Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Do you really think they can inspect every package? Online sales of cigarettes was dealt with through the mail carriers, rather than inspecting every piece of mail...

Do they have to Check Every Package?

Just put a 1st time $10,000 Fine on anyone selling e-liquids that Contain Nicotine in Non Face-2-Face sales. How many US Companies are going to be Selling e-Liquids via Net then?

And if you want to Stop people from Buying e-Liquids that Contain Nicotine from Foreign Companies, do the Same for the Buyer as well as the Shipping Company who delivers you package.

The FDA knows that they Can't Stop Every single Package. But I would guess that 99.5% would be Good Enough for them.

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
When the online retailers of cigarettes knew they could no longer ship them without facing fines and arrest, they shut down, except the ones offshore...

And if you want to Stop people from Buying e-Liquids that Contain Nicotine from Foreign Companies, do the Same for the Buyer as well as the Shipping Company who delivers you package.

The FDA knows that they Can't Stop Every single Package. But I would guess that 99.5% would be Good Enough for them.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...

They can never stop sales from offshore. Maybe they get lucky and catch large shipments, but If someone orders 6 bottles, there is virtually no chance of getting caught. Our mail doesn't sit in customs for a month, waiting for inspection like it does in other countries...
I am actually surprised batteries are allowed to be sent through regular mail...

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
They can never stop sales from offshore. Maybe they get lucky and catch large shipments, but If someone orders 6 bottles, there is virtually no chance of getting caught. Our mail doesn't sit in customs for a month, waiting for inspection like it does in other countries...
I am actually surprised batteries are allowed to be sent through regular mail...

Nobody said the US Government can stop Offshore sales.

But what they Can Do is to make it Illegal to Ship or Receive an e-Liquid that contains Nicotine.

How many People do you think would Opt for receiving e-Liquids that contain Nicotine via the Mail if what happened to this Individual was accompanied with a $10,000 Fine?

Wondering about taxes | E-Cigarette Forum

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Nobody said the US Government can stop Offshore sales.

But what they Can Do is to make it Illegal to Ship or Receive an e-Liquid that contains Nicotine.

How many People do you think would Opt for receiving e-Liquids that contain Nicotine via the Mail if what happened to this Individual was accompanied with a $10,000 Fine?

Wondering about taxes | E-Cigarette Forum

There would still be a few, but not many...

Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
There would still be a few, but not many...

I don't think ANYTHING the Government can Do or Enact can 100% Stop Anything.

But a Federal Law making Face-2-Face Only sales would prevent the Vast Majority of "Net" Sales.

BTW - How were you Planning on Paying for the e-Liquids that contain Nicotine when you buy them from a Foreign Country?

Paypal? Your US Credit Card Company?

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
I don't think ANYTHING the Government can Do or Enact can 100% Stop Anything.

But a Federal Law making Face-2-Face Only sales would prevent the Vast Majority of "Net" Sales.

BTW - How were you Planning on Paying for the e-Liquids that contain Nicotine when you buy them from a Foreign Country?

Paypal? Your US Credit Card Company?

I have an account in Prague not tied to the US in any way...

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
I guess that would Work?

How many Vaper's or Future Vaper's do you think have Accounts in Foreign Countries?

.00000001% ?

No idea. I know a number of frequent travelers with ties to other countries who have off shore accounts, though. It makes it easier to buy things through web sites in those countries. Sportissimo CZ, for instance, doesn't accept credit cards not tied to an address in CR.I send flowers almost weekly through a florist in CR. I got tired of calling my bank after the card was flagged for a foreign transaction, even though I have ordered dozens of times...
You asked how I would buy, not most people...

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Do they have to Check Every Package?

All that would be required is that the postal carrier look at the boxes leaving any eliquid vendor, and just pushing back the package without even accepting it.

YOu know, the USPS can do this, let' say you have a dog and the carrier can't go to your porch safely, they just don't deliver OR pick up anymore.

An eliquid or nic vendor who has shipped out leaking packages.....same deal. USPS is not *required* to accept your mail. I think some people don't realize this :) That was what I was worried about when I got that shipment of broken eliquid (badly packaged) because it was dripping all inside my mailbox and it took a bucket of soapy water and a towel to wash it all down. My carrier did NOT APPRECIATE this. It was leaking inside her truck and she had to separate it out from all the other mail and packages. She only did it because she knows me and is a neighbor. I live in small town, we know our meter readers, our postal carriers, like friends. Had it been anyone else they could just have said "we no longer wish to deliver to your home."

There was one vendor who shipped me loose IMR batteries.....I mean 5 of them were just jangling around, unwrapped, inside a bubble mailer, and it went priority mail, meaning loaded on airplane.........into cargo area.......NOT COOL. At all. I wrote to them and called, and they disagreed with me that loose lithium batteries were all that dangerous.

Believe me, I WANTED to report them to their local USPS pickup site. Because this is what causes fires in airplanes.

Putting others at risk to make a buck and then not even accepting repsonsibility when customer points it out to you, that it is ALSO against USPS regs to ship this way

Anyway, if a shipper *wanted*, and if the vendor was ONLY selling eliquid, not any hardware, they could just say "we don't take these things to Arkansas".

I'm sure they have better things to do, but like I said, it doesn't matter, many vendors just don't want to be involved in all this so they will just not ship to us.

Last edited:
Reactions: skoony

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Why would the FDA push for Signature Deliveries for Internet Sales?

Why wouldn't they just do what they have Said they want to do, and what is at the Core of the FSPTCA? To make the sale of "Tobacco Products" Face-to-Face Only.

They don't want it going thru the mail. They want to keep track of it, signed sealed and delivered on shelves, with invoices and inventories, sold in permitted/licensed stores, same way cigs are sold in AR......so that in 2 years it will be easy to tax, just like cigarettes.

They "said" it was about age verification but it's really not. :)

Reactions: stevegmu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread