Status
Not open for further replies.

Starchild47

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2010
Tennessee
Hey all
I have posted here before about the problems I was having with some of my juices and the side effects I had been experiencing. Someone mentioned that I could possibly have an allergy to PG. Another suggestion was that I was getting too much nicotine so I have been cutting that down.
I have been cutting down the PG amt in my juices that were 80/20 and 70/30. I have still been having issues. The last 3 to 4 days I have noticed as soon as I pick up my PV and I puff on it that I get a feeling like my throat is sort of closing and I have the acid coming up in my throat like really horrible indigestion and need to burp but cannot due to my throat being closed.
I did this last night and I could not breathe well it was so bad after only a few puffs. I immediately knew something was off badly and ran and took Benadryl and grabbed some Gingerale so if it was reflux it might help calm it down.
Hubby went pale when he saw me and was very concerned. I got better after the Benadryl kicked in but I am not going to go through that again so I think PG is out for me!
I will either be selling or trading off my PG juices and looking for all VG stuff or DIY to make my own. I have read that a lot of the flavorings have pg BASE so I am not sure if that small amt would be enough to cause a reaction or not?
Anyone help me out here on this? Advice? What to do?

They have an option on their custom juices for 100% VG I just checked
Custom E Liquid

EDIT: you're more than welcome to the bottle I mentioned......I don't taste the chocolate, I don't like chocolate ejuice....this is actually tasty, but unfortunately it's only 1/2 a 5ML bottle but I can have it out 1st thing in the morning. it'd be worth a try before ordering

Last edited:

mianker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2010
USA
Starchild47 I went through a very similar thing months ago. My Hubby was out of town, I live half an hour from town and about midnight I felt like my throat was closing. It was REALLY frightning. I was afraid I would have to quit vaping. Long story short I now I vape DIY almost exclusively. I can tolerate PG flavorings but I use VG & VG nic. Since doing this I have no more episodes. please join the social group VG USERS ONLY, not currently a real active group but we do share info. There are more suppliers all the time providing VG juices also. If I can help you in anyway just let me know.

Starchild47

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2010
Tennessee
Thanks you guys. I had gotten a couple of small bottles to try from a wonderful PIF member here before that were all VG when I was having the nausea earlier and I am going to use them now.
I am concerned about the flavorings thing though. When it says they are 100% VG does that mean that the flavorings are VG and not PG based as well, or should I contact the vendor to ask that?
Thanks for letting me know about the social group. I will go join that right now. I think I am going to be doing a lot of DIY in the future too.
Missy thanks for the offer but I am not much for chocolate either so I really don't think I could vape it. I don't want to take something unless I can really use it. Someone else might need it worse.

Last edited:

Starchild47

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2010
Tennessee
Bob, yes I have some smokes here. I had not completely quit and hubby smokes so I am just limping along with those until I get some supplies or other juice in to take care of this. I thought I had 100% vg juice already mixed but it was 50/50 so that is a no go.

I had ordered some stuff this past weekend to do DIY so hopefully it will be on its way soon. I am going to try to get some more ordered that can get here quick so I don't have to smoke these things long. This really stinks. However it could be a lot worse so it won't do me in. Onwards and upwards.

Starchild47

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2010
Tennessee
Thanks everyone. I have had really good luck working with Nikhil at PureVapes. He really knows his stuff and is very careful about allergy issues. I am doing OK right now with all VG while using flavorings that have some PG in them. I have only reacted maybe once or twice and very mildly at that. A couple of Benadryl and I was fine. I am really watching this as I know it can advance at any time.
It's really hard to find good VG flavoring at affordable prices. I have really been shocked at the prices of the organic and all VG lines. I am on a very limited budget and just cannot afford the prices of some of this stuff. We all know how subjective taste is and I have gone through several bottles of PG juice and dollars in the beginning trying to find something I liked to vape. At the prices of the organic or pure VG lines, I shudder to think of how much I would have to spend to do a lot of experimentation.
I plan on adding one or two here and there as I can afford it and that way I can try out something new as well as hopefully find some things that I can vape that are totally VG flavoring and all. I asked Bruce at COV if he would offer samples of his line to try and he said he would but that has not materialized as of yet. I wish there were more samples of the organics available or pure VG's out there too. I really like the ability to get a small amount to "try" before I spend a lot of $$. This is not readily available either in the organic or pure VG lines I have noticed. Now it might not be cost effective for the vendor I don't know????
Anyway, that is my 2 cents on the journey so far LOL

vivictus

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2010
NoCal
It may or may not work for you, but you could try to just buy from VG at CVS or something. I have read that their flycerin is quality and good for vaping. This would at least lower the PG amount the more you dilute it, however it will also lower the nicotine amount as well. Turning an 80/20 pg/vg to a 50/50 dropped my nic level from 24mg to 16.2mg for example, which did not work well for me. but if you don't mind lower nic levels, and if you are still smoking then this probably wouldn't be much of an issue, try it out. Some people just have issues with a certain amount of PG, while some have issues with any PG whatsoever. I could suggest that you try to dilute it down to say a 20/80 pg/vg ratio and vape it a few times and see how it does. IF you still have issues, then it likely is a PG issue, but if you don't, then you know you are just sensitive to certain amounts. If that is the case, then just up the PG slowly until you know your limit. Or just go full VG if you want. Just some suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread