Status
Not open for further replies.

Chornbro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
VA/DC/MD Area
I have to be honest, the VV is a real useless trend to me. I've had 2 VV devices now, and while performance wise they are great, I just don't use the function of VV at all anymore.

I find that 3.7, 5 or 6 work just fine, and for the one or two times I have fiddled with variable voltage, it just doesn't seem worth the extra money. I just don't find my juices taste better.

Just my 2 cents.

Glad to hear this from a VV owner... I love my 6v set-up, dont plan to ever really change atties (unless IKV goes out of business... dont see that happening)...

My juices taste great, I love the reliability of mechanical mods... definitely solidifies my decision to get a REO... dripping is the weakest link!

Chornbro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
VA/DC/MD Area
As long as it holds my batteries and gets battery power to my atty, I'm sure it hits the same as my PS V3.1...

I imagine that the bottom-feeding thing takes some trial and error, but I'm sure I can figure it out : )

Yep.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my VV Monkeyboxx, but if you like 6v, and regular Monkeyboxx and Phids hit like a freakin champ for a lot less money. I cannot confirm the Reo Grand performance @ 6v yet as it hasn't arrived yet.

Mvgratz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2011
Alabama
Yep.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my VV Monkeyboxx, but if you like 6v, and regular Monkeyboxx and Phids hit like a freakin champ for a lot less money. I cannot confirm the Reo Grand performance @ 6v yet as it hasn't arrived yet.

I can confirm that both the Grand and Woodvil hit like a train with 2 life-po4's and a ikv hv atty at 6v's (If that aint enough for you, you can use the setup Sterno does with 2x 3.7v aw batts for 7.4v's) :2cool:

lrd3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
n.j
As long as it holds my batteries and gets battery power to my atty, I'm sure it hits the same as my PS V3.1...

I imagine that the bottom-feeding thing takes some trial and error, but I'm sure I can figure it out : )

with the right atty theres really no learning curve at all... you wont find a non iken on any of my mods...

Chornbro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
VA/DC/MD Area
with the right atty theres really no learning curve at all... you wont find a non iken on any of my mods...

Amen!!!!

I have a 3-month-old HV 306... I dropped it, fell apart, put it back together, dropped it again, put it back together again, etc... it's still vaping like a freight train!!

I bought 5 several months ago... I'm still using the first one!!!!

@ Mvgratz.... I'm definitely sold on the Grand... Msg'd Rob, I'll be ordering one as soon as they're available and I'm STOKED!!!

Not that I'll ever go back to 3.7 (very, very rarely... when/if my throat hurts), but will my AW 17670 fit in the Grand? I'm thinking it might...

Mvgratz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2011
Alabama
@Mvgratz.... I'm definitely sold on the Grand... Msg'd Rob, I'll be ordering one as soon as they're available and I'm STOKED!!!

Not that I'll ever go back to 3.7 (very, very rarely... when/if my throat hurts), but will my AW 17670 fit in the Grand? I'm thinking it might...

NO, the 17670 isn't "approved" for them... The AW 18650's fit the Grand for 3.7v vaping. Either AW IMR 18650's or AW Protected types as long as it doesn't compress the spring flat. Thats a saftey mechanism that Rob built into his mods. I just had a new cisco 2.0Ω atty short out and collapsed my spring in my woodvil last weekend. I sent it to Rob...he got it this morning, and its fixed and will be on its way back to me tomorrow... Here's a fantastic place to get batts, and some other goodies REALLY reasonable and very fasy shipping! Randy, is another Don or Rob. He has great customer service ethics... RTDVAPOR.com

Wharf Rat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
Fresno, Ca
www.gratefulvaper.com
I have to be honest, the VV is a real useless trend to me. I've had 2 VV devices now, and while performance wise they are great, I just don't use the function of VV at all anymore.

I find that 3.7, 5 or 6 work just fine, and for the one or two times I have fiddled with variable voltage, it just doesn't seem worth the extra money. I just don't find my juices taste better.

Just my 2 cents.

The beauty in the growth of this industry Born, is that more and more there is something for everyones tastebuds. Most, if not all of us are trying to find the ideal wattage. Whether we change voltage or we change resistance or both, we're changing wattage. And the lower the resistance (LR) the faster the battery drains.

For me, I have found it easier to turn a dial to adjust V to fit my cart/atty instead of the other way around. I usually vape between 4.4 to 4.8v. I'm on the lower end with Blueberry and Peach and high with RY4 and eJoker.

This is just what works for me..

Don't get me wrong, it's great that people have the option, if 3.7 just doesn't cut it for you, or you need something special....but it may turn into an unnecessary expense just to appear to keep up with the joneses.

:)

You can get into big $$$$ with VV, tube mod or box mods, and I agree it can be tempting to keep up with the Joneses. But I only spent $100 on one VV and $88 on the other. And very happy with both.

Don't get me wrong there are some $230 to $320 mods out there that are way cool, but I'm content where I'm at.

And again my 2¢.

Chornbro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
VA/DC/MD Area
NO, the 17670 isn't "approved" for them... The AW 18650's fit the Grand for 3.7v vaping. Either AW IMR 18650's or AW Protected types as long as it doesn't compress the spring flat. Thats a saftey mechanism that Rob built into his mods. I just had a new cisco 2.0Ω atty short out and collapsed my spring in my woodvil last weekend. I sent it to Rob...he got it this morning, and its fixed and will be on its way back to me tomorrow... Here's a fantastic place to get batts, and some other goodies REALLY reasonable and very fasy shipping! Randy, is another Don or Rob. He has great customer service ethics... RTDVAPOR.com

It isnt approved, but it is roughly the same length as an 18650... and just a hair less diameter... I'll ask the Reo guys and see if I can get away with it : )

Happy Fridayyyyyy!

phorbin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
Gamehendge
It isnt approved, but it is roughly the same length as an 18650... and just a hair less diameter... I'll ask the Reo guys and see if I can get away with it : )

Happy Fridayyyyyy!

If i were you I would email Rob directly and confirm that use of a 17670 doesn't void your warrenty. I'm not familiar with anyone using one, just as a word of caution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread