Back again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy B

Jan 20, 2017
Been awhile since I posted. So I have an update.
Stopped smoking on April 16 cold turkey. No gym, patches, vape, nothing. The withdrawals were bad but got through them.
Thought I might just go like that but have been tempted to smoke so I just came out of the vape shop with a new setup. And since all the nicotine is out of my system for awhile now, I got ZERO nic juice. And I’m good with that. For me it’s amount minimizing as much damage as I can at this point. 31 years of a PAD. So if I can get clouds, flavor and no nicotine, I’m good. May not even vape forever, we’ll see. But I know it will be beneficial to keep away from analogs right now.
Still afraid to have a beer though!!!
So I have couple things. First a question...what is a vape, especially you ex smokers, that goes good when drinking beer? Also, whether or not it goes with beer, does anyone know of a good tobacco flavor juice? (I’ve yet to find one).

Ok so my new setup....got a vaporesso Revenger mini kit. So far I like it. Gonna play around w/ the settings tonight. Filled it out the door with Cassadaga Cannoli be breakfast.

If anyone else has this device what is your opinion?

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
Congrats on quitting smoking! I can't help you with the set up since I use single battery mech mods with 1.25ohm coils. I find them to be much more flavorful. My advice is to find flavors you like rather than seeking tobacco. I found once I found some flavors I liked, I had no desire for a cigarette tobacco in a vape. On occasions when I do smoke (3 or 4 times a year), its a pipe with a english blend with heavy Latakia - something no vape juice can emulate. Plus, if there is something you like eating with a beer, you can probably find it in vape juice form.

Billy B

Jan 20, 2017
Congrats on quitting smoking! I can't help you with the set up since I use single battery mech mods with 1.25ohm coils. I find them to be much more flavorful. My advice is to find flavors you like rather than seeking tobacco. I found once I found some flavors I liked, I had no desire for a cigarette tobacco in a vape. On occasions when I do smoke (3 or 4 times a year), its a pipe with a english blend with heavy Latakia - something no vape juice can emulate. Plus, if there is something you like eating with a beer, you can probably find it in vape juice form.
Sounds good. Yea when I got my first kit about a year ago I got tobacco flavors and didn’t like any. Like cereal and dessert. Going to be trying a lot of new flavors soon.
I kind of like this little mod. Tank has good flavor. Big upgrade over what I’ve ever had. Actually clouds now!

Reactions: stols001

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Stopped smoking on April 16 cold turkey. No gym, patches, vape, nothing. The withdrawals were bad but got through them.
Thought I might just go like that but have been tempted to smoke so I just came out of the vape shop with a new setup. And since all the nicotine is out of my system for awhile now, I got ZERO nic juice. And I’m good with that. For me it’s amount minimizing as much damage as I can at this point. 31 years of a PAD. So if I can get clouds, flavor and no nicotine, I’m good. May not even vape forever, we’ll see. But I know it will be beneficial to keep away from analogs right now.
So I have couple things. First a question...what is a vape, especially you ex smokers, that goes good when drinking beer? Also, whether or not it goes with beer, does anyone know of a good tobacco flavor juice? (I’ve yet to find one).

Ok so my new setup....got a Vaporesso Revenger mini kit. So far I like it. Gonna play around w/ the settings tonight. Filled it out the door with Cassadaga Cannoli be breakfast.

Sure that was the 1st mod I had after using a pen style. I loved it. The weight and way it fit in my hand was perfect. Menu system is easy too learn. I happen to really like the NRG tank that comes with the kit. The main reason is the incredible selection of GT coils to choose from. There are 2 more coming out this month as well.

I never used it with temp control but if you want to use it the GT CCell ceramic coils v1 and V2 both have stainless steel coil wire as confirmed in my weekly chat with the vaporesso customer service on FB. Unfortunately it’s not listed anywhere that it’s made for tc so no one even knows what a gem it is.

I loved it so much that when I decided I needed a mod with external batteries I bought 4 Revenger Xs!!

Enjoy it.

Billy B

Jan 20, 2017
Oh sweet. Yea the young lady that helped me told me about the different coils so I thought that was pretty cool. I’m using the .15 GT4 at 45-50 watts. It tastes really good. Yes I like the menu and the lights. I needed something upgraded to stay off the sticks. My first mod was Innokin Endura T-22. Which wasn’t bad but this is much better.
If I had started with a decent setup way back instead of a cigalike I may have quit smoking sooner. I think a lot of people unknowingly make this mistake. I guarantee I wasted way more on cheap junk that what I paid for my latest setup

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
The GT4 is my favorite coil other than the cCell. Flavor is great and so aren’t the clouds.

I was lucky in that my roommate vapes and she kinda pushed me in the “right” direction after the vape pen. But like you said it wasn’t bad I was using a Joytech exceed similar to the one you were using. Glad I didn’t start off w cigalikes. Although if they work for some people all the more power to them!

Do you have a backup mod or at least still have the Innokin? You definitely want a backup so you have no reason to smoke. I keep a couple of boxes of extra coils for mine just in case of an emergency.

No way I want to stink like that disgusting ashtray ever again!

Well I’m so glad you’ve returned and I think your on a great track for success!! Enjoy :thumbs:

Billy B

Jan 20, 2017
The GT4 is my favorite coil other than the cCell. Flavor is great and so aren’t the clouds.

I was lucky in that my roommate vapes and she kinda pushed me in the “right” direction after the vape pen. But like you said it wasn’t bad I was using a Joytech exceed similar to the one you were using. Glad I didn’t start off w cigalikes. Although if they work for some people all the more power to them!

Do you have a backup mod or at least still have the Innokin? You definitely want a backup so you have no reason to smoke. I keep a couple of boxes of extra coils for mine just in case of an emergency.

No way I want to stink like that disgusting ashtray ever again!

Well I’m so glad you’ve returned and I think your on a great track for success!! Enjoy :thumbs:
Yea I still have the Innokin. Nice for a backup. Need to get some of the different coils for the Revenger.
Talking about staying off the cigs...funny for me. To be completely honest it had nothing to do with how I smelled, or how much it cost. Or how inconvenient it had become. I loved to smoke and that was that. There were 2 things that really changed me: I felt guilty for it when I got back in the church, and I started to become genuinely concerned about the effects of 30+ years of damaging my health. If it weren’t for that I can say without a doubt I’d still be smoking.
We all have our reasons at some point

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Sounds good. Yea when I got my first kit about a year ago I got tobacco flavors and didn’t like any. Like cereal and dessert. Going to be trying a lot of new flavors soon.
I kind of like this little mod. Tank has good flavor. Big upgrade over what I’ve ever had. Actually clouds now!
The cereal and dessert flavors are what ive settled out on. Ive tried a lot of different juices now in the last 10 months and i like the desserts best. Ive currently got 3 that im using, killer kustard strawberry, the one lemon crumb cake, and a store brand i just found which is a blueberry crumpet/muffin flavor. Ive also tried several fruity cereal flavors and recently i came across one called cloudmouth spoon. Really nice fruity loopy with a smooth milky finish.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
being honest I'm not a big beer drinker,i mostly drink a specific brand of rhum (sailor jerry i think?) its a caramel/spicy type of rhum but i love it with fruity flavors or berry flavors but i have nic in mine so i've never had an issue that way.

fyi: Nicotine is NOT dangerous and non cancerous so dont worry about using some if needed.

NB: your mileage may vary, i personally use apvs (advanced setups with rebuildables along with 3mg juices).

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio

Ok so my new setup....got a Vaporesso Revenger mini kit. So far I like it. Gonna play around w/ the settings tonight. Filled it out the door with Cassadaga Cannoli be breakfast.

I have the Revenger mini mod, using it with a Veco or Nautilus x tank, also tried it with a Berserker rta. Nice little mod

The bigger one is a nice kit too. If you’re liking the mini, you might also like the X.

As for beer pairings, I don’t drink a lot of beer, but when I do it’s dark and not American. I like a not sweet juice, like toasted almond or hazelnut to go with.

I’ve never liked any tobacco flavors I’ve tried, sorry can’t help you there.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm glad things are working for you at last. I can't really recommend any flavorings to pair with beer, it's been a long time since I've had any. Normally I would suggest a small amount of nicotine in your vape for out and about, social situations, but it seems to me you are doing quite well without it, and the good thing about 0 nic is you don't have to worry about a nicotine detox, since you are already through it. However I might consider a 3 m.g. nic tank for social occasions as preferable to relapsing into a cigarette.

So really, that choice is yours, but I'm glad you've found a setup to make vaping pleasurable to you. For some folks, all that seems to be needed is the inhalation and hand to mouth habit, not so much the nicotine. Etc.

Best of luck and a large congrats :) Welcome back.

Anna

Reactions: Billy B

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I agree with Anna's suggestions. Ordinarily, you want to try to avoid situations that may tempt you to smoke, but unfortunately that's not often easy.

Vaping can be helpful to avoid smoking during situations that might tempt you. The simple hand-to-mouth behavior and inhaling/exhaling vaper may replicate the act of smoking enough for you to avoid bumming a smoke.

If I were you, I'd have a second tank available with 3mg or even 6mg nic of your favorite flavor for those special situations where you'll be tempted to smoke.

And I agree with everyone else, you're not likely to find a tobacco flavor that tastes like burnt smokey tobacco leaves. There has to be a fruit, candy, desert, or alcoholic beverage flavor out there that you'll enjoy. I've tried some bourbon and whiskey flavors that are pretty darn tasty. Castle Long

Last edited:

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Congrats.

A flavor to go with drinking was a problem. I had to have beer to keep weight on for about a year (now proper treatment has me avoiding beer to keep weight off). My real problem is sipping tequila. Loved a cigar or cigar like pipe tobacco with tequila. The best I've found is coffee flavors.
You might also want nicotine for drinking because it boosts the flavor and throat hit. As alcohol dulls your senses those might get missed (flavorwise it doesn't take much to liven up eliquid, throat hit might take more).
Also alcohol has destroyed many quits for me, go a day without a cigarette, head to the bar and smoke twice as much as I would've had I never quit. At least having some nicotine on hand may cut the craving especially if you've been at 0mg.

Reactions: Billy B
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread