Status
Not open for further replies.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
mods, can you leave this up in general area of forum, many people just never go over to legis section of fourm and worried that some still may not know about this ban.
-----------

Just wanted everyone to know. Vendors are already posting on their websites that they can no longer legally ship eliquids to vapers in Arkansas.

Hardware is still okay (see my note below though).

What would be good and I think would help is when you see these notices if you could take a moment and click to contact us, and remind the vendor if it is not already written that the new law does not include hardware Some of them know this, but some of the notifications I read didn't include any statemments on shipping hardware.

It would be a shame in vapers in AR, many who live in rural areas where there are no vapor stores, would have to drive 50+ miles just to buy a replacement coil.

I didn't read carefully thru every one. Just want to make sure as much as possible that they will still ship hardware.

sampling of notices appearing on websites:

Johnson Creek™ Vapor Liquid
(johnson creek.....are applying for manufacturing license for state of AR......add your favorite B&M to their list so they can carry it.

Indy Vapor Shop Electronic Cigarette Liquid - Home (knows they can ship hardware, etc.)

Important Shipping Policy Announcement Regarding Arkansas’ ACT 1235 (SB978) | Premium Vapor Liquid Blends - Wagashi Mixology

Welcome to Zikwid.com - What's Your Flavor?
(look on top)

Arkansas Residents - Bama Vapor

Arkansas ACT 1235 (SB978) Shuts Down Online Sales

Welcome to Ecigsupply - Your Source For JoyeTech, SmokTech, And Kanger

Vintage Vapor Vaping Archives - Vintage Vapor

Steam Punk Vapors

eJuiceMonkeys.com, Simply Evolutionary

Nuclear Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2014
Memphis, TN
Sad state of affairs. While these state GOV's claim to be against tobacco, it's a huge hit in their pockets when people stop buying cigarettes! I think the real truth of the matter is they would prefer you to continue to smoke! It's money in their pockets.

I travel through Arkansas a few times a week for work. They have very high cigarette taxes and are probably feeling the pain of vaping!

The Eciginator

Ultra Member
Jul 27, 2015
While some tiny bit of these anti vaping bills might be motivated by health and safety concerns, I have NO doubt it's mainly about revenue and pressure from the tobacco industry!:mad: I don't mind terribly banning vaping in public buildings or areas where smoking is also prohibited, but things like prohibiting sales smacks of Prohibition and we know how well that worked out!:sneaky:

Reactions: David Wolf

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
but things like prohibiting sales smacks of Prohibition and we know how well that worked out!:sneaky:

I see no parallels to Prohibition here at all. :?:

Vaping is still legal. Eliquid is still legal. Vaping hardware is still legal. Buying all of these things is still legal.

In AR, they are just making you buy the eliquid part thru one channel, i.e. face to face. Similar to how tobacco and alcohol are purchased in AR.

Last edited:
Reactions: zoiDman

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
In AR, they are just making you buy the eliquid part thru one channel, i.e. face to face. Similar to how tobacco and alcohol are purchased in AR.
and this is where the rub is.
i have been saying for some time we are not vapers any more.
according to the government we are just users of new tobacco
products.
they do not have to call us vapers. they have stolen our unique
identity. when nonsmokers think of tobacco products the first
thing that will come to their mind is cigarettes.
all the threads about vaping when and where have been rendered moot.
its official. we are smokers after all.
:2c:
regards
mike

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
Being such a rural state, many Arkansas vapers will have to drive long distances to reach a B&M with any -real- selection of juice AND pay 10%+ sales tax for the privilege, say goodbye to most premium juice lines. Of course they can still get BoBo's whompum juice at the local truck stop if they don't mind vaping what tastes like perfumed turpentine and paying premium prices for the convenience. This is just one of many potential legislative chokeholds individual states will deploy against the vaping community in the coming years. Face to face transactions insure purchases are made locally (and are therefor taxable), plus its a prerequisite to imposing any "special" taxation like those placed on alcohol and tobacco. Other states will soon follow suit because there is no downside in doing so, just added tax revenue and a means of control. I fully expect my state will pass similar law and perhaps even expand upon it which is why I've spent years preparing for the inevitable.

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
Sad state of affairs. While these state GOV's claim to be against tobacco, it's a huge hit in their pockets when people stop buying cigarettes! I think the real truth of the matter is they would prefer you to continue to smoke! It's money in their pockets.

I travel through Arkansas a few times a week for work. They have very high cigarette taxes and are probably feeling the pain of vaping!

The Local, State and Federal government contradicts every thing they do and say.
If they were to place a hefty tax on e-liquid, they (gov. officials) would be alright with it.

A Police State of America is soon approaching!!

Reactions: Rickb119

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Know nothing about Indiana. Maybe someone who lives in that state can provide an update.

The Indiana law was passed but it doesn't go into effect until July 2016. Right now nobody knows what will happen after that. The regulators probably haven't even decided yet. My guess is it will be similar to AR, except licenses will cost more and the licensing requirements will be extremely expensive and difficult to meet. And the internet sales ban might include hardware as well as juice.

But like I said we don't know.

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
The Indiana law was passed but it doesn't go into effect until July 2016. Right now nobody knows what will happen after that. The regulators probably haven't even decided yet. My guess is it will be similar to AR, except licenses will cost more and the licensing requirements will be extremely expensive and difficult to meet. And the internet sales ban might include hardware as well as juice.

But like I said we don't know.

This type of legislation will be springing up everywhere over the next few years. As I mentioned earlier establishing state control at/over the point of sale (face to face), is a prerequisite to imposing further actions, rules, requirements and of course special taxes. This is just the beginning, enjoy the freedom you currently have while you still have it.

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
A Police State of America is soon approaching!!

No it isn't.

Only if you live in some mamby pamby ... state where You the populace have shown your state officials with your past lack of complaint, that you wish for them to be your Mommies and Daddies. And now, with the Anti-EStuff laws They Think they're doing just that and Now, since it impacts You Directly, you Finally have a problem with it.

It you can't get your state governments back on track, MOVE.

I don't think we'll see any of this stupidity in Fla. It's anti business for one thing and we have a pro business Governor.

It's just been unheld in FEDERAL court that it's Still Against The Law in Fla. for a Dr. or even a mental health professional to even Ask You if you own a firearm. Against The Law.

Gun owner lists being released to the media? That would get you a Felony sentence here. It's a Felony in Fla. for there to even Exist a Gun Owner's list.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Reactions: jrenae4

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
This type of legislation will be springing up everywhere over the next few years. As I mentioned earlier establishing state control at/over the point of sale (face to face), is a prerequisite to imposing further actions, rules, requirements and of course special taxes.

It was either that, or have the FDA do it. It will be treated like alcohol and tobacco.

I'm an Arkansas resident, and I just put a order in at MBV. I wonder how this'll go...

MBV will have to break the law to ship to you.

I personally haven't put any of "my" vendors in that situation, esp. smaller ones that unlike MBV, may not even be aware of the law yet.

Reactions: Str8vision

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I don't think we'll see any of this stupidity in Fla.

Responding to quote your quote.

It's funny, pretty much every time something happens in somebody else's state, people pipe up from theirs and tell us how it can't or won't happen there. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread