Status
Not open for further replies.

we2rcool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Iowa, IA, USA
Damn, how frustrating. I got some money today, and thought I'd hurry and grab some sponge cake... already sold out!
If they know it's going to sell so fast, why don't they get more of it?! Why get such a small amount that it's gone in a couple of days?
Oh well, maybe 6 months from now they'll get a little bit more and I'll be able to be quick enough to get some.

I've emailed Baker Flavors (the source of the Gourmet line, in Russia) to get the details on ordering directly [edit: and to find out what other flavors contain diacetyl]. From what I can see on the website (using Google Translate), their customer service & reputation is stellar! The only problems might be duty and/or shipping delays. I can't see (at this point) any reason why VZ has such problems keeping the Gourmet line in stock.

Nor can I see ANY reason a seller would offer/sell flavors containing diacetyl without disclosing they contain a chemical/diacetyl that is known to be so dangerous/harmful. :::insert rant here::: -- about the vaping world/industry (buyers and vendors) that won't regulate themselves griping & whining about the government taking over :::end of rant:::

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
If anyone does not want the flavors they bought I am sure you will have no problem selling them in the classifieds. I personally would be much more concerned with traces of diacetyl or diacetyl replacement "chemicals" used in bakery, creamy, buttery etc flavors if I was using these at the normal percentages of standard flavor companies which are very weak in comparison.

.25%-.75% is the percentage needed to get good taste out of these for me. That is very very small amount. If you have further concerns I am sure you can contact the vendor or the manufacturer. None of the chemicals in our flavorings have been proven safe for inhalation but I understand everyone has a different comfort level.

we2rcool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Iowa, IA, USA
Shilo, I wasn't attempting to judge anyone's specific 'comfort level' (but I certainly understand why you might have thought I was). Anyone that has 'done their homework' knows that vaping all these 'food safe chemicals' carries a risk, and we each make the choices with which we can each be comfortable. Nor was I complaining about 'wasted money' or wanting to get rid of the flavors (I might find I like them enough to decide to use them occasionally). However, I think I have the right as a consumer to know that flavors contain diacetyl before I spend my money.

What I was referring to is the vaping community's apparent lack of ability to regulate itself (i.e., lack of full disclosure from many vendors; buyers not insisting that vendors disclose sources/ingredients, etc) - along with the seeming lack of understanding that once the authorities see/find vendors selling products containing diacetyl (or other known harmful substances, that they already regulate elsewhere)...they'll be all over it like a drooling, ravenous coyote.

If the vaping community does not want government regulation everywhere they turn, then the vaping community needs to ensure there's no need for government regulations. Vendors in said community (that make their living selling chemicals for people to inhale and equipment to create the vapor to inhale), should know & disclose the ingredients - especially when those chemicals are known to cause harm (at any level). Consumers in the vaping community also have a responsibility to identify irresponsible sellers, prevent innocent/unknowledgeable people from being harmed, and to appropriately fund (or not fund) the sellers that are helping/hurting the vaping community.

What happens inside the lungs of someone that's inhaling a humectant vapor, laced with .5%-35% chemicals that are 'food safe', fairly steadily for ?-16 hours a day for weeks/months/years? How much worse might it be if one/more of those chemicals was diacetyl? I don't know (nobody knows). But we can rest assured people are going to find out (hopefully not the hard way).

What I do know is that it's my opinion that ECF should be THE place where people enourage others in the vaping community to gain as much knowledge as possible; be informed; share information...and do their best to join together to ensure the least amount of government intervention & control as possible. And that means (to me) that we need to point out these oversights & lacks of disclosure by vendors profiting from the sale of chemicals known to be harmful.

Hopefully my opinion isn't coming across offensively (if it is, I apologize to anyone I've offended). I just believe we all should be able to eat, drink, or vape anything we want...and that the authorities have no business regulating our decisions. And when it comes to vaping, I'd like to keep it that way :)

Last edited:

we2rcool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Iowa, IA, USA
You might want to start at more like .75 % these are really strong. Many will be more than enough at 1% some way to strong at 1%

Creme charlotte and tiramasu are both like 1 drop per 10 ml or about .25%

THANK YOU! Creme Charlotte was one of the first flavors I purchased - and I didn't see there was a difference between SC and "Gourmet"...and I promptly mixed it up at 2.5%. Oh my-oh-MY, that was seriously "intense"! :::shudder:::

Now that I 'know better', I'll get that one out to test when I test the new ones. What's it like? A stand-a-lone? A mixer?

Proverb31

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2013
Overland Park, Kansas, USA
THANK YOU! Creme Charlotte was one of the first flavors I purchased - and I didn't see there was a difference between SC and "Gourmet"...and I promptly mixed it up at 2.5%. Oh my-oh-MY, that was seriously "intense"! :::shudder:::

Now that I 'know better', I'll get that one out to test when I test the new ones. What's it like? A stand-a-lone? A mixer?

I think it can be either. It depends on your taste, I've read of others who add it at tiny amounts 1 drop/ 10ml or 20ml or even 30 ml as a mixer. I personally vape TPA whipped cream, so for me it may turn into a straight flavor. It is a buttery creamy custard cake like flavor.. touches of spice and vanilla.

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
To be clear, I was suggesting specific flavors from the Super Concentrated line at 2%... Not anything from the Gourmet line. Sorry if I confused anyone. The gourmets are SUPER intense and shouldn't be used at 2% IMO. I've used the 1 or 2 drops per 10ML

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
I have both the regular cigar and the black cigar and I like both for different reasons. The cigar is a more bland, standard cigar flavor... Whereas the black cigar has definite cocoa (not really chocolate, per se) notes to it as well as other notes that I cannot put my finger on. I will say that out of the couple of regular cigar flavors I've tried, I like theirs the best. Warning about French Pipe though... It tastes like garbage right after you mix it... I mean it! After a week, it's great though. (I would test it if I were you right after so you see how much the flavor changes... because I'm weird)
Good to know-I'll start at 2%. Do you have the cigar or black cigar? I started to get the black cigar, then noticed the cigar and one reviewer talked about a vanilla note as well as chocolate, whereas most black cigar reviews mentioned the chocolate. Anways, I got it in my head that I might like the cigar better. When I add a little chocolate to my mix I have to be very careful to not get it too strong to suit me.

savagemann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
California East Bay
I have both the regular cigar and the black cigar and I like both for different reasons. The cigar is a more bland, standard cigar flavor... Whereas the black cigar has definite cocoa (not really chocolate, per se) notes to it as well as other notes that I cannot put my finger on. I will say that out of the couple of regular cigar flavors I've tried, I like theirs the best. Warning about French Pipe though... It tastes like garbage right after you mix it... I mean it! After a week, it's great though. (I would test it if I were you right after so you see how much the flavor changes... because I'm weird)

Good to know about the French pipe.
I liked it right after a couple warm water baths.
Been steeping for a couple days now.

How about the steep time on black cigar?
It tasted good right away.
How does that one change with time?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
It was a less drastic change than the French Pipe but I find very few flavors that I like right away. I think the French Pipe is so strange at first because there is a LOT of different flavors going on in there. It's very complex. Once it steeps, the flavors separate a little to where you can taste each note of flavor instead of them all at once. It's very strange and it's the only flavor I've tried that's like that
Good to know about the French pipe.
I liked it right after a couple warm water baths.
Been steeping for a couple days now.

How about the steep time on black cigar?
It tasted good right away.
How does that one change with time?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY

Yep, good to know. I actually had both cigar and black cigar in my cart at one time, but I had to trim back a little. I figured I could always add a little something to the cigar for more complexity, and a little of the rum raisin will probably be an early experiment.

I'm really hoping I like these as I'm fast running out of several of my favs. (dry4, 7leaves, american red, etc.). I've still got vanilla, caramel, and several other things on hand so I should be able to come up with several combinations that I like.

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
I personally like them the best because they are the most consistent flavorings I've tried to date, and I've tried quite a few. There isn't one flavor I've tried from the Super Concentrated line that I don't like (same for the Gourmet line but I've only tried 2 flavors from there so far). Also, the percentages, for me, are MUCH more consistent. They recommend 2.5% for the Super Concentrated and I use them at 2%-2.5%. That's pretty dang close. Whereas other brands will be anywhere from 5 to 15% or just straight up all over the place. I don't have the patience, or the proper atty, to sit and go .1% by .1% until I find the perfect flavor. I'd rather know right off the bat what I'm dealing with. But that's just me.
Why are the flavorings here considered so great?
Prices look good, is that all?

Proverb31

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2013
Why are the flavorings here considered so great?
Prices look good, is that all?

They taste great and are easy to use. What I like most though is at less than 1% I don't feell like I'm taking as big of a chance doing damage to my lungs as I do when I need to vape a flavor at 15 or 20%. Also at such low percentages they are super easy on atomizers. So they are a win win win for me.

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Oh... and another thing I don't remember if I mentioned, the steep time is non-existent to minimal. At least in the couple of Gourmet flavors I've tried. The Super concentrated do need steep time but we're talking maybe a week which isn't bad. (for the tobacco flavors, I haven't tried other flavors)

Proverb31

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2013
Oh... and another thing I don't remember if I mentioned, the steep time is non-existent to minimal. At least in the couple of Gourmet flavors I've tried. The Super concentrated do need steep time but we're talking maybe a week which isn't bad. (for the tobacco flavors, I haven't tried other flavors)

I agree a 2 hours steep for all but the tobacco and a 24 hour steep for Yuco and I vaped it all before it was 48 hours old. I am not even a tobacco fan, or I wasn't until I tried these. Hangsen is good too or the one I tried was Golden VI, but I had to steep it a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread