase clouds, I just vape. It is the same size as the RM2. The main differences are that it is all stainless steel (no ceramic), the coil sits between the 2 posts instead of next to them, the well for the juice is deeper so I use a longer wick ( I use ReadyX) and the top pushes on instead of screws on. The main downfall is it comes from China thus it takes about 3 weeks to arrive. I have been using this rba for about 7 months now with no problems.

I haven't posted in quite a while, I hope this finds everyone doing well.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
How old is your reo? Might be time to replace the contact on it.. have a spare at all so you could send it in to replace the contact?

At least you can try cleaning the positive contact.. you can also try removing the negative spring and clean the hole and screw threads and re assemble.. could just be a dirty ground connection..

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
I don’t have anything new to add to what @SteamStack said (agree) but glad that you checked in here. Basically just saying “hey!” I just sent my beloved P67 in for a spa day cause even though I do maintenance, all the use she has withstood, it was time to give her a hand. (And I got a button cover meant for a mini stuck on her button). Haha. Also, one of the things I asked was for the screw to be replaced that was holding the coil. I was never able to take it out and clean/Deoxit without stripping it.

InTheClouds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2013
Murphy, NC, USA
Thanks for the replies! One is less than a year old, the other about 2 years old. I am really good about cleaning and maintenance and with my old AW batteries I have no trouble at all, just seems to be an issue with the LG batteries which I bought at RTD so I know there is nothing wrong with them although they are longer than the AW's. I have been a Reonaut a little over 5 years now. I am a little heavy handed on the button so I use the heavy duty positive contacts. My 1st three REO's all ended up with my three adult sons, and my Mini ended up with my sister! I have become the family REO guru. :thumbs:

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Thanks for the replies! One is less than a year old, the other about 2 years old. I am really good about cleaning and maintenance and with my old AW batteries I have no trouble at all, just seems to be an issue with the LG batteries which I bought at RTD so I know there is nothing wrong with them although they are longer than the AW's. I have been a Reonaut a little over 5 years now. I am a little heavy handed on the button so I use the heavy duty positive contacts. BMy 1st three REO's all ended up with my three adult sons, and my Mini ended up with my sister! I have become the family REO guru. :thumbs:
. Love the “family Reo guru!” I do believe that I got my first Reo (mini) 5 years ago, perhaps this month!
Let’s see if we can sort the battery problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread