Back to the analogs!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsifreak

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2011
A, A
It's ironic I was thinking same thing myself, actually been smoking the analogs thru the day while at work. I also haven't been able to find anything consistent. Tried the boge cartos. Thought they taste good only when fully filled, about halfway thru they still produce vapor but all I can taste is the filling. Not burnt filling but just taste like I'm smoking cotton. I also don't see how they can hold a ml of juice, I can only seem to get about 1/4 of that into them with using the condom method.

I tried dripping which is too much of a hassle, and the cart addy is good but needs refilled too much.

About the only thing I've had a little bit of success is the stainless ce2's. Can get thru a good portion of the day on one refill but getting tired of the spitting.

On top of that I know I haven't found anything I can really stand to vape all day and those I do like are atty/cart killers. I know I haven't tried near as many as some on these forums, but really just don't have the money to buy accessories and a wide assortment of juices. I'm limited to just a few a week if that, less when I gotta replace cartos etc trying to find something better. I do plan on making a puck, it's cheap to make and will let me try 4.7v which hopefully will be better. Maybe if it works out I can look into getting something better eventually.

It's really discouraging really. It took me 2 weeks to get to the point of no analogs, got thru the first 10 days no prob completely analog free then just started getting tired of everything.

mushy256

Sep 23, 2011
warrington UK
Hi.. ive had the same frustration as you,, i was drawn into the hype off green smoke and bought two very over priced batts with carts, was not enjoying the vaper hype at all with them, so i followed another over hyped supplier V2cigs and again was not happy at all, horrible tasting carts, like i was just inhaling from a smoke machine.. i then tried filling empty carts with my own juice, it was a little better.. i was begining to lose hope in vaping was very close to going back to analogues but did some more research and bought a e-power with some ego-t tanks.. the taste was a little better. i also tried dripping straight on to the atty, this was just too much hassle for me.. so i then bought some smoke tech dual coils for it. these things are huge and hold a massive amount of juice.. ive done 2 days using these carts and i have to say i am very impressed, loads of vapor and the taste is just unreal, im vaping cherry 18mg and its tastes like cherry bake-well cake amazing... also with these carts i only need to have a few mins vaping and i have had my fix,, if i carry on i end up light headed (nico overdose).. before these i was using 24mg high strength juice in ordinary cartomizers and could easily vape all day long and not feel so satisfied.
so basically what im saying is keep with it. yes you will spend allot of cash but when you find whats right an works for you its completely worth it an then you start to reap the benefits of vaping.
don't lose hope just yet, you have only just hit the tip of the iceberg.
my next buy is going to be a proveri, as ive heard all good things about it
good luck

I have a 510 setup, although I switched to a 1000mah passthrough for the longer battery life. What works for me is a regular atomizer and a drip tip. Just drip 3 drop and vape till you feel you need more. The eGo-T passthrough last at least 10 hours and I chain vape from the time I wake up till I fall asleep. I think someone else said it best when they said focus on what works rather than what doesn't. A vaporizer is NOT a cigarette. It's a close proximity alternative. Remember why U want to quit in the first place. Lung cancer is one of the worst ways to leave this world!

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Doesn't going up in volts give the same results as using LR cartos/attys at a lower voltage

ABSOLUTELY!
This is the 'red-headed run-away step child' (my apologies to such members
sadangelgif.gif
) secret that all too many folk fail to understand or highlight. It's not the voltage, it's the wattage!

An eMDCC on an eGo batt does some serious vaping for a 3.2 VDC combo. Yes, since I received my BP, I can boost the flav a lil' bit at 3.7-4.1 VDC. But the satisfactory operational ranges are well within the available carto ohms/batt voltage options in most cases.

In fact, I'm seriously considering moving into the eGo type 3.7-4.1 batt arena just to get that lil' extra flav at the 1.6 ±.2Ω sweet spot. It sure would be cheaper than the 'here to eternity' VV options. Please, don't get me wrong... I love my VV BP, if for nothin' else than finding da sweet spots. But I'll not spend another $XXX.xx when there are more than satisfactory viable and common options.

Yes, go ahead and buy any carto/atty and dial it in with a VV. Or do a bit of research and match a carto/atty with the voltage you have. Ergo, save some major buck$ and still vape your azz off...

Lambo-

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2011
Batavia, Ohio
Hey thanks for the info and suggestions guys. I did break down and smoke a cig today. Was my first in many months. I had to work a 12 hour shift at work today and almost as soon as I arrived my smokymizer leaked everywhere and left me without any juice for the day. I tried going without but eventually I said screw it and bummed a smoke from a friend. After reading all the suggestions I am considering getting a ProVari and some liquinator tanks. Anyone tried the liquinator tanks? What are your thoughts on that setup? If I do decide to order a ProVari, what accessories are recommended? I imagine a spare battery or two and of course a charger.

Lambo-

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2011
Batavia, Ohio
Actually, on second thought. I'm thinking that as cool as a Provari is I might just get an ego booster to achieve a bit of v v. Especially since I have soo many ego batteries. As far as carts or clearo's tho....I'm still undecided. I'm kinda indecisive about the dual coils carto's because my exp is hit and miss. The first two I ordered were awesome and lasted about 2 weeks. I ordered 4 more from same vendor and they were so frustrating. Perhaps I just got a bad batch.
I was also wondering about a larger battery. I bought all my batteries from totally wicked. My favorite is my mega Tornado battery. Is it possible to get the same style battery in an even larger size? A dual coil carto on my mega Tornado battery is like a nice big cigar. It feels kinda comfy.
I seem to remember seeing on the web somewhere a nice big ego battery that had an led display on the side. That may be kinda cool too.

Last edited:

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Really? A lot of folks recommended it to me. I know it's pricey but everyone who has one seems to be very satisfied by it.

Tried to warn ya 'bout that...

Actually, on second thought. I'm thinking that as cool as a Provari is I might just get an ego booster to achieve a bit of v v. Especially since I have soo many ego batteries.

Now you're thinkin'...

As far as carts or clearo's tho....I'm still undecided. I'm kinda indecisive about the dual coils carto's because my exp is hit and miss.

That's da game we all play.

I was also wondering about a larger battery.

If ya need to add to the backups, I'd look at the e-Power set up. Then there IS the VV eGo batt...

This e-cig evolution really is fascinating and frustrating... Oh yeah, and expensive at the genesis!

I've been there too..... there was a point when I was having all sorts of equipment issues and using too much nic and not feeling quite right and I was seriously considering just going back to smoking..... but I didn't, and here's why.....

this all happened when I had been smoke free/vaping for 2 months..... and I am simply too proud of being tobacco free..... to HECK with those tobacco companies... they had me by my manly parts for 24 years, I refuse to go back..... if all my gear goes down I'll cold turkey it till my vape order comes in....

CCarolina

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2011
Dallas
I get my batteries from Cignot, having gotten from other suppliers, and they rock! The VV you can get from gotvapes.com they also have the CE2 deluxe tanks that are awesome!!! I get my cartos from D & B Gold and they are awesome too- hold about 3ml, and last quite a bit- since I use one per flavor and keep switching flavors around, they last foooorrreeeever!
This setup for me is foolproof. These are also great vendors(Bill from D&B, Vicky from Cignot, and Chris and Daniel from got Vapes) who totally stand behind their products! You can find all of them here and send them PMs and they will be happy to answer you questions. Anything you get from Cignot and gotvapes will be topnotch, and so are the cartos from Bill.. Any problems (never had) you will be well take care off.
Once you settle into a setup, you will be so happy, just enjoying a few things here and there and yummy juices. I keep it simple- some will go nuts, and I can see why- vaping is really awesome, and it can easily become more than nicotine replacement- for some it becomes a full on hobby. For me, a tasty nic replacement I truly enjoy.
Hope you find your way around it soon- it's really quite worth it!

Last edited:

aland

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2011
NYC
Hi aland here,

I'm happy to say I received my dual coil cartomizer today and so far so good. Works great with my eisting ego battery. I did have a couple of analogs when I got home from work but it's been 3 hours now and I've been vaping away. No leaks and a good steady vapor. Thanks for all your help. I see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks Again
Alan

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
I've been very happy with EMDCC's. Ego Mega Dual Coil Cartomizers. These won't work on just any 510 threaded battery, they have to be eGo (or clone) batteries with the extra set of threads. Or you can get an adapter.

I tried some normal cartomizers, and found them a major pain to fill/refill, and they didn't hold much fluid so using them was a major pain. I was a little happier with ego T type A tanks, and was planning to try the type B's (which are bigger) when I heard about the EMDCC's.

The EMDCC's are cartomizers, but much bigger. A lot bigger. They hold more fluid, they give a lot of vapor, and they work very well. They are $2.79 each. They seem to work for me for about 10-14 days, then they start getting clogged up. I'm mostly using Boba's Bounty, which is 100% VG, and a fairly dark color. In theory, that means that it should clog things up fairly fast, so you may get more time out of your juice before they clog.

I've cleaned them out and reused them, but my results there are hit or miss. Honestly, I don't mind paying under $3 a week for them. Considering what I was paying for my 3 pack a day habit before I started vaping, that's nothing. And if you fill one with juice and find that it's not working right after cleaning, you probably wasted $3 worth of juice. I'm pretty much ready to stop cleaning them and just dump them after they start to get clogged.

One thing about the EMDCC's, you don't want to use them to try new flavors. Filling one takes a lot of fluid, and if you don't like that flavor, you've wasted it, plus you have filled your EMDCC with something you don't like. So I also have an atomizer/drip tip set up. I use that to try flavors I'm not sure of. I only fill an EMDCC when I know I like the flavor.

EMDCC's can be ordered with two different types of mouth tips. A round tip, which I hate, and a flat tip (similar to an old fashioned whistle) that I like much better. The tips can be moved around from one EMDCC to another, so I suggest that if you order some, get at least one of each type in your first order, that way you can try both and use the one you like best.

www.madvapes.com/eGo-Mega-Dual-Coil-Cartomizer-Flat-Tip_p_3225.html

Don't feel bad about smoking, just keep at it. There is learning curve to vaping, but you'll get there if you just stick with it. You have to find flavors you like. Some people like a lot of flavors, and others have to try a lot of flavors before they find anything they like. You have to learn about equipment, and how to refill your tank or cartomizer, stuff like that. You have to learn how to take in the vapor - if I vape like it is a real cig, I get coughing fits.

When I first started, I was told not to push to quit cigs, and that I should vape when I wanted to vape, smoke when I wanted to smoke, and it would come naturally. And for the most part, that's been true. I was a *very* heavy smoker, for 30+ years. I started vaping July 15th, about 11 weeks ago. I didn't expect to quit - I'd tried quitting many times, never got anywhere, so why would I expect this to work? I was convinced I was going to smoke until I died. But I did think that maybe it would help me cut down.

Almost immediately, without working at it much, it cut down my cigs to about 1/2 of what I'd smoked before. (3 packs a day to 1 or 1.5 a day.) After a couple of weeks, I started noticing that a lot of the cigs I was still smoking were out of habit, without thinking about it. And the really cool part was that I would often light a cig out of habit, take that first puff, and immediately think "Darn, I didn't mean to light that. I don't need it. I could have just vaped!"

When I started realizing that, I was amazed. And before long, I started keeping my cigs a little farther away, where I couldn't grab them out of habit. And that got me down to 10 or 15 a day.

15 a day, or less? Before I bought the eGo, I was smoking 60+ a day. I was pretty stoked.

But I did have very strong cravings right after eating, and just trying to vape through it didn't seem to help. Mornings weren't a problem for me. I don't usually eat breakfast, and if I do, it's usually very light. I'd get up, do my stuff, and I'd be fine until I ate lunch. But after lunch, I had to smoke, or I'd get cravings, and they wouldn't go away.

So I was pretty happy with how much I'd cut down, and I was saving money by buying 25% of the cigs I was buying before (which more than offset the cost of the vaping stuff.) But I was still smoking.

I'd been using 24mg juice. For Boba's Bounty (my favorite) that's the highest they sell it in. Last weekend, I went shopping and ordered several small bottles of juice, all in 30mg flavor. Now I'm using the Boba's Bounty as my all day vape, and I'm using my atomizer/drip tip set up with the 30mg juice when I get those "after a meal" cravings.

And that helped me turn the corner. My last cigarette was Thursday around 6:00. I didn't even plan anything out - I'd smoked a few on Thursday, didn't think anything about that particular cig. I'm not really sure of the time - it's my best guess.

It's been roughly 56 hours since I smoked. I have cigs here, part of pack that I've opened plus 5 more packs in the carton. I hadn't really planned to quit just now. I was really planning on working my way down to a 5 or 6 cig a day limit, and doing that a week or two before I tried going to 0. It just sort of happened. Once I could get through the after eating cravings without a cig, it was pretty easy to just stop.

I think it's far too early to say I'm a non smoker. I may smoke tomorrow, for all I know. But I keep getting closer to being a non smoker. It just seems inevitable that it'll happen. I've shopped around, and will be purchasing a Buzz Pro at some point, probably with a liquinator tank to go on it. Between them (and with batteries/charger) that's around $200. But considering what I was spending on cigs before, it's pretty easy to justify. And if it keeps me off the cigs, as I believe it will, then there are a ton of other benefits.

If vaping can help me quit, it can work for anyone.

Just go at your own pace. If you smoke, fine, you smoke - but that doesn't mean you have to quit trying. Once you find a flavor you like and a hardware setup you like, you can get there. If necessary, you can bump up the nic level like I did, at least until you get off the cigs.

Just stick with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread