Bad reactions to vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todavap

Oct 23, 2010
Michigan
Has anyone had a wierd reaction to vapor after one or two puffs of a specific company, yet don't with other makes? I bought my first kit and the kit itself and service were amazing but the cartomizers have been an issue. The first was tobacco flavored and was so harsh that I couldn't inhale it or would break out in violent coughing spell with burning sensation in my throat and chest for about 10 minutes. I had friends try it and they had the same reaction. Then I tried the menthol version and it was a lot smoother, tasted nice but 30 to 60 seconds after the first puff, I would get a pressure build up in my head radiating from the back to the front, then light headed, followed by a neck ache and headache that would last for about an hour. sometimes I would even get a ringing in my ears. I've been smoking analogs for over 17 years and trying to get off of them. I don't get this reaction when I smoke an analog or other vapor and was just curious if anyone had any insight into this. Other people who tried my menthols don't get this reaction so it's something with me I think. I love the device but have to get the KR808d-1 cartomizers from another company I guess. I'm not citing the company on here because they really have been great otherwise. they did exactly what they said they would, quick to respond to emails and questions and really giving me the best service I've had in a while from any company and don't want to put out a negative notion especially if it's just a reaction I'm having. Any thoughts, suggestions or ideas would be appreciated and thanks for having this forum, I'm a newbie!

flbutterfly1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2010
Interlachen, Florida
The ringing in the ears can be an overdose side effect. The headache can also be from the nic content being too high. I have a bad reaction to too much VG. If I even vape 2 puffs of a mix that is more than 30% VG I won't be able to breathe for the rest of the day. I think everyone has a different "safe vape" mix. You may want to cut your juice down to less nic. The violent coughing can happen if you are vaping high Pg. I cannot vape high PG content at all I cough even if I dont fully inhale then my lungs hurt. I would suggest that if your juice is too high and 100% PG add some VG to it to cut the nic and add some smoothness to it.

Phenix26

Nov 9, 2010
Cali
Hey Todavap I'm really curious as to which company you tried out that caused the headaches. I just purchased a KR808-D Vaporizer, its my first and I am also experiencing headaches along with some other symptoms. Currently using PG Cartomizers. This actually really sucks because I love the device, it works great, customer service is great, and the flavors are amazing! But I can't continue to vape this (I currently have 5 packs of cartomizers and will be ordering VG cartomizers once more flavors are in stock) with these headaches and just feeling lousy in general after use. If it's the same company I ordered from, it might tell me I need to search elsewhere. If you could pm me where you ordered from, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

SeanFromIthaca

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2010
Ithaca, NY
I had a reaction to a juice I got a couple of weeks ago -- I like to drink once every week or two, and when I drink -- I really drink... and when I drink, I really (used to) smoke, which has now been replaced by vaping

so since I used to smoke so much when I drank, I tend to vape the highest nicotine content juice I've got available, and vape it much more frequently than I do when I'm not drinkin..

the last time I drank (three days ago) I almost exclusively vaped a 48mg mix I got (I'll refrain from naming the company since I can't be sure it was really this juice that did it), but the next day I was having real difficulty catching a breath

to be fair, I did some research and found that dehydration is a MAJOR factor in reduced lung function -- it turns out that you release water vapor every time you breathe (like the fremmen...) and as a defense against further dehydration your body produces histamine which restricts air passages

so it's possible that the SOB (shortness of breath) was due to severe dehydration, which is not uncommon for me after a night of drinking (horrible about rehydrating before bed), but it seemed to be much worse than it was the last time I drank, when I wasn't exclusively vaping the 48mg -- but a little bit of everything

I'm something of a hypochondriac, and I've analyzed every little way I've felt to see if vaping has had any ill effects on me -- so far it seems that if I stay hydrated there aren't any, but if I don't, I notice more SOB, and if I vape a ton of that specific juice AND I'm dehydrated I notice a LOT more SOB

so in my short experience there does seem to be a bit of difference between juices -- I've got 8 other juices and I don't seem to have that reaction from any of the others, so it could literally just be one ingredient in the 48mg juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread