AW16340IMR Battery Lifespan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
Howdy all, quick question for the board...

I got two of these IMRs in mid April, been using them pretty much daily since then. I usually start with them topped off in the morning, using one then the other throughout the day, topping them up in the evening for some more use. 4 months later they're still going.

My question for the board is how long do these last before capacity is noticeably diminished enough that you're compelled to get new ones?

I can't say that I've noticed any reduction in capacity, but I did't take careful measurements 4 months ago either... so I have no clue how much capacity has been lost since then really... only that I haven't noticed any degradation yet.

Thnx and Happy vaping! (as WWay would say)

Last edited:

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey
I was too lazy to check their re-charge cycles. But I don't think we can take our money to the bank on that one either. Most batts see significant decrease in performance after 6 months. BTW I tossed my first eGo batt after 5 months.

I think what you said is true for most batteries. However, AW IMRs are never getting over-stresses even when used with LR atties. Their overall lifespan should be significantly greater than most others.

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
I think what you said is true for most batteries. However, AW IMRs are never getting over-stresses even when used with LR atties. Their overall lifespan should be significantly greater than most others.

I remember the battuniversity page that suggested IMRs degrade mainly via loss in capacity vs ICRs degrade more via increased internal resistance.

Idk... time will tell... so far so good.

Hey Switched, I saw your comment about Octane liquids being bland. I just got a new round of Octane and it sure ain't the same as I got on previous orders. If you got anything like my most recent order, I can understand where you're coming from. The nic level may be off on my most recent batch too (too high maybe). I'm not vaping it for those two reasons... unusually low flavor and possibly too high nic.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Sadly, I can't give you a solid answer either Mr Madness. Mine have dropped from the 9 hour mark to the 5-7 area over the span of since we had them, but am still using the same pair.

In reference to the Octane, I believe Drew is mixing them or someone else is by hand. So inconsistency with this method does vary. really, even the big factory names like Johnsons creek and Dekang also suffer from this, rarely but surely. I suppose it's just the luck of the draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread