The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Back to vaping!!!

Discussion in 'Vapor4Life' started by terrie1, Aug 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. terrie1

terrie1 Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 16, 2009
    Centralia WA
    Can anyone help e by telling me whether it is safe to vape off my car stereo with usb? Ive tried it and it workks great, but it makes me a bit nervous. I will have aa new quit date sometime next week:) I only have 2 pks of analogs left, and may just give 1 pk away. Im enjoying vaping in between smokes... I bought a cig lighter car charger usb, that doesnt work...taking that junk back. All replies apreciated!:vapor:

2. Whistles

Whistles Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 22, 2011
    Hutchinson
    If you have a manual for the car stereo... I would look into what the usb output is on it. Should be at the same as stated below or better...

And if you still want to try the Car charger method make sure you get one that is 5 volts output and around 2.5 amps... The sales person can help you locate one if it is an electronics store.

3. Morandir835

Morandir835 Idiot Guru ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2011
    Outside DC
    Ms. Terrie you could possibly burn out the usb port on the car stereo if it's under rated amps wise. You need a car adapter rated for 2000ma or above to run the pt properly. Hope this helps.

4. Mmc

Mmc Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 28, 2010
    Michigan
    I fried out my netbook USB from over use when I was quitting....defiantly get the right rating, a car charger is a lot cheaper to replace than a stereo (or a netbook for that matter)

5. katz-in-boots

katz-in-boots Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 21, 2011
    Under Down Under
    Hi Terrie, good luck with meeting your quit date, we're here for you!!! I don't know about stereo USB ports, but I must admit I blew a fuse in my car by using a cheapo lighter adapter. I got a better one and the PT works fine now.

6. timrichard

timrichard Super Member ECF Veteran

7. krashnash

krashnash Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    +1 ^

I have 2 of them as well, and they work like a charm. They are a good price, too, especially for one that can handle 5V!

~krashnash

8. terrie1

terrie1 Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 16, 2009
    Centralia WA
    got the v4l model, a true 5v experience. ty all vm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.