Bad experience with Heaven Gifts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necromancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Vapers Haven
I ordered e-juice and atomizers from Heaven Gifts recently to sent to malaysia. I had no problems ordering from e-cigarette-mart previously and decided to order from heaven gifts this time as they have the 901-510 adapters..

I specifically stated in the delivery note that do not put the items as e-cigarette or related in the customs declaration form , as the customs will surely confiscate the items. Tracked my order and saw the dreaded notice "Handled over to the customs" Asked H.G about it and they said they labeled the item as "Toy gifts" on the form and gave me a invoice to show to the customs officer.

Went down to the customs , and argued with the customs officer it's "aromatherapy" liquid and electronic spare parts , until the officer threw out the package and showed me .. I was dumbfounded.. The declaration form stated "Toy Gifts (Quit Smoking device)<-- in chinese. 8-o

The officer then proceeded to pull out the contents along with a delivery slip with CLEAR "instructions" with E-Cigarette printed all over the instructions . Even the invoice differs from the one that came along with the package. The customs officer claims I am trying to cheat him and bring contraband items in and end up I had to see the higher management.

In short, I was told I need a import permit (which cost over $1000), items had to be sent for lab test, blah blah blah.. which of course I didn't and my package was destroyed and I was made to pay a compound fine and administrative fee of RM300+Rm20 (USD$96.75) . :mad:

4 hours spent in the customs and paid extra money and gotten nothing. :mad::mad::mad:

Smix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2010
Wellington, New Zealand
When I ordered my KR808D-1 starter kit from ecigarette.net (which I'm pretty sure is the sister site to HG), they marked my kit as "Gift Box".

Luckily e-cigs are legal here in New Zealand 'cos when I opened it up, there was a slip from Customs saying they had opened the package and found nothing untoward in it.

It was also labelled a gift.

It would've been quite obvious that it wasn't a "Gift Box" when it went through x-ray so I'm just really glad that nothing was seized and there weren't any problems.

Really sorry to hear about your loss - hopefully your address hasn't been blacklisted!

I ordered e-juice and atomizers from Heaven Gifts recently to sent to malaysia. I had no problems ordering from e-cigarette-mart previously and decided to order from heaven gifts this time as they have the 901-510 adapters..

I specifically stated in the delivery note that do not put the items as e-cigarette or related in the customs declaration form , as the customs will surely confiscate the items. Tracked my order and saw the dreaded notice "Handled over to the customs" Asked H.G about it and they said they labeled the item as "Toy gifts" on the form and gave me a invoice to show to the customs officer.

Went down to the customs , and argued with the customs officer it's "aromatherapy" liquid and electronic spare parts , until the officer threw out the package and showed me .. I was dumbfounded.. The declaration form stated "Toy Gifts (Quit Smoking Device)<-- in chinese. 8-o

The officer then proceeded to pull out the contents along with a delivery slip with CLEAR "instructions" with E-Cigarette printed all over the instructions . Even the invoice differs from the one that came along with the package. The customs officer claims I am trying to cheat him and bring contraband items in and end up I had to see the higher management.

In short, I was told I need a import permit (which cost over $1000), items had to be sent for lab test, blah blah blah.. which of course I didn't and my package was destroyed and I was made to pay a compound fine and administrative fee of RM300+Rm20 (USD$96.75) . :mad:

4 hours spent in the customs and paid extra money and gotten nothing. :mad::mad::mad:

Savantster

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2009
Fond du Lac, WI
I don't know if I've had customs problems with HG... I simply haven't gotten my order yet and it has been a month since it shipped. (AFTER Chinese New Year was over.) This was my second order with them and I had to wait a month for the first one too. Just not worth the delays for me.

My first order was about 1.5 weeks, the second got sent back by customs and re-shipped, 3 weeks total.. the last order I got from them came in about 6 days.

I was about to order more juice and some atomizers from them to go with an eGo (can't get the eGo from them to the U.S. apparently).. I wonder if they are having more issues of late.

ChristianBart

Feb 8, 2010
Maryland
I am curious why people order from these companies. I have been to their site and thought to myself....not worth the hassle. If I get a bad feeling about a company or question it even a little, I will go somewhere else. There are tons of sites that sell everything you need. Go with the ones that have good ratings and imho...never order from China. That's why we pay a little more for our orders from the U.S. companies, so they can deal with the headaches of getting the product in from China. Just my opinion, so I hope no one takes offense. I have even dealt with the top rated companies and had problems, just saying. Plus, we all make mistakes and that is how we learn. I was burned by the SE mall scam and that is how I was introduced to vaping. Now I am much more cautious.

Jules22871

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
I've made around 30 orders from HG and have never had a problem. I'm sorry that you are going thru this. Have you contacted them about it? If it was me, I would send them an email letting them know what has happened. I know that Wayne and Vera are very nice people to do business with. When you write to them, be nice, don't come off mad and cocky. You catch more flies with honey than you do vinegar.

As for shipping times. if you use EMS you should have your order within about 10 days. If you use what I call slow boat shipping it can take up to a month to get.

cyberwolf

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Coral Springs, FL
I agree with Jules. At least in the U.S., EMS shipping gets here routinely in 5 days. Airmail takes from 15 to 30 and most of that seems to be in customs. Basically everything we use originates in China, so why not order it direct?

As for the OP in Malaysia, sorry to hear it's such a hassle there.

Necromancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Vapers Haven
If e-cigs are illegal in Malaysia then that's your fault for importing illegal goods. Trying to get HG to sneak around customs and then blaming it on them is just pathetic. HG is one of many excellent vendors who I purchase from. Sorry, but the blame lies with you on this one.

E Cigs are never illegal in Malaysia, if it's illegal why would they ask me to apply for an import permit ? Please read carefully before you start flaming others. It's just another way of the corrupted gov wanna make more "coffee money" Ask any malaysians and singaporeans and they wld gladly tell you all the stories of how corrupted the public servants are. And I believe most vapers have this problem of bringing the e-cig in, do you dare say that your customs will not confiscate / withhold your package if the Declaration Form states "Electronic Cigarette" ?

@Jules : I had tried contacting wayne and explained the situation and all I got was apologies and stuff. Wayne did gave me a reseller in Malaysia that I can order from though. I guess I will order from the reseller next time though , though the price might be higher but at least I can have a peace of mind.. :thumb:

Last edited:

whiskey

Moved On
Jan 13, 2010
I am curious why people order from these companies. I have been to their site and thought to myself....not worth the hassle. If I get a bad feeling about a company or question it even a little, I will go somewhere else. There are tons of sites that sell everything you need. Go with the ones that have good ratings and imho...never order from China. That's why we pay a little more for our orders from the U.S. companies, so they can deal with the headaches of getting the product in from China. Just my opinion, so I hope no one takes offense. I have even dealt with the top rated companies and had problems, just saying. Plus, we all make mistakes and that is how we learn. I was burned by the SE mall scam and that is how I was introduced to vaping. Now I am much more cautious.

I Couldn't Have Said It Better, I've Posted A Few Times The Huge Problem I Had Also With Them, Why Bother To Waste Time And Money. Lessons Get Learned & Hopefully People Heed The Warnings About Them.

Last edited:

LostInDaJungle

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2009
I Couldn't Have Said It Better, I've Posted A Few Times The Huge Problem I Had Also With Them, Why Bother To Waste Time And Money. Lessons Get Learned & Hopefully People Heed The Warnings About Them.

All I Can Say Is That All Of My Orders With Them Have Been Filled Without A Problem.

My last HG order was on a Friday, and I got my stuff on Tuesday. The mod I ordered from the US was ordered the same day and got here the same day.

The OP essentially stated that the problem was with the ...... customs officials... No? I don't know what he ordered, but expecting even the items on the inside of the box to not say e-cigarette seems to be expecting a bit much. And that's not what was requested... Just the customs declaration form. If you ordered a starter kit did you specifically tell them to not pack instructions?

I'm looking over the last two customs forms I have for HG, and neither of them says "Ouit smoking device" in English or Chinese. So it's not standard for them to put that on there.

You're taking a chance with your local customs anytime you order from overseas. Even more so when you're importing e-cigs. If e-cigs are legal in Malaysia, why bother trying to hide what you were importing? Pay the customs fees and do everything above board. (It would have prevented this situation...) If you're claiming that you couldn't have gotten the box if it was labeled e-cigs, then why is HG to blame when you're trying to circumvent YOUR country's laws?

In the US, the FDA is going to turn back anything labeled e-cigs. So we have to get shipments of "toy gifts" and take our chances. Blaming HG because of your country's customs is ridiculous. "Hey, the customs guys are corrupt in my town, what are YOU going to do about it."

Speaking of which, where's the part of this post where you even gave HG a chance to make this right? Nothing about you contacting their customer service? If you're going to come on here ranting about a merchant, isn't it only fair to contact them first and give them a chance to fix the problem? And if you had done that, why wouldn't you mention their response?

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I've placed probably 10 orders with HG, and several with Eastmall. All of them have come complete and in a fairly short amount of time via EMS (7-10 days usually).

I don't order e-liquid from China so I can't speak to the cost difference, but most of the hardware I've bought has been almost HALF the price you can usually find it here for. If you order enough to cover the freight costs it's a no-brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread